• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I'm finally at the point where I can catch Xerneas, dunno if I should try to soft reset for a good one :/

nothing new on the RNG front?

Legendaries that can't breed are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs. So, you can probably just SR until you get one with 4 or more perfect IVs in the stats you want. Then if you want a certain nature, just toss a Synchronize Pokemon in front of your party. Xerneas/Yvetal are relatively easy to catch so I say go for it.

Quest1

I hate to be that guy because I don't have much to offer back, but does anyone have any timburr/machop/electabuzz with egg moves, or hustle nidoran males? I transferred my competitive mons to my digital game so I don't have much if my breeding fodder anymore to trade. I haz mudkips with 3/4v, sheer force Bagon, and an modest eevee with 5ivs sans attack I'm willing to trade for the like. I also have legendaries I can let people clone, tho they aren't competitive sets

OceanBlue

I hate to be that guy because I don't have much to offer back, but does anyone have any timburr/machop/electabuzz with egg moves, or hustle nidoran males? I transferred my competitive mons to my digital game so I don't have much if my breeding fodder anymore to trade. I haz mudkips with 3/4v, sheer force Bagon, and an modest eevee with 5ivs sans attack I'm willing to trade for the like. I also have legendaries I can let people clone, tho they aren't competitive sets

I have female hustle Nidoran :<. If you need a male, I can breed one for you. Would you rather have a timid or modest one?

Quest1

I have female hustle Nidoran :<. If you need a male, I can breed one for you. Would you rather have a timid or modest one?

Thanks OB, what do you want back? I'd like a timid one if possible. I can hook you up with the 5iv eevee or 5iv immunity gligar for your troubles.

I'm gonna be away from the game for a while though so just message me when and your FC, tho I think we're already friends.

Edit: for the rest of PokeGAF, just got a Wii U, outside of 3D World and Earthbound, what should I be playing?

OceanBlue

Thanks OB, what do you want back? I'd like a timid one if possible. I can hook you up with the 5iv eevee or 5iv immunity gligar for your troubles.

I'm gonna be away from the game for a while though so just message me when and your FC, tho I think we're already friends.

Edit: for the rest of PokeGAF, just got a Wii U, outside of 3D World and Earthbound, what should I be playing?

Mmm, I could always use a Sheer Force Bagon. I don't mind whatever you want to give me though. I owe you from a little while back anyway. :p

MicH

Ah yes, I got a Quiet Trace Porygon 31/x/31/31/31/0

Time to start this Masuda breeding. I wish I had a Ditto with stats equal to the Porygon though lol. Will suck to get 31 IVs instead of Special Attack :/ Let's go!

Wichu

Got a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Hasty Iron Fist Chimchar with Quick Guard/Encore/Fake Out/Thunder Punch (the IVs give Hidden Power Ice).

Also it's shiny. Best shiny MixApe in the world, considering Iron Fist can't be RNGed/Instachecked?

Panzon

I was using the smogon simulator last night to play around with some teams and had some good success. My kingdra is great but is not fitting in with my team too well. I was also using tyranitar to set up rocks but hes easy to KO these days.

Any tips on how I can use tyranitar for better results and what pokemon should i use to set up stealth rocks or any other hazards for that matter?

The rest of the team is aegislash, mega pinsir, azumarril and togekiss (whom Im also very shaky about for this team). I went 13-7 but know I couldve done much better

Got a 30/31/30/31/31/31 Hasty Iron Fist Chimchar with Quick Guard/Encore/Fake Out/Thunder Punch (the IVs give Hidden Power Ice).

Also it's shiny. Best shiny MixApe in the world, considering Iron Fist can't be RNGed/Instachecked?
Holy shit, congrats.

one_kill

Can someone help me evolve my Porygon?

Trying to complete the national dex before Pokébank finally comes out. Just missing Porygon2 and Z, Raikou, the Feebas line, Registeel, Lati@s, Kyogre, Groudon, the Cherubi line, the Finneon Line, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, and Landorus.

But my God, the GTS is awful trying to get them. There are very few fair/doable trades, and the ones that are doable are already taken. I'm sorry, but Xerneas is not an acceptable trade for a Cherubi. You're not getting an Arceus anytime soon, either.
Apart from event Pokemon, most of the legendaries are fairly easy to get.

Right now, I'm missing only six Pokemon: Porygon-Z, the three lake guardians, and three event Pokemon. I don't think I'll get the three event Pokemon I'm missing because most of ones I've gotten has been with some assistance and generosity from people here and some luck with passers-by.

Anyway, I'll share my method soon for anyone hoping to nab some legendaries before bank comes out.

Edit: As for the non bank legendaries, you can ask here. In fact, I think I have a spare Cherubi, Finneon, and Feebas.

Frost_Ace

Legendaries that can't breed are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs. So, you can probably just SR until you get one with 4 or more perfect IVs in the stats you want. Then if you want a certain nature, just toss a Synchronize Pokemon in front of your party. Xerneas/Yvetal are relatively easy to catch so I say go for it.

There's a long cutscene that can't be skipped before the encounter meh, guess I'll just hope they distribuite another one via wi-fi :(

Can someone help me evolve my Porygon?

I can! FC is in the profile :)

JoeM86

Had a moment yesterday where I was breeding a Pokémon for a team to destroy a friend (his goal is to defeat me, considering who I am), won't mention the Pokémon in case he comes here.

Anyway, I was trying to get it with its Hidden Ability. I actually hatched a perfect IV'd one, but without the ability. I was so sad and annoyed. I put it on Wonder Trade though, since I'm a nice chap. I got a Beedrill for it.

macklelol

There's a long cutscene that can't be skipped before the encounter meh, guess I'll just hope they distribuite another one via wi-fi :(

I can! FC is in the profile :)

You can just run from the battle the first time, then you just save and restart the fight (the legendary will still be there) without the cutscene.

Wichu

Had a moment yesterday where I was breeding a Pokémon for a team to destroy a friend (his goal is to defeat me, considering who I am), won't mention the Pokémon in case he comes here.

Anyway, I was trying to get it with its Hidden Ability. I actually hatched a perfect IV'd one, but without the ability. I was so sad and annoyed. I put it on Wonder Trade though, since I'm a nice chap. I got a Beedrill for it.

What IVs are your parents? If you have good ones it shouldn't take much longer (also if the perfect one was a male, you should've replaced the father).

EDIT: Speaking of Xerneas, what happens if you reach that point in-game and have filled your party/PC boxes? In Black/White, Reshiram/Zekrom went to Dragonspiral Tower if you couldn't catch it during the story.

MicH

If anyone wants to train up a Porygon, I have a few perfects already (four or five, I can't remember)

31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Trace (I believe one has Download) Porygon

Let me know if you want one, I'll probably get more as time goes on.

JoeM86

What IVs are your parents? If you have good ones it shouldn't take much longer (also if the perfect one was a male, you should've replaced the father).

EDIT: Speaking of Xerneas, what happens if you reach that point in-game and have filled your party/PC boxes? In Black/White, Reshiram/Zekrom went to Dragonspiral Tower if you couldn't catch it during the story.

I have a 29/31/31/31/31/31 Japanese Ditto with the Destiny Knot sitting in day care :)

As for Xerneas, that's a good question. Will check into it

one_kill

I have a 29/31/31/31/31/31 Japanese Ditto with the Destiny Knot sitting in day care :)

As for Xerneas, that's a good question. Will check into it
Wow, I read from one of your posts you own a pretty well known site. I just checked your profile now and... I didn't think it was that well known site :O

One_kill, if you have those megas for trade-cloning, I'll be on/around for most of today.
I think you've got the wrong person Met. I was just hoping you could trade me a spare X mega stone.
Nice to see you feeling better :D

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Sorry to those looking for megas, I was real sick yesterday. Feeling a bit better now, thankfully.

3153-3730-9713. IGN is Met.

One_kill, if you have those megas for trade-cloning, I'll be on/around for most of today.

Ah that's okay. Added, I should be on whenever today.

IGN is
Ash

i have shiny latios , normal latias , and shiny mew , and all the legendries from XY

i am searching for Groudon , kyogre , Rayquaza , darkrai ,Deoxys , Cresselia , Arceus ,Giratina

will, almost every legendary

If you can wait a few hours (after 7PM EST), I'd love to have that shiny Mew lol. I'll lend you my Black Rayquaza.

DaBoss

Any one want to battle me real quick so I can check my IVs?

@DaBoss: Thanks. I've got a present for you later. :p
Oh lol, i didn't even read the post. I was just watching AGDQ and reading the AGDQ thread. I accepted it cause I thought you were looking for a battle, but glad I could be of help. I'm just leaving the game in idle, so you can send more requests if you need to.

Top Bottom