• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Muku

i live in Saudi arabia, many things don't come to us
i got surprised that many stores have a lot of that bundle

the funny thing is, the Black 3DS XL just came in after 2 month of beaning released in the US

Oh wow, you guys ended up getting US copies of Pikachu XL there? Also, the time on that Black arriving is pretty quick!

Longer I'm here, more irritated I get at the region lock stuff. :/ It was nice when things weren't locked so I could buy stuff here without any crazy shipping or whatever on a system.

I just got x/y, first pokemon game since blue and red.

I hope its good

Might depend on what you hope to get from it. I find story felt a bit short, and little post-game stuff. However, if you like breeding and trading and all, you'll be fine. I didn't even like breeding up until this generation but now it's so addicting. Trying to work on getting egg moves, IVs, etc.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Okay, I'll get on too. I have to head out in a bit though, so if you don't see me online I'm probably gone. :<

Thanks, I should be able to get them back to you by tomorrow.

If that Mew eventually gets passed around, I can help with the cloning if need be.

Usobuko

Banned
L.O.R.D, are you okay with me passing around the mew for cloners so they can give to people who want them in PokeGAF?

Btw, it's shiny mew with 6IVs. I will attach a leftover since everyone who wants it can have another lefties. Pick Up ability pokemon sucks, I know because I have one :)

Quest1

L.O.R.D, are you okay with me passing around the mew for cloners so they can give to people who want them in PokeGAF?

Btw, it's shiny mew with 6IVs. I will attach a leftover since everyone who wants it can have another lefties. Pick Up ability pokemon sucks, I know because I have one :)

First in line if he says it's cool? Haha

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
you could use Charizard decal on the black 3DS XL

il_340x270.511818756_kqdy.jpg

il_570xN.515269023_6a3w.jpg

Those look good

one_kill

Does anyone know how to counter Mega Blaziken?

In theory, my team so far is useless against it

Edit: Does anyone have a Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy and would consider getting them cloned for other event Pokemon?

CrimsonN0

Does anyone know how to counter Mega Blaziken?

In theory, my team so far is useless against it

Edit: Does anyone have a Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy and would consider getting them cloned for other event Pokemon?

You could Toxic stall it with Shuckle, Gliscor, etc. unless its has Stone Edge.
Aqua Jet from Azumarill or Crawdaunt usually finish it too.

I would love to trade someone for a Mew or one of those perfect Japanese Ditto. I don't have too much, but I can offer a Phantump, Sableye, Shellder or various other breeding rejects. I can also try to whip something up if I don't have what you need.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Talonflame. He alone counters every fighting type in the game.
Talonflame seems more like a check to me; it wouldn't appreciate any STAB move coming it's way. Flash Fire Chandelure seems more of a counter, but you have to expect it not having EQ; not sure how common that move is on one.

Usobuko

Banned
I would love to trade someone for a Mew or one of those perfect Japanese Ditto. I don't have too much, but I can offer a Phantump, Sableye, Shellder or various other breeding rejects. I can also try to whip something up if I don't have what you need.

There are quite a few ditto distributor out there, you will most likely get it. I still owe you a favour for your perfect Sableye with Recover ( that was like 1.5 month ago ) so if the mew cloning goes through and you have yet to receive it, then I will try to clone it myself.

I borrowed another 3DS with Pokemon X from my nephew.

Quest1

Talonflame seems more like a check to me; it wouldn't appreciate any STAB move coming it's way. Flash Fire Chandelure seems more of a counter, but you have to expect it not having EQ; not sure how common that move is on one.

True. Flash chandelure can switch in safely on both of it's most common moves, hjk and flareb, and hit with shadow balls

LaNaranja

Damn Crimson that Trick Room team is fantastic. Have you ever lost with it? If so do you have the code for that fight and can I see it? I am having trouble seeing the counter for that team.

CrimsonN0

Damn Crimson that Trick Room team is fantastic. Have you ever lost with it? If so do you have the code for that fight and can I see it? I am having trouble seeing the counter for that team.

Eh, I think I have lost pretty badly against someone with it, but I don't really remember who and didn't save it.
I've kept Porygon2, Marowak, Machamp, and Slowbro on it, but I've been switching out the last two to test things out.

The main thing is killing the Trick Room setters fast.

EDIT:Hmm, I've actually only saved one video of a Trick Room fight at all.

5RTW-WWWW-WWW4-H4M2

I won this one, but it was pretty close.

Sigmaah

Shiny perfect iv Cyndaquil with egg moves, perfect shiny hp ice lightning rod Elecktrike and perfect IV shiny Skarmory with egg moves acquired! Wanted these mons for some time now! Blue elecktrike is so dope.

There are quite a few ditto distributor out there, you will most likely get it. I still owe you a favour for your perfect Sableye with Recover ( that was like 1.5 month ago ) so if the mew cloning goes through and you have yet to receive it, then I will try to clone it myself.

I borrowed another 3DS with Pokemon X from my nephew.
You don't owe me anything for that Sableye, lol. Thanks for the offer. =3

quabba

Does anyone have a ha (own tempo) espurr? I tried gets but no luck there. Ill try and get whatever youd like in return, I've got a few different 4/5 iv breeding leftovers

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, I think I have lost pretty badly against someone with it, but I don't really remember who and didn't save it.
I've kept Porygon2, Marowak, Machamp, and Slowbro on it, but I've been switching out the last two to test things out.

The main thing is killing the Trick Room setters fast.

EDIT:Hmm, I've actually only saved one video of a Trick Room fight at all.

5RTW-WWWW-WWW4-H4M2

I won this one, but it was pretty close.

I remember beating you once very early on when you were using Kekleon, but that was on a rematch. You smoked me the first time.

Astral

So I've finally decided to try IV breeding, but I need some Dittos. Is anyone with a Ditto safari willing to friend me? 3711-8074-0709.

one_kill

Today I got Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit from the GTS. That takes my dex count to 714. The four I need are Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Porygon-Z. I'll try to get Porygon-Z, but I can wait for the bank to get the rest.

I can't believe I was able to get as many Pokemon as I did without bank.

Edit: Thanks to the people giving me advice regarding Mega Blaziken

Sigmaah

Gonna just get a couple more perfect shiny mons and I think I'll be done (for now). Gotta clone all these babies for backup then training time!

Muku

Ugh, I just lost two Mewtwo on the GTS to people who lied about their Ditto's stats. :/

I stopped trusting folks to read (most don't, and then you have issues of folks not being able to read whatever language you've written in) my notes at all. Only notes I add are what Pokemon is if it's a nice one. I'm still not even sure why the GTS is so horribly limited anyway. Should be able to ask for specific pattern Vivillon or state that you want a 5IV one in exchange for your 5IV (not trusting what folks marked but the game actually checking the Pokemon).

The trading on this version is so horrible that I've stopped GTSing and trying to trade with randoms. (Exception is WT, but I give away nice things and get garbage I end up releasing anyway, LOL.) It's too much of a pain in the rear. No way I'd ever trust a legendary up there. Folks will swindle you so fast. Sorry to hear about your losing out in it though. It really sucks.

I thought I'd at least finally gotten lucky on WT earlier. I was giving away some stuff to clear boxes and got a 6 IV marked Minun. Of course it was too good to be true. In reality, guy told me it was only perfect in HP. Ugh. :( Not sure if marking them allows you to somehow game the system in some way, or if folks really don't know what those mean.

FSLink

Banned
Just trade with people you trust, GTS is really only good for Pokedex completion, the occasional shiny that's up on it, and getting Pokemon for breeding purposes quick.

Muku

Just trade with people you trust, GTS is really only good for Pokedex completion, the occasional shiny that's up on it, and getting Pokemon for breeding purposes quick.

That's why I only go with PokeGAF now. Unfortunately, I don't really have any friends that are into it as I am.
A lot of us are probably in that same boat though.
Though, I would like to casually just get all Vivillon, but don't think that's possible.

I'm looking to breed and train a Mega Pinsir. Does anyone have any advice on builds? I'm thinking of going for Jolly with Return, Quick Attack, Earthquake, and Sword Dance. Has anyone played with one? How does it do?

one_kill

Thanks for the suggestion guys

I'm going to start breeding Vullaby and Feebas since they cover some of the weaknesses of my team

I'm not sure about Chansey and Blissey just yet

Top Bottom