• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

Ah, FINALLY got Articuno to stop flying all over the map

Luxury ball Yamask floating around? I neeeed one, guys, please

I finally got around to EV training my shiny ferroseed that I caught in the friend safari. Then I learned that stealth rocks and spikes are bred moves. luckily it has max IVs in attack and defense so I'll be using it as a surprise offense pokemon.

quabba

I have the following Porygon up for grabs:

4x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Quiet Trace Porygon
2x 31/x/31/31/31/31 Quiet Download Porygon

5x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Trace Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)
2x 31/x/31/31/31/0 Quiet Download Porygon (perfect for Trick Room)

Let me know if any of you want any of these

Also, does anyone have a female Togepi in a luxury ball?

I'd like one or even just any ha porygon to start breeding with

Panzon

Think I finally found my team. Im having excellent results in the simulator and now its time to breed these on my actual game so that I can finally be able to battle some of you. Its singles 6 vs 6 though so Im not sure how many of you are into that as apposed to doubles.

Gonna work on a doubles team in the upcomjng weeks. Any tips?

Toparaman

Banned
I'm a casual fan of 1st gen Pokemon, and I'm thinking of getting this. But I have a few questions.

Would I be able to play this game with one hand? Like when I'm eating a meal, for example?

Also can I save at any time?

How are the graphics on the 3DS XL screen? Because they look really jaggy in videos, even compared to other 3DS titles.

How does the music compare to Red/Blue? Because I love the Red/Blue soundtrack.

Finally, is the story paper-thin, or is there actually some motivation for going through the game apart from catching 'em all and becoming a Pokemon Master?

L.O.R.D

I'm a casual fan of 1st gen Pokemon, and I'm thinking of getting this. But I have a few questions.

Would I be able to play this game with one hand? Like when I'm eating a meal, for example?

Also can I save at any time?

How are the graphics on the 3DS XL screen? Because they look really jaggy in videos, even compared to other 3DS titles.

How does the music compare to Red/Blue? Because I love the Red/Blue soundtrack.

Finally, is the story paper-thin, or is there actually some motivation for going through the game apart from catching 'em all and becoming a Pokemon Master?

1- can you hold the 3DS and play in the same time in one hand ? then yes
2-do you mean when you battle , no
but like every pokemon game, you can save every where but not everytime

3- i play it on OG 3DS , then bought the 3DS XL and find it more beautiful , not that much jaggy

4- the OST is not that good tho , i find the good sound track very small compare to other games in the series
the GYM leader OST and super training OST and Legendary pokemon OST is the best in the game

5- the story is bad, but what do you expect from pokemon ?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Yeah they added that fancy one hand mode in the options. You'd need to hold it with your left hand though.

MicH

Guys. Keep or not?

Articuno - #144 (Timid)
HP: 29
Att: 9 - 11
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 17
Speed: 31

I think I'm gonna keep it. Nice low attack, near perfect HP and decent SpD. Articuno does have a buttload of SpD so I think this is alright. Woohoo!

SeZMehK

Guys. Keep or not?

Articuno - #144 (Timid)
HP: 29
Att: 9 - 11
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 17
Speed: 31

I think I'm gonna keep it. Nice low attack, near perfect HP and decent SpD. Articuno does have a buttload of SpD so I think this is alright. Woohoo!

Come online, and I'll give you a female yamask in a lux ball.

Usobuko

Banned
Sorry macklelol, I was waiting for someone to trade with me.

Anyway, I need to see a doctor now so I will just say I use my Latias to trade for the Shiny Darkrai. On the other hand, someone give me a lousy Jiraichi for Mew. Chris has both shiny 6IV Darkrai and Mew now, try to spread around with other cloners.

All I ask is getting Darkrai, Mew back as well as a new Latias. Thanks again.

Muku

I haven't played since the very first pokemon (red and blue). Really liking this 3D version. Though I'm about to restart the game and throw away 5 hours of play time just to pick a different starter pokemon.

D: Don't have to restart for a different starter Pokemon. Sure there are plenty of folks here who would give you another starter (be it this gen or for the gen 1) that would give you the one you want.. or all.

MicH

Osubuko, I have your Darkrai and Mew whenever you feel like getting them again

Mich, what guide do you use for cloning?
I used this guide. It's pretty easy once you've tried a few times, but the timing is not easy at all. Took me quite a few times to clone these (four clones in all). But I am slowly getting better

Steel Baron

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if there is there anyway to get a hidden ability karrablast yet? If anyone has one to trade that would be awesome.

DaBoss

Does anyone know if there is there anyway to get a hidden ability karrablast yet? If anyone has one to trade that would be awesome.
From Dreamworld in Gen 5 and the Hidden Grottos in B2/W2. So you'll have to wait till Bank comes over, or hope someone managed to transfer one and breed it and has some more.

Top Bottom