• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

About 300 eggs later I get my second shiny:

Inkay - Female - Adamant - Contrary - 31/31/31/x/26-27/31
I'd say I'm done.

I didn't save any non-shinies but I could breed some adamant 5IV Inkay in no time at all if anyone is interested.

NEO0MJ

Crawdaunt is very frail so I went 252 ATK and Speed for mine

Either that or invest fully in HP instead of speed. This thing is meant to break walls and Crawdaunt is pretty slow so it might appreciate getting some extra health, though at max speed EVs it can outspeed and potentially KO Rotom-W.

LaNaranja

HEXW-WWWW-WWW4-HJD7

Down to me with a half health Haxorus vs a Gale Wings Talonflame. The next Brave Bird from him would have given him the win. But he used Roost. So I won.

I'm sorry random Japanese guy.

Watching that battle made me want to try out 3v3. But then when I tried to do a rating battle it wouldn't let me because of the global link thing. I had restarted my game a while ago and never reset my info and now I have to wait until tuesday to have it reset. :(

Beating legendaries in free battle in the meantime is also fun though.

9E8G-WWWW-WWW4-HZ8M

Pikachu alone took out Yveltal and almost killed Zygrade.

PK Gaming

Best set and evs for Mandibuzz? Just got me a 5v shiny Vullaby with foul play and knock off and I wanna use it so bad haha.

What ability as well? Overcoat or big pecks? It has overcoat atm but I can change that if big pecks is better
Moveset wise, Foul Play and Roost are non negotiable. If you're playing in the 6v6 format, then you should probably consider using Defog, since it lets you control and eliminate hazards on your own terms. Taunt is useful for shutting down slower defensive Pokemon like Blissey or Ferrothorn while Toxic can cripple certain defensive Pokemon that are tough to take down (Gastrodon, Hippowdon, etc). Whirlwind's also an option, and its useful for stopping Pokemon from setting up on Mandibuzz.

Overcoat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(x6.02^23)>>>> Big Pecks
Ugh, seems like a very bad oversight considering 6v6 is what's used in SP and what they push on the show (Unless that changed).

3v3 feels like i'm hamstringing myself every time.
6v6 matches take far too long to complete on cartridge (especially if you're playing against stall) and the game isn't balanced around 6v6.

Mumups

OK, I don't know what's going on here but...

I'm breeding a Porygon with a 3IV ditto. Take it to the IV checker and it has 5IVs but has Attack rather than defense.

So I went to get myself a ditto friend safari from reddit, catch another 3IV ditto that has defense IV and then I go to breed it with my 5IV porygon.

Now I go to check how they're doing and they don't get on with each other? What? I try another ditto. Same thing. Switch to a different porygon. Still not getting on. What's happening here? Why isn't it working anymore? I don't want a lonely natured Porygon with the wrong IVs!

DaBoss

I'm breeding a Porygon with a 3IV ditto. Take it to the IV checker and it has 5IVs but has Attack rather than defense.

So I went to get myself a ditto friend safari from reddit, catch another 3IV ditto that has defense IV and then I go to breed it with my 5IV porygon.

Now I go to check how they're doing and they don't get on with each other? What? I try another ditto. Same thing. Switch to a different porygon. Still not getting on. What's happening here? Why isn't it working anymore? I don't want a lonely natured Porygon with the wrong IVs!
"The two don't seem to like each other." Does not mean that they won't make eggs. If it says the two prefer to play with other Pokemon, then it will NOT make eggs.

If the Porygon and Ditto share the same Original Trainer, the eggs will come but a lot slower.

MicH

I have the following Porygon up for grabs:

4x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Quiet Trace Porygon
2x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Quiet Download Porygon

5x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Trace Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)
2x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Download Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)

Let me know if any of you want any of these

Also, does anyone have a female Togepi in a luxury ball?

4x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Trace Porygon
2x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Download Porygon

5x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Trace Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)
2x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Download Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)

I'll take a Porygon, although I don't have much to give.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Does anyone have a 3IV Adamant HA Swinub /Piloswine they don't need?

I can offer 4IV Modest Torrent Piplups (male only), Timid Cyndaquils (male only), a Hardy Zygarde, a Jolly Yveltal, 4IV Jolly Gibles with Iron Head, Sand Tomb and Outrage (Rough Skin or Sand Veil), 4IV Adamant Arons with Iron Head, Head Smash, Stealth Rock and Superpower (Rock Head or Sturdy), 3IV male Togepis (Hustle or Serene Grace), and 4IV male Froakies (Torrent or Protean)

FC: 0920-1010-8506 IGN: Daedalos42

Ultimadrago

4x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Trace Porygon
2x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Download Porygon

5x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Trace Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)
2x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Download Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)

I'll take a perfect (with speed) Trace Porygon please! I have to leave real quick, but I'll be back soon.

DaBoss

Lead with fainted Compound Eyes Pokemon. And have the second Pokemon in the party have the ability Frisk and know the move Thief.

You could also get hordes of Rogenrola to increase your chances of getting a Rogenrola to hold an Everstone.

Though I have the worst luck ever and manage to choose the one Rogenrola holding the Hard Stone while the other Rogenrola have Everstones lol.

Is it possible to get a Smeargle to learn Dark Void in Gen VI?

What are your favourite Pokemon in the Amie? I just maxed affection on Gardevoir and was disappointed that all she did was bow.

I never get tired of maxing affection on Eevee though.

Sigmaah

Moveset wise, Foul Play and Roost are non negotiable. If you're playing in the 6v6 format, then you should probably consider using Defog, since it lets you control and eliminate hazards on your own terms. Taunt is useful for shutting down slower defensive Pokemon like Blissey or Ferrothorn while Toxic can cripple certain defensive Pokemon that are tough to take down (Gastrodon, Hippowdon, etc). Whirlwind's also an option, and its useful for stopping Pokemon from setting up on Mandibuzz.

Overcoat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(x6.02^23)>>>> Big Pecks

Cool, thanks for this! I'll make a couple clones of the Vullaby and run different mandibuzz sets for different opponents.

Also, got me a HP grass/heat wave Zapdos! can't wait to use that!

Minion101

Banned
I haven't played since the very first pokemon (red and blue). Really liking this 3D version. Though I'm about to restart the game and throw away 5 hours of play time just to pick a different starter pokemon.

Top Bottom