• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Neiteio

Mega kangaskhan outsped me a bunch of times surprisingly. But I might re roll mine for adamant too, since priority sucker punch/fake out is it's primary form of offense and I want it to be a doubles pkmn.
Ah, OK. If I'm just playing singles, Jolly should work well, I'd imagine. Might get the jump on most things without resorting to Sucker Punch.

Ultimadrago

Does metagross really need speed iv's? Just got a 31/31/31/31/31/? And it's speed is already low. Just wanna make sure if it needs it or not so I know if I should stop breeding right now lmao.

Speed isn't it's most important stat by many means. If you're comfortable with it at "x", you should be fine though it doesn't hurt it for sure.

Quest1

Speaking of doubles, anyone have any shroomish breeding fodder? I can offer a lot of stuff. I want spore breloom for the cheap stuff.

Sigmaah

Speed isn't it's most important stat by many means. If you're comfortable with it at "x", you should be fine though it doesn't hurt it for sure.

Ya I'm totally fine with it as long as it doesn't hurt it's battling capabilities lol.

Any recommended move sets for metagross?

Gyarados is more of a physical attacker, so using special moves with it is a waste.

Kingdra has less weaknesses, and you mentioned it in your post, so that's why I mentioned it. You can go for whatever you find that covers the types.

Shit yeah didn't think about that. And to think Gyarados used to be practically my signature Pokemon...

Thanks, didn't know if there was some particular reason to have Water over anything else, or what.

ash_ag

Check this out. Concept art of some Kalos Gym Leaders.

Who's everyone's favourite Kalos GL? I'd go with Korrina, Clemont and Valerie. I especially like Valerie's design.
kwZi6w5.jpg

It has occurred to me that she may be the Sylveon Kimono Girl too. She's indeed from Johto and a Sylveon user -- and her Gym has a lot of notes of traditional Japanese fashion, including kimono.

ZenaxPure

Reading this thread made me really interested in trying a prankster sableye, anyone have a spare/leftover one (ivs don't matter) or a friend safari with them? Don't really have anything to trade for it, but, I don't care about anything other than the ability itself to breed with so hopefully it isn't too much trouble.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Who's everyone's favourite Kalos GL?

Personally the Kalos gym Gymleader were a big disappointment as some were so bland and boring. However I did like Korrina, Clemont and his little sister Bonnie, Valerie and Wulfric.

However I did feel that Korrina should have been the Kalos champion rather the one we got.

Personally the Kalos gym Gymleader were a big disappointment as some were so bland and boring. However I did like Korrina, Clemont and his little sister Bonnie, Valerie and Wulfric.

However I did feel that Korrina should have been the Kalos champion rather the one we got.

I feel the same way, though I feel that Kalos has some of the best trainer designs ever.

Item suggestions?
A couple hours late but Focus Sash is a goodie and appears to be a common item on it in the Special format. Do put Quick Attack on it if you go that route, though. You could also rip off Choice Band Azumarill or go the Scarf route since, unlike Azumarill, it actually has enough speed to pull that off.

This is assuming offensive sets, of course. You could probably do some weird bulky support set but that would require some elite EVing skills.

Andrefpvs

I feel the same way, though I feel that Kalos has some of the best trainer designs ever.

You're right about that, and I'm very disappointed that you can only look at full-body portraits for a split second before it closes up on the upper part of the body :/

It has occurred to me that she may be the Sylveon Kimono Girl too. She's indeed from Johto and a Sylveon user -- and her Gym has a lot of notes of traditional Japanese fashion, including kimono.

Hm, never thought about that. Makes sense and would be pretty cool. The game needs to expand on that of course.

I guess favorite gym leaders based on designs cause most of them did pretty much nothing in this game: Valerie, Olympia, Grant, Clemont

Though I was pretty impressed with most of them just wish they did more things in the game.

McNum

"Level 1 Eevee. Tail Whip, Charm, Covet, and Wish."
Success!

"This Pokémon's potential is above average overall."
And yet, so far to go: x/x/x/31/x/x.

So, I got Wish into the Eevee pool, now I need to purify it. Where do I go from here? Female Eevees are hard to get, not to mention ones with great IVs. But that's what I need, right? Not to mention one with and one without Anticipaton.

MicH

Gets perfect Gligar. Has Hyper Cutter. GOD WHY

In other news, I just got a Japanese Brave Marvelscale Dragonite with 2 max IVs off GTS

ohlawd

Throwing 50 Roselia into Wonder Trade with Sleep Power, Spikes, and Leaf Storm as egg moves. Also has Synthesis (but it's both a level up move and an egg move so I'm assuming this will pass down over Roselia's other skills). Has good IVs, too.

Have fun, random people all over the world :3

Speaking of doubles, anyone have any shroomish breeding fodder? I can offer a lot of stuff. I want spore breloom for the cheap stuff.

I can offer a couple of 5 IV Adamant and Jolly Shroomish with Bullet Seed and either Poison Heal or Quick Step (Technician). You have any 4 or 5 IV Kangaskhan/Beldum/Shellder/Carbink/Aron fodder?

I won't be able to trade until around 11 PM EST since I'm at work but I'm addicted to breeding competitive mons now and I'm looking for pretty much anything viable so any decent fodder you have I will consider. That goes for anyone else interested, especially anyone with decent Aron

Just got a 5IV Japanese Gastly off of GTS gonna try to Masuda with the 5 IV Gastly that I got from wonder trade! 8)
Edit: Hope the Shiny doesn't inherit the 31 IVs in Attack from the father...

Neiteio

Has anyone ever see the guy outside the Day Care turn around while onscreen? I swear he only turns once he's offscreen.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So was anyone watching the Penn State VGC?
Fun stuff, but what irked me was that conversation of the burden of not being able to hack Pokemon.

Has anyone ever see the guy outside the Day Care turn around while onscreen? I swear he only turns once he's offscreen.

I'm pretty sure they probably specifically make it that way. Or, perhaps it only checks to see if he needs to turn around when you are a certain distance away, and he gets loaded in to be rendered.

So was anyone watching the Penn State VGC?
Fun stuff, but what irked me was that conversation of the burden of not being able to hack Pokemon.

To be fair, it's mighty tempting to hack me a ditto when Bank comes out, just to have 4IV's and a foreign language to speed up breeding. :x

Who's everyone's favourite Kalos GL? I'd go with Korrina, Clemont and Valerie. I especially like Valerie's design.

Wulfric by far. He's kindhearted and jovial without going over the top like some other Gym Leaders (*coughcoughWatsoncough*), while being aware of his own flaws and weaknesses.

Plus he looks like an elderly version of Kanji from Persona 4, and that's friggin' amazing.

Fury Sense

I watched some of it. Learned some stuff, was cool. Didn't see much Klefki or Carbink, just a bunch of Talonflame, Tyranitar, and Rotom

Check this out. Concept art of some Kalos Gym Leaders.

Not a gym leader, but I'd say Wikstrom is probably my favorite. "Verily!"

elite2.jpg

Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of the gyms in this game. Everyone was very weak.

I can offer a couple of 5 IV Adamant and Jolly Shroomish with Bullet Seed and either Poison Heal or Quick Step (Technician). You have any 4 or 5 IV Kangaskhan/Beldum/Shellder/Carbink/Aron fodder?

I won't be able to trade until around 11 PM EST since I'm at work but I'm addicted to breeding competitive mons now and I'm looking for pretty much anything viable so any decent fodder you have I will consider. That goes for anyone else interested, especially anyone with decent Aron
I have a Careful male Aron (31/x/31/x/31/31) with Sturdy, and a Careful female (31/31/x/x/31/31) also with Sturdy. Both are in Luxury Balls. I'd love to get a male and female Jolly Shroomish with Technician if possible.

I have a Careful male Aron (31/x/31/x/31/31) with Sturdy, and a Careful female (31/31/x/x/31/31) also with Sturdy. Both are in Luxury Balls. I'd love to get a male and female Jolly Shroomish with Technician if possible.
Alright, I'll get back to you once I'm home from work. I don't know how many decently IV'd Jolly ones I have but I can breed up a few more. Actually I might just breed one of my jolly females with my 6 IV adamant male until I get another perfect one if you're down for that.

I have 8 4 IV Marills with Belly Drum and Aqua Jet if anyone is interested. I'll trade for any other 4-5 IV Pokemon

(They are all adamant with 31 IV ATK and the other IVs vary between HP,DEF,SDEF and SPEED, but not all of them have Huge Power)

Top Bottom