• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

spiritfox

Assault Vest Torterra, yay or nay? I'm only asking because Life Orb and Choice Band are taken by other party members. It gives him around 120 base SpD but he can't use a recovery move, which sucks since Wood Hammer's recoil is so big.

When Pokemon Bank was announced, I was hoping to transfer all my pokes from Black and/or Black 2, then get my Shiny Charm in no time flat in X, and maybe try a nuzlocke run in Black safe in the knowledge I have all my previous pokes stored. Before it actually shows up here, though, I managed through GTS to get the Shiny Charm in X anyway. Obviously I didn't get to KEEP 'em all, but still it's pretty sad that one can manage to complete the dex (minus event pokemon of course) before transferring is even allowed.

Wichu

Assault Vest Torterra, yay or nay? I'm only asking because Life Orb and Choice Band are taken by other party members. It gives him around 120 base SpD but he can't use a recovery move, which sucks since Wood Hammer's recoil is so big.

How about Leftovers/Sitrus Berry? Yache Berry could be a nasty surprise for things that think they have an easy KO.

jelmerjt

So cheap :p

jCOlHnm.jpg

SsfJXTL.jpg

MicH

Thank you!!

FC - 1993-7010-8341 IGN is Terry

Would you like anything in return?

Just managed to get it all working LOL!
Nah, it's okay. You can send me whatever :p

Just getting a bunch of awesome Pokémon off GameFaqs. Will list them here once I'm done :eek:

JackHerer

Hi PokeGAF. I'm curious about this cloning glitch. The main thing I need to know is if there is any risk of the cloned pokemon being lost forever. I have several shinies and legends I would like to clone including Arceus, Shiny HA Eevee, Shiny Tyrunt, Shiny Charmander, Shiny Deino etc.

But if there's a possibility that they could accidentally be deleted if the timing is incorrect it's not really worth it for me. What are the chances of it going wrong like that?

Muku

Thank you!!

FC - 1993-7010-8341 IGN is Terry

Would you like anything in return?

Just managed to get it all working LOL!

Actually about to head to bed, but I can leave Inkay with you and get her back later whenever that is. On now?

EDIT: Success.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just offered my Mew and Darkrai. Got shiny 6 IV Kyogre, shiny 5 IV Landorus, shiny 6 IV Shaymin and shiny 6 IV Deoxys so far :eek: Cool beans

I'll give you a Cloned Shiny Genesect for a clone of the Kyogre!

Also, if you want to split the cloning load, I can help with the Mews.

Hi PokeGAF. I'm curious about this cloning glitch. The main thing I need to know is if there is any risk of the cloned pokemon being lost forever. I have several shinies and legends I would like to clone including Arceus, Shiny HA Eevee, Shiny Tyrunt, Shiny Charmander, Shiny Deino etc.

But if there's a possibility that they could accidentally be deleted if the timing is incorrect it's not really worth it for me. What are the chances of it going wrong like that?

The only way you can mess up the cloning is by doing both steps wrong.

First off, you'd have to initiate trade (i.e.) host with the Legend/thing you want to clone, instead of hosting with the game copy containing the pokemon you want to lose.

Second, you'd have to then shut off the 3ds that's trading the disposable pokemon first, to revert that game's savestate back to before the trade.

In short, you'd have to not be paying attention at all to screw it up.

Disclaimer: I've never lost anything, but obviously, there's always some risk of something going wrong.

MicH

I'll give you a Cloned Shiny Genesect for a clone of the Kyogre!

Also, if you want to split the cloning load, I can help with the Mews.

First off, you'd have to initiate trade (i.e.) host with the Legend/thing you want to clone, instead of hosting with the game copy containing the pokemon you want to lose.

Second, you'd have to then shut off the 3ds that's trading the disposable pokemon first, to revert that game's savestate back to before the trade.

Disclaimer: I've never lost anything, but obviously, there's always some risk of something going wrong.
Sure, I need to clone it first. I'll clone you a Mew as well. Do you need Darkrai too? Kyogre has a Japanese name btw

JackHerer

This is what I wanted to know. I managed to get a Shiny Deoxys and the Arceus and if I can clone them a few times I can hopefully get many of the other pokemon I want by trading on the GTS. Thanks.

Uh so in Couriway Town Professor Sycamore told me there's a hidden treasure, what is he talking about?
I'd guess he is talking about the prism scale (hold on Feebas when trading for it to evolve into Milotic) which btw does respwan too (once a day but the one time I check on consecutive days it wasn't there so maybe it is after 24 hours...).

Find it near the weaterfalls east of the hotel (use the idowsing machine).

Wichu

The only way it could go wrong is if you turn off the wrong 3DS.

Muku

I'd guess he is talking about the prism scale (hold on Feebas when trading for it to evolve into Milotic) which btw does respwan too (once a day but the one time I check on consecutive days it wasn't there so maybe it is after 24 hours...).

Find it near the weaterfalls east of the hotel (use the idowsing machine).

I always thought he was talking about the letter up on the hill under the covered seat area. But maybe I'm wrong.

Metroidvania

Sure, I need to clone it first. I'll clone you a Mew as well. Do you need Darkrai too?

A Darkrai would be awesome as well. I'd give you a deoxys for it, but you already have one, lol.

Did you get the Latias that was passed around earlier?

onslack

Actually about to head to bed, but I can leave Inkay with you and get her back later whenever that is. On now?

EDIT: Success.

Finally my internet love me again!

I've started trying to clone already, hopefully i'll have a few by the end of this evening

Metroidvania

It has a Japanese name too

The name's all good. A Purple Kyogre is awesome no matter where it's from or what it's name is.

I don't really need anything. You got me the Latias back then :D

Ah. right, lol.

I'll be on for a few hours, then have to head out to class/work for a while. No need to rush, in any event.

MicH

I remember you saying a while back that you had the digital copy of pokemon y. Aren't you worried about losing your save data? :eek:
It would certainly suck, but I haven't heard of anyone losing their save file due to cloning yet. I will definitely be less concerned about it once I can store the mons in PokeBank

Wichu

I love it when people underestimate my team and go easy on me.
I took my as-of-now 4-Pokémon team online, and had an opponent choose only two Pokémon of their (competitive-looking team) against the four of mine.

Braixen traded Fire Blasts against Togekiss's Air Slashes (stealing the King's Rock in the process), and came out on top. Their other Pokémon was Tangrowth, which was easily OHKOed by Fire Blast.

SeZMehK

I love it when people underestimate my team and go easy on me.
I took my as-of-now 4-Pokémon team online, and had an opponent choose only two Pokémon of their (competitive-looking team) against the four of mine.

Braixen traded Fire Blasts against Togekiss's Air Slashes (stealing the King's Rock in the process), and came out on top. Their other Pokémon was Tangrowth, which was easily OHKOed by Fire Blast.

Team n00b ftw.

Here I was thinking it was a special feat to complete the dex, and you guys are all cloning shiny event pokes. I realize now I'm not even on the same level as you all...

I did manage to turn a Phione into a Meloetta with some clever trading, though...you guys haven't mentioned her yet. If one of you cloners can hook me up, maybe you'd like to put her in the mix?

JackHerer

So my cloning was successful. Cloned my Arceus 3 times and several others once. Damn though is it frustrating. I got lucky my first few times but I failed like 5 times before I could clone Deoxys. I imagine it could be very tiresome and tedious to clone a pokemon more than just a couple times. Especially because you have to pay close attention while you're doing it to get the timing right.

Is this the thread to ask about trades? I would love to get a Chimchar with Iron Fist. I have a bunch of Marvel Scale Dratini to offer in return.

onslack

So my cloning was successful. Cloned my Arceus 3 times and several others once. Damn though is it frustrating. I got lucky my first few times but I failed like 5 times before I could clone Deoxys. I imagine it could be very tiresome and tedious to clone a pokemon more than just a couple times. Especially because you have to pay close attention while you're doing it to get the timing right.

Is this the thread to ask about trades? I would love to get a Chimchar with Iron Fist. I have a bunch of Marvel Scale Dratini to offer in return.

I was cloning a second ago, my timing needs improving lol

I'm about to pop out though, but i can breed a chimchar with Iron Fist when i get back if you still need one

JackHerer

I was cloning a second ago, my timing needs improving lol

I'm about to pop out though, but i can breed a chimchar with Iron Fist when i get back if you still need one

That would be awesome, thanks!

Blah, I didn't realize that my Deoxys and Arceus had classic ribbons and can't be traded on GTS. Bummer.

Hi guys I lurk a lot but I don't really have anything to contribute, I'm way behind everybody else :( Just starting to get into breeding, really. If anybody has a spare of the 6iv ditto floating around, I would love to get my hands on one. I don't have much of substance to offer, unfortunately, just a couple 5iv speed boost torchic / 5iv truant durant. (Was trying to cheese my way through the battle maison, didn't really work out that well)

Metroidvania

Here I was thinking it was a special feat to complete the dex, and you guys are all cloning shiny event pokes. I realize now I'm not even on the same level as you all...

I did manage to turn a Phione into a Meloetta with some clever trading, though...you guys haven't mentioned her yet. If one of you cloners can hook me up, maybe you'd like to put her in the mix?

I can't even fathom how you managed a Meloetta, but I'd be more than happy to clone her for you, as I missed her event in B/W.

Do you by chance want/need a Shiny Deoxys?

Blah, I didn't realize that my Deoxys and Arceus had classic ribbons and can't be traded on GTS. Bummer.

Yep, most/(all?) event pokes (at least in GenIV and beyond, don't know about Gen 3) have that ribbon, which is why they can't even be found on the GTS. It's sad times.

At this point, I think the only reason why I would want Pokebank is to transfer N's Pokemon over.

Hidden Power breeding would be so much more easier with them with their 30/30/30/30/30/30 spreads.

I can't even fathom how you managed a Meloetta, but I'd be more than happy to clone her for you, as I missed her event in B/W.

Do you by chance want/need a Shiny Deoxys?

How? I traded a passerby. They threw up a Shiny Sandslash, so I threw up a Phione. They took it.

Then I traded another passerby. I threw up my Sandslash, they threw up the Meloetta. Who am I to say no?

And yes. Yes I do need a Shiny Deoxys. :)

joelseph

If you close the lid while the "do you want to continue battling" message in Battlespot is up you do not get disconnected from the 'internet' when you open the device back up and can go straight back to battling.

I don't think I did anything beyond doubles in Battlespot this weekend. Where is the end game content? =/

Metroidvania

How? I traded a passerby. They threw up a Shiny Sandslash, so I threw up a Phione. They took it.

Then I traded another passerby. I threw up my Sandslash, they threw up the Meloetta. Who am I to say no?

And yes. Yes I do need a Shiny Deoxys. :)

Cool. My FC is 3153-3730-9713, IGN is Met.

If you're available now, PM/post your FC/IGN, and we can go about it. If you're busy, just pm me when you're available.

Top Bottom