• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Korosenai

Osubuko, I have your Darkrai and Mew whenever you feel like getting them again

I used this guide. It's pretty easy once you've tried a few times, but the timing is not easy at all. Took me quite a few times to clone these (four clones in all). But I am slowly getting better

If people need help cloning, I'm available.

If it helps, I use This one. When I match the timing up with the screen, I get the clone around half the time.
Thanks, i'll check em both out.

Gvaz

Banned
I like that cloning is okay and fine, but just as someone gives themselves like five mewtwos then all bets are off.

Sigmaah

Here's my cloning guide. It's a lot faster than the Jay video one since you're not waiting for the black screen to pop up.

Do whatever the guy said in the video about what ds to trade/turn off. Now once you trade and once the communicating screen pops up, count to 4 mississIP.

So like this, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi, 4 mississIP turn off. Then immeadietly start counting again and turn off the next ds at 4 mississIP. Don't finish the 4th Mississippi, stop it at mississIP. Count at a normal pace, not too fast and not too slow. Once you mess around with the counting timing, you'll find a pace which works best for you and gets you good results.

You won't always get a clone, sometimes it'll take more then 5 tries to get one. But that happens with any method so don't get discouraged because of it. But this method is quicker than the black screen one and has been pretty good to me.

If you have questions, ask away!

Another good point is, sometimes one communicating screen comes before the other. Start your count whenever you see the communicating screen come. Doesn't matter what ds it comes on. Just start counting whenever you see the blue screen pop up.

I use 2 3dsXL's btw. So this method is for 2 3dsXL's. Ppl claim that the regular 3ds has different timing.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, I've been trying to breed a perfect Rotom for hours now. Usually breeding only takes me a few runs to get, but I've done at least 10 now. :/ Can't wait for PokéBank to come out so I can transfer boxes full of perfect Ditto.

Here's my cloning guide. It's a lot faster than the Jay video one since you're not waiting for the black screen to pop up.

Do whatever the guy said in the video about what ds to trade/turn off. Now once you trade and once the communicating screen pops up, count to 4 mississIP.

So like this, 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi, 4 mississIP turn off. Then immeadietly start counting again and turn off the next ds at 4 mississIP. Don't finish the 4th Mississippi, stop it at mississIP. Count at a normal pace, not too fast and not too slow. Once you mess around with the counting timing, you'll find a pace which works best for you and gets you good results.

You won't always get a clone, sometimes it'll take more then 5 tries to get one. But that happens with any method so don't get discouraged because of it. But this method is quicker than the black screen one and has been pretty good to me.

If you have questions, ask away!

Another good point is, sometimes one communicating screen comes before the other. Start your count whenever you see the communicating screen come. Doesn't matter what ds it comes on. Just start counting whenever you see the blue screen pop up.

I use 2 3dsXL's btw. So this method is for 2 3dsXL's. Ppl claim that the regular 3ds has different timing.
Doesn't this all depend on how fast you count? You probably don't count at the exact same speed I do.

Sigmaah

Doesn't this all depend on how fast you count? You probably don't count at the exact same speed I do.

I said exactly what to do about the counting speed in the post lol. Start by counting at a normal pace, just regularly say 1 Mississippi. don't zip the words and don't say them like a sloth. Once you do this and get a clone, you've found your pace to go by.

And like I said even if you go by your normal pace that's been working well. You sometimes still won't get a clone. It's based on luck too.

Last night I was cloning a Skarmory and elecktrike for myself and someone and my regular pace wasn't working at the start. It would trade the pokemon over and over again and of course I got annoyed but it is what it is. What did I do though? Stuck at it and eventually the clones came. Cloning is more of luck than skill. You gotta have a sense of the timing but that's it. It can work 5 times in a row and then the next 10 could be duds. Thats cloning for ya!

ugoo18

FINALLY hatched it

6IV Adamant Shiny Scyther.

1509189_805274356164686_99000564_n.jpg

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone has a spare Latias ( as in the one for cloning in PokeGAF ), I kinda need one too after trading for darkrai.

Osubuko, I have your Darkrai and Mew whenever you feel like getting them again

Possible to trade tomorrow? I need to rest today. Thanks. Alternatively, you could send it to Metroidvania too and I will get it from him instead.

Zaventem

How are you guys getting those legendary mew and darkrai?

People who had access to bank + cloning = a bunch of people have it now.

Just got swept by a lone mega lucario. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-77205556

Good to see the mistakes you made though... still it feels terrible lol. I should have let zapdos die and use suckerpunch with mega mawlie but i didn't know if i was being baited into swords dance. Actually thought it was all downhill for there so didn't even bother using play rough just went with aqua for the hell of it.

Spinluck

VDXW-WWWW-WWW4-YC2X

lol

go team noob - can't wait until it's finished

what do we do with this codes?

is it to watch battles? cause i wanna see.

edit: also, is anyone willing to clone that shiny perfect mew for me?

im willing to trade my life.

macklelol

what do we do with this codes?

is it to watch battles? cause i wanna see.

edit: also, is anyone willing to clone that shiny perfect mew for me?

im willing to trade my life.

You put the codes in the Vs Recorder while you're online to watch other people's battle videos.

And I would also like to join the Mew train.

PK Gaming

Mega Charizard X is disgusting

The worst is when it switches into battle and you have next to no idea if its going to be X or Y.

Schrodinger's Charizard
Yeah, to deal with other Fire types.

Nice against Flying types too. Would help in a situation against Gyarados, Salamence, etc.
Fair enough. It's honestly not something worth fussing about imo. Partners can take care of Fire-types, and if you have sun support you can just use Fire Blast. (Sun boosted Fire Blast is stronger than Super Effective HP Rock).

Muku

Okay guys. Just left the Pokemon Center here and I can confirm a Us 3DS and US copy of the game works. All you do is mystery gift then local wireless and Inkay is yours.

Anyone interested in the Happy Hour Inkay? If so would be willing to let a cloner have at it.

LaNaranja

I used this guide. It's pretty easy once you've tried a few times, but the timing is not easy at all. Took me quite a few times to clone these (four clones in all). But I am slowly getting better

Tried this out with my brothers 3DS and my 2DS and no luck. I got the black screen a few times but it never worked.

If it helps, I use This one. When I match the timing up with the screen, I get the clone around half the time.

This one on the other hand, has been working for me.

I was able to clone one perfect Togepi (my first test), all of our shines, and one 6IV Ditto. After that I just had a string of no luck :(

I'll try again some more tomorrow, thanks for pointing me to the link.

Zaventem

All these tutorials make it look easy, sometimes i get it in no time some times it takes up to 30 mins. Edit also i use the gloning type mich links but i don't wait for exactly 4.5, i stop the timer at 4.4

Macka

I know this isn't the trade thread, but I don't think that thread is very active anymore. I have the following available to trade. PM me if you're interested.

TRADE LIST

004.png
luxuryball.png

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
IV's: 31/31/31/xx/31/31.
Egg Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Outrage

007.png
netball.png

Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent
IV's: 31/xx/31/31/31/31.
Egg Moves: Aqua Jet, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse

092.png
duskball.png

Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Egg Moves: Disable

133.png
diveball.png

Nature: Bold
Ability: Adaptability/Runaway
Egg Moves: Wish

147.png
premierball.png

Ability: Marvel Scale
Egg Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Extremespeed

228.png
luxuryball.png

Ability: Flash Fire/Early Bird
IV's: 31/xx/31/31/31/31. One flawless 31/31/31/31/31/31 available.
Egg Moves: Beat Up, Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch

246.png
nestball.png

Nature: Adamant/Careful/Sassy
Ability: Guts
IV's: 31/31/31/xx/31/31. One flawless 31/31/31/31/31/31 available.
Egg Moves: Dragon Dance, Pursuit, Stealth Rock

303.png
ultraball.png

Ability: Intimidate/Hyper Cutter
IV's: 31/31/31/xx/31/31. One flawless 31/31/31/31/31/31 available.
Egg Moves: Sucker Punch

656.png
luxuryball.png

Ability: Protean
Egg Moves: Toxic Spikes

661.png
repeatball.png

Ability: Big Pecks/Galewings
Egg Moves: N/A

679.png
luxuryball.png

Nature: Brave/Quiet
Ability: No Guard
IV's: 31/31/31/xx/31/0.
Egg Moves: N/A

714.png
duskball.png

Ability: Frisk/Infiltrator
IV's: 31/xx/31/31/31/31. Several flawless 31/31/31/31/31/31 available.
Egg Moves: Tailwind, Switcheroo

~

SEEKING
- Adamant/Hasty/Jolly Event Torchic in a Cherish Ball. Preferably untrained.
- Charizardite X Stone
- Offers for other 5/6IV Pokemon, but I do have most at this point.

PM me if you're interested.

one_kill

Okay guys. Just left the Pokemon Center here and I can confirm a Us 3DS and US copy of the game works. All you do is mystery gift then local wireless and Inkay is yours.

Anyone interested in the Happy Hour Inkay? If so would be willing to let a cloner have at it.
Please someone
I'd like a copy of Happy Hour Inkay

Awesome! Please please please. I will learn to clone for this. I have the capacity, just been too lazy to try so far.

Muku

Not at home at the moment but on train going back home. Will post when I get in to see if anyone is on to clone then. :)

Top Bottom