• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

CrimsonN0

Aside from Porygon2 and Mega Venusaur, are there any more tanks or stallers?

Dusclops w/Eviolite or Dusknoir.

I've fought a Furfrou once too that was pretty tanky. Its defense is technically low, but its ability halves physical moves on it. Its fast with Cotton Guard(raises defense 3 stages) too.

Gliscor, Togekiss and Sableye (collectively known as The Crystal Gems) are my Stall Masters. Togekiss is an awesome Special wall that can paraflinch any non-Electric type to death with ease, Gliscor completely and totally walls everything that it outspeeds with its Substitute + Protect + Poison Heal shenanigans, while wearing down the enemy's health with Toxic and Earthquake. Sableye cripples every common physical attacker not named Blaziken with its priority Will-O-Wisp before stalling them out with Recover and Foul Play. Its immunity to three types and single weakness help it out as well.

NEO0MJ

Mega Gyarados is really bulky, especially if it had the ability intimidate as regular Gyrados. While its defense is somewhat low for a tank Slowbro's ability regenerator and access to the healing move slack off give it a long life. The new legendary pokemon Zygarde has great defensive stats and the rare move coil. Tyranitar also fits this role well, especially with an Assault Vest.

Korosenai

I'm looking to breed and train a Mega Pinsir. Does anyone have any advice on builds? I'm thinking of going for Jolly with Return, Quick Attack, Earthquake, and Sword Dance. Has anyone played with one? How does it do?

Like B-Dubs said, that's the standard build. Jolly, 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp, and those same moves. Swords dance when you know you can pull it off, and prepare to do some amazing damage with return.

Sorry, Crimson. Didn't realize I brought such an annoying team. Those battles would have gone a lot faster if I didn't fuck Pinsir over both times LOL.

Tropius coming through in the end. You should definitely teach Slowbro Slack Off. Then it will be truly unkillable.

Quest1

That's why I only go with PokeGAF now. Unfortunately, I don't really have any friends that are into it as I am.
A lot of us are probably in that same boat though.
Though, I would like to casually just get all Vivillon, but don't think that's possible.

PokeGAF is the best kind of GAF. I wouldn't be having nearly as much fun with this game without your guys' help and comments and the like.

On a random note, I was testing one of my teams on simulator and adamant scarf Tyrantrum with 252speed outspeeds Talonflames (the tyrant cares not for brave birds and who runs scarf Talonflame?) so it's definitely a lot better than I thought and acts as a check to one of the biggest threats in the game.

PokeGAF is the best kind of GAF. I wouldn't be having nearly as much fun with this game without your guys' help and comments and the like.

On a random note, I was testing one of my teams on simulator and adamant scarf Tyrantrum with 252speed outspeeds Talonflames (the tyrant cares not for brave birds and who runs scarf Talonflame?) so it's definitely a lot better than I thought and acts as a check to one of the biggest threats in the game.

Scarfed Head Smash sounds like a lot of fun. I might make that my next breeding project.

Edit: oh, we can't get the Rock Head ability yet? I'll wait then.

CrimsonN0

Sorry, Crimson. Didn't realize I brought such an annoying team. Those battles would have gone a lot faster if I didn't fuck Pinsir over both times LOL.

Tropius coming through in the end. You should definitely teach Slowbro Slack Off. Then it will be truly unkillable.

Yeah, my Slowbro used to have Slack Off, but I never really used it so I put on Fire Blast instead and being poisoned and seeded, it'd just have dragged things out.
I'm pretty horrible against any kind of stall.
With you're Tropius having Leech Seed, Roost, and a Harvest Sitrus Berry, the only hope I had were possible crits on Fire Blast.

Yeah, my Slowbro used to have Slack Off, but I never really used it so I put on Fire Blast instead and being poisoned and seeded, it'd just have dragged things out.
I'm pretty horrible against any kind of stall.
With you're Tropius having Leech Seed, Roost, and a Harvest Sitrus Berry, the only hope I had were possible crits on Fire Blast.

Don't forget Protect, lol. That set is definitely not fun to deal with. GGs though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ugh, seems like a very bad oversight considering 6v6 is what's used in SP and what they push on the show (Unless that changed).

3v3 feels like i'm hamstringing myself every time.

Even beyond that, the official tournaments are all doubles.

LaNaranja

What is the recommended build for Mega Alakazam? The speed and special attack on it are ridiculous but I don't really know what attacks to give it. I am using Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, and Dazzling Gleam. I was going to add Recover and Future Sight but I can't think of any situations in which it would be useful.

Sigmaah

Best set and evs for Mandibuzz? Just got me a 5v shiny Vullaby with foul play and knock off and I wanna use it so bad haha.

What ability as well? Overcoat or big pecks? It has overcoat atm but I can change that if big pecks is better

LaNaranja

Has anyone used Mega Blastoise? How did you spend the EVs? Should I even bother spending anything on speed? I was thinking 252 in special attack, and the rest split between defense and special defense.

spiritfox

Best set and evs for Mandibuzz? Just got me a 5v shiny Vullaby with foul play and knock off and I wanna use it so bad haha.

What ability as well? Overcoat or big pecks? It has overcoat atm but I can change that if big pecks is better

What nature is it? If it has a attack hindering nature Foul Play is better. On the other hand, Knock Off can mess up walls and Choice users. Overcoat is superior to Big Pecks since it blocks powder moves now.

You want to build bulky for her, since she's basically a wall.

Sigmaah

What nature is it? If it has a attack hindering nature Foul Play is better. On the other hand, Knock Off can mess up walls and Choice users. Overcoat is superior to Big Pecks since it blocks powder moves now.

You want to build bulky for her, since she's basically a wall.

Bold Nature. Any EV spread recommendation? full hp/def or hp and def/sp.d?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What is the recommended build for Mega Alakazam? The speed and special attack on it are ridiculous but I don't really know what attacks to give it. I am using Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, and Dazzling Gleam. I was going to add Recover and Future Sight but I can't think of any situations in which it would be useful.

Recover is useless, he's not bulky enough to make use of it. Future Sight would hit hard, but unless you've given up trying to keep him alive (or are going to swap him out), it's not that useful. Just go for as much coverage as you can.

Oh! Swap Psychic with Psyshock (it does physical damage but calculates damage based on your SpAtk), so you don't get walled by Blissey or any other special walls.

L.O.R.D

L.O.R.D, are you okay with me passing around the mew for cloners so they can give to people who want them in PokeGAF?

Btw, it's shiny mew with 6IVs. I will attach a leftover since everyone who wants it can have another lefties. Pick Up ability pokemon sucks, I know because I have one :)

yah, its okey
i myself , conning that mew as much as i can
3 days from now, it will infected the GTS
after a week, we will see someone put mew and asking for magikarp or bidoof

L.O.R.D

O1gj6Ra.png

Thank you, Metroidvania! That ditto is going to do wonders for me and my friends. :) I can't wait to start breeding the perfect pokemon. Sorry, about taking a bit to trade. I was caught off guard and couldn't think of what to trade, so I chose my Shiny Spoink. XP

LaNaranja

can someone give me the map for the EV spread for horde battles ?

This person on GameFAQs made one that is a bit more detailed then the nugget one.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67807646

Recover is useless, he's not bulky enough to make use of it. Future Sight would hit hard, but unless you've given up trying to keep him alive (or are going to swap him out), it's not that useful. Just go for as much coverage as you can.

Oh! Swap Psychic with Psyshock (it does physical damage but calculates damage based on your SpAtk), so you don't get walled by Blissey or any other special walls.

Thanks for the tips!

Usobuko

Banned
I have 30 EVs trained non-legendary Pokemons and is in the process of featuring everyone of them in battlespot without reusing any of them. I reserved 10 video spots specifically for them since I kinda feel sorry for some of these pokemons, like vaporean, not making as much appearance as the others. It is only at the last 10 pokemons hurdle that I find it kinda hard to pull a win because a few counters for common threats have already been used and featured.

I just played 3 matches, lost the first one, second one DC on me after I won a hard battle. I got DC on the third one after I OHKO his Landorus-T. Therefore, I made no progress today.

yah, its okey
i myself , conning that mew as much as i can
3 days from now, it will infected the GTS
after a week, we will see someone put mew and asking for magikarp or bidoof

You hear the man, guys. If you are a cloner, pm me or L.O.R.D. As far as I know, only Metroidvania, onslack, Quest11 are the available cloners in PokeGAF.

Usobuko

Banned
Mandibuzz is really good, I don't have one but I face it pretty often. I think it beats most of the Aegislash sets unless they run the incredibly rare Head Smash. It learns defog, knock off too.

Soodanim

I've maxed out style in Lumiose (10k stone price, bought a ton of premier balls one by one and worked at the hotel for about 10 days straight). I've even just spent 560k on the expensive clothes (musical notes flew out of me), but I still can't get into the boss area of Lost Hotel for that last skate trick. Help me, GAF.

spiritfox

HEXW-WWWW-WWW4-HJD7

Down to me with a half health Haxorus vs a Gale Wings Talonflame. The next Brave Bird from him would have given him the win. But he used Roost. So I won.

I'm sorry random Japanese guy.

I've maxed out style in Lumiose (10k stone price, bought a ton of premier balls one by one and worked at the hotel for about 10 days straight). I've even just spent 560k on the expensive clothes (musical notes flew out of me), but I still can't get into the boss area of Lost Hotel for that last skate trick. Help me, GAF.

You need to get the 4 skate tricks in Lumiose first. See here.

Soodanim

You need to get the 4 skate tricks in Lumiose first. See here.
I've been through that very same list multiple times, but I think what must have happened is that I assumed the 360 jump one was the floor 360 and skipped it. Got the trick, did it once, and I'll probably never do it again. Got the TM though. Thanks.

Top Bottom