• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I think i'll go for Armaldo, it's just such a cool Pokemon... though i'll keep an eye on Volbeat as well.

Remember to breed Aqua Jet onto it!

Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Aqua Jet/Earthquake or X-Scissor seems like it would be a good moveset for Armaldo. If you went with Swift Swim for its Ability, you could use the aforementioned Volbeat to set up priority Rain Dance, which would double Armie's speed and seriously buff Galvantula's Thunder (with the added bonus of halving the damage of Fire-attacks, one of Bug-type's biggest threats).

LaNaranja

I finished my Ash Ketchum team, and have been working on training it (Sceptile, Infernape, Charizard, Pikachu, Primeape, and Tauros). While EV training them I ran into a shiny zubat. I caught it and it as no perfect IVs and 0 in Sp Attack. It looks neat though. It is my second shiny, with my first being a Fletching with bad speed that I ran into at the start of the game (3rd Pokemon I saw).

CrimsonN0

How is it working out for you? Pretty good results?

Thanks for the Mudkip Sez!

Well, it was actually the first team I made and I haven't used it in a while.
How it worked out, pretty much depended entirely on how many Fire attacks the other team had.

Forrettress is there to set up Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin.
If hes still at full HP he can survive Talonflame and Explode, killing him, alternately Shuckle can just Toxic stall Talonflame and any number of other pokemon including most Mega pokemon(well, as long as they don't start setting up then they eventually just overpower Shuckle).
My Volcarona is a ChestoRest one, so I could setup Quiver Dances even on Rotom-Ws and just sweep through teams.
Likewise, if Galvantula managed to set down Sticky Web, MegaHeracross just tears through teams.

Korosenai

Remember to breed Aqua Jet onto it!

Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Aqua Jet/Earthquake or X-Scissor seems like it would be a good moveset for Armaldo. If you went with Swift Swim for its Ability, you could use the aforementioned Volbeat to set up priority Rain Dance, which would double Armie's speed and seriously buff Galvantula's Thunder (with the added bonus of halving the damage of Fire-attacks, one of Bug-type's biggest threats).
That's actually a great strategy. Ill have to try it out sometime. Just got an Armaldo and a Tirtouga with aqua jet off gts. Now to breed them.
Well, it was actually the first team I made and I haven't used it in a while.
How it worked out, pretty much depended entirely on how many Fire attacks the other team had.

Forrettress is there to set up Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin.
If hes still at full HP he can survive Talonflame and Explode, killing him, alternately Shuckle can just Toxic stall Talonflame and any number of other pokemon including most Mega pokemon(well, as long as they don't start setting up then they eventually just overpower Shuckle).
My Volcarona is a ChestoRest one, so I could setup Quiver Dances even on Rotom-Ws and just sweep through teams.
Likewise, if Galvantula managed to set down Sticky Web, MegaHeracross just tears through teams.
That Galvantula strat is the same exact thing I do with Pinsir. One swords dance after sticky web and theyre done for.

Also, would you happen to have any spare Pineco? I could hook you up with an aqua jet Anorith to try out.

Also, you dont need shuckle for Talonflame. Galvantula one hundred percent beats Talonflame everytime. Ive never had a Talonflame kill it, though after I kill it with Thunder theres a 50/50 chance I can't set up sticky web.

CrimsonN0

That's actually a great strategy. Ill have to try it out sometime. Just got an Armaldo and a Tirtouga with aqua jet off gts. Now to breed them.

That Galvantula strat is the same exact thing I do with Pinsir. One swords dance after sticky web and theyre done for.

Also, would you happen to have any spare Pineco? I could hook you up with an aqua jet Anorith to try out.

Also, you dont need shuckle for Talonflame. Galvantula one hundred percent beats Talonflame everytime. Ive never had a Talonflame kill it, though after I kill it with Thunder theres a 50/50 chance I can't set up sticky web.

Yeah, I have a couple Pineco left. The best one is only 4IV, one being in SpAtt, though.
I think we've added each other, but My FC:5000-3009-5859.

As for Galvantula vs. Talonflame, I've only recently started to really collect BP so I didn't have a Focus Sash to survive priority Brave Bird.

;_;

tumblr_myzsc9tHfp1qadkc8o1_1280.png

My perfect Krookodile awaits me in Black 2.

Korosenai

Yeah, I have a couple Pineco left. The best one is only 4IV, one being in SpAtt, though.
I think we've added each other, but My FC:5000-3009-5859.

As for Galvantula vs. Talonflame, I've only recently started to really collect BP so I didn't have a Focus Sash to survive priority Brave Bird.
Yep, we added each other the other day. You online to trade now?

Let me know if you can get Armaldo to be any good. It's one of my favorite Pokémon, but I can never seem to make one that's any good...

Sure thing. I think i'm gonna run a choice band on it and see how it works out to start.

Korosenai

Yeah, just start a trade with me.

Actually, let's just trade tomorrow, I don't have any Anorith's yet to trade. I'm currently trying to get a female to breed with this male Tirtouga, but the female percentage is like 87.5%. I should have you a spare Anorith by tomorrow, with aqua jet and decent iv's, so we can trade then.

one_kill

Figuring out which Pokemon to have in my team is mind numbing.

So far I know Infernape and Porygon2 is in my team because they're cool and I have awesome nicknames for them. Finding the other four is hard.

spiritfox

So far I know Infernape and Porygon2 is in my team because they're cool and I have awesome nicknames for them. Finding the other four is hard.

Find something that counters Pokemon that counter your first 2, then something that counters whatever counters your counter. Also, someone with Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Sticky Web and someone that has Defog/Rapid Spin.

Or just pick what you think is cool.

CrimsonN0

I just train a bunch of pokemon I like.
Randomly throw them in a team.
Then switch members out until it works.

Quest1

Shiny Mareep is sooooo nice... I love dem colors

Sigmaah, you are a beast. How are you getting all these 5/6iv competitive shinies? I've been breeding with ditto the god and it's only spit out two not quite right shiny axew and dratini. I'd kill for a shiny protean Greninja.

macklelol

Shiny Mareep is sooooo nice... I love dem colors

Imagine all the pain when you eventually have to train all those shinies.

Sigmaah, you are a beast. How are you getting all these 5/6iv competitive shinies? I've been breeding with ditto the god and it's only spit out two not quite right shiny axew and dratini. I'd kill for a shiny protean Greninja.

I believe he's cloning them for other people, and in the process, makes a copy for himself. That or trading it.

Sigmaah

You can clone right? Head over to GFaqs and enter the cloning market! If you say you can clone, ppl will let you clone all of their mons and in return, you keep a clone yourself! No way in hell could I breed all of these lmao. If it bugs you that you're not the OT then you might not wanna do it. But it doesn't matter to me so wooo!

Imagine all the pain when you eventually have to train all those shinies.

I believe he's cloning them for other people, and in the process, makes a copy for himself. That or trading it.

Yep, that's what I'm doing! get a copy for myself.

It's gonna be so fucking awesome to train all of these cute little mons! I'll have so much to do!

ugoo18

What's a more useful movepool for Forretress?

Light Screen
Reflect
Volt Switch
Rapid Spin

vs

Rapid Spin
Volt Switch
Stealth Rock
Reflect

vs

Rapid Spin
Volt Switch
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball

Quest1

You can clone right? Head over to GFaqs and enter the cloning market! If you say you can clone, ppl will let you clone all of their mons and in return, you keep a clone yourself! No way in hell could I breed all of these lmao. If it bugs you that you're not the OT then you might not wanna do it. But it doesn't matter to me so wooo!

Yep, that's what I'm doing! get a copy for myself.

It's gonna be so fucking awesome to train all of these cute little mons! I'll have so much to do!

I don't mind if I'm not the OT for shinies, but now that I'm back in Vegas after the holidays, I can't clone anymore :/ ahh well

macklelol

guys

Chansey or Blissey for my Def wall ?
some people say Chansey with evolite is better then Blissey

They're both primarily special walls, you really don't want to keep them in on physical attackers. If that's what you meant (using one as a special wall), then either one is fine. Chansey is bulkier with Eviolite, but Blissey has more special attack and can use leftovers for a bit more recovery.

one_kill

Finally got a good enough Porygon with the right nature. It's 5IV, missing speed, but I'm ok with that seeing how speed doesn't matter to Porygon anyway.

Now to figure out how to spread EVs.

L.O.R.D

thanks for the info
i am now the new owner of shiny mew
gRaHyDj.jpg

do you still have that shiny greninja ?

Top Bottom