• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

This guy...actually uses Rest on an Aegislash. Boy did that end up being something else:
KPBW-WWWW-WWW4-YV4E

Be warned, it goes up to 19 min on the Battle Spot timer, but it should be significantly sped up during the replay.

I don't think I've been more happy in a Pokemon battle than when getting that final Critical Hit on the battle.

Damn, everyone is a cloner now. Lol. I should just go digital and use my cart to clone.
Speak of the devil, managed to snag N's Zorua from the GTS haha

I wish I had this while Hidden Power breeding my Eeveelutions lol. I wonder what else I can HP breed with it.

Edit: Damn. I should search for N's Joltik. That would help me a ton with Volcarona.

I have a Shiny Bidoof and Shiny Basculin willing to trade for some other Shiny's or give to someone to clone if they want (new to this scene, haven't cloned anything myself, looking to get some rare pokes/perfect IVs/etc.).

SeZMehK

Speak of the devil, managed to snag N's Zorua from the GTS haha

I wish I had this while Hidden Power breeding my Eeveelutions lol. I wonder what else I can HP breed with it.

Edit: Damn. I should search for N's Joltik. That would help me a ton with Volcarona.
Heck look for an all 30 ditto. Lol

Korosenai

What are certain good Pokemon (ex: Volcarona) that have egg moves and tutor moves from Gen 5, that you can't breed onto their offspring in Gen 6?

I know two of the top Pokemon I wanted were Volcarona with Giga Drain and Flygon with Fire Punch. I'm just wondering if there are any other notable Pokemon/move combos that are worth going back to Gen 5 and breeding for.

Also, is there an item like the Destiny Knot that I should be putting on any Ditto's in Gen 5? Maybe some power items?

I think i'm going to spend today breeding a good Trapinch in Black 2 for Fire Punch Flygon.

macklelol

What are certain good Pokemon (ex: Volcarona) that have egg moves and tutor moves from Gen 5, that you can't breed onto their offspring in Gen 6?

I know two of the top Pokemon I wanted were Volcarona with Giga Drain and Flygon with Fire Punch. I'm just wondering if there are any other notable Pokemon/move combos that are worth going back to Gen 5 and breeding for.

Also, is there an item like the Destiny Knot that I should be putting on any Ditto's in Gen 5? Maybe some power items?

I think i'm going to spend today breeding a good Trapinch in Black 2 for Fire Punch Flygon.

Maybe stuff like Knock Off Bisharp or Conkeldurr with elemental punches + Knock Off would be good to make.

I really want a Knock Off Bisharp now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

You can't transfer items through the bank.

I really want a Gardevoir with Hyper Voice. It would be legit in Mega forme. I also want it shiny, but I can't see myself breeding for a perfect shiny in pre-XY conditions. DX

backlot

Power item + Everstone is the best you can do for breeding in BW2. Hyper Voice HA Eevee would be another cool tutor move.

Sigmaah

Power item + Everstone is the best you can do for breeding in BW2. Hyper Voice HA Eevee would be another cool tutor move.

Power item and everstone and that's it? My god, that must take forever... I would just get the moves and that's it. Wait till i can transfer and then iv breed.

backlot

Power item and everstone and that's it? My god, that must take forever... I would just get the moves and that's it. Wait till i can transfer and then iv breed.

The issue is that Tutor moves can't be bred. And yeah, breeding was a lot harder before this generation. That's why people RNG'd Pokemon.

Korosenai

Maybe stuff like Knock Off Bisharp or Conkeldurr with elemental punches + Knock Off would be good to make.

I really want a Knock Off Bisharp now.
That reminds me that I should go for a knock off Weavile...

You can't transfer items through the bank.
Yeah I know, I was just wondering if there was an item in Black 2 similar to the Destiny Knot.

I really want a Gardevoir with Hyper Voice. It would be legit in Mega forme. I also want it shiny, but I can't see myself breeding for a perfect shiny in pre-XY conditions. DX
That's actually a good idea! I might go for that after Flygon.

Damn that sucks. Are any iv's guaranteed to pass down from the parents at all?

Korosenai

Just 1IV from whatever power item that the pokemon is wearing.

Gen 6 is the first time i've ever iv bred.... so I might try this out for a day, and depending on my sanity tonight, see if I continue it.

Also Crimson, if you still want to try Anorith for Pineco, I should have some tonight. I bought Xcom on Friday, so Pokemon went on the back burner this weekend and I didn't even play it at all.

CrimsonN0

Gen 6 is the first time i've ever iv bred.... so I might try this out for a day, and depending on my sanity tonight, see if I continue it.

Also Crimson, if you still want to try Anorith for Pineco, I should have some tonight. I bought Xcom on Friday, so Pokemon went on the back burner this weekend and I didn't even play it at all.

Sure, I'll trade later tonight.

But, yeah, IV breeding in Platinum burned me out and made me skip Black/White.

They really need to make Natures an inherent 50% pass down rate (while keeping the current 100% for Everstone) so that power items can be more useful in later stages of breeding in gen 6.

one_kill

I really want in on these cloned shinies, but I don't have much to offer back.
You can get shinies by chain fishing, and then offer what you caught here or to passers-by. That should at least give you something to offer.

You can also try your luck with getting shiny legendaries on the GTS. From experience, you don't need to offer much.

backlot

Be aware that the maximum amount of IVs that can be passed down is 3. Sometimes less. It'll take a lot longer than what you're used to in gen 6.

Korosenai

Be aware that the maximum amount of IVs that can be passed down is 3. Sometimes less. It'll take a lot longer than what you're used to in gen 6.

Thankfully I only intend to do it for a handful of Pokemon.... maybe even just one or two. I also don't think i'm going to go for 5 perfect iv's like I have been in Gen 6. Just the three that the Pokemon needs for their ev's and then i'm gonna stop.

macklelol

Damn, trying to find a Starly horde is a pain. Haven't run into one after 10 horde battles.

Figures right after I post this, I run into one with a Reckless Starly.

Thankfully I only intend to do it for a handful of Pokemon.... maybe even just one or two. I also don't think i'm going to go for 5 perfect iv's like I have been in Gen 6. Just the three that the Pokemon needs for their ev's and then i'm gonna stop.

Got yer Larvesta for you, Nub. I'll send it your way once Bank releases.

Heck look for an all 30 ditto. Lol
If only it were that easy. N didn't have a Ditto unfortuantely lol.

That's how I did things before this gen. Well, I only got into breeding in the last gen.

That's why I'm not really looking to bring my old team over using Pokebank, I could breed better versions of them in this gen lol.

LaNaranja

Can I get in on this legendary sharing? I don't really have anything good to offer that most of you don't already have though :(

Also I have six 6IV Dittos to give out. Anyone who wants one just let me know. I have no idea how many of you are still looking for one.

MicH

Does anyone here have a Celebi, Jirachi, Arceus, Manaphy, Keldeo and/or Meloetta I can borrow for a little while to clone?

I need a female Bulbasaur with Chlorophyll in a Luxury Ball.
I worked so hard for this one, but I'll send one your way

EDIT I don't see you online

GamerSoul

Can I get in on this legendary sharing? I don't really have anything good to offer that most of you don't already have though :(

Also I have six 6IV Dittos to give out. Anyone who wants one just let me know. I have no idea how many of you are still looking for one.

Meeee! I need one. FC is in my profile ign pete

i don't have much to offer though

4iv lilpup with fang moves adamant
3/4iv supersize pumpakaboo impish

I could use one if you don't mind hooking me up. I just got my last gym badge so would be cool to have one when I finish the E4 and start looking into breeding.

Doubt I have anything worthwhile to give in return though, at least until the bank releases and I can transfer over some legendary Pokemon.

FC is 4570-8055-9800

LaNaranja

Meeee! I need one. FC is in my profile ign pete

i don't have much to offer though

I could use one if you don't mind hooking me up. I just got my last gym badge so would be cool to have one when I finish the E4 and start looking into breeding.

Doubt I have anything worthwhile to give in return though, at least until the bank releases and I can transfer over some legendary Pokemon.

FC is 4570-8055-9800

Added you both. IGN is Marco. Friend code is on my profile.

You too deer avatar person.

Top Bottom