• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Huh? Isn't the English version Ancient Fairy Dragon?
Ancient Pixie Dragon is from what I assume the manga where we get alts of the Signer Dragons called Duel Dragons.
Edit: Oh I misunderstood, maybe the name changed here to differentiate it from the Signer version.

The Japanese card pictured is named Ancient Fairy Dragon. Well, it's Fairy Dragon Ancient, but same thing. But it's a seperate card from what was posted before, which is in English, and titled "Ancient Fairy Dragon".

EDIT: Yeah I don't know shit about the 5D's or anything. Last card I got was Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. And that's because Red Eyes is bitchin.

The Japanese card pictured is named Ancient Fairy Dragon. Well, it's Fairy Dragon Ancient, but same thing. But it's a seperate card from what was posted before, which is in English, and titled "Ancient Fairy Dragon".
Yeah this is wierd.
Ancient Fairy Dragon- Enshento Fearī Doragon
Ancient Pixie Dragon- Yōseiryū Enshento
Edit: They're the same thing just said differently.

macklelol

Anyone want a Chansey? Calm with Natural Cure, with the egg moves Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy. Has at least two max IVs in either HP/Def/SpAtk/SpDef, as well.

Send me a PM if you want one, I got a bunch just sitting around.

Also, 5D's is pretty cool, I don't really like Zexal in comparison lol

KiraFA37

To all you breeders out there whose rejects I gracefully accept through wondertrade: Hot Skitty On Wailord Action.

Anyone want a Chansey? Calm with Natural Cure, with the egg moves Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy. Has at least two max IVs in either HP/Def/SpAtk/SpDef, as well.

Send me a PM if you want one, I got a bunch just sitting around.

Also, 5D's is pretty cool, I don't really like Zexal in comparison lol

They took a overly absurpt concept and were able to turn in it something wonderfull (1st 50 episodes) to over the top awesome (last 10-20 episodes) card games on motorcycles around an exploding super nova.

When people say Mega Kangaskhan is broken, does this mean it can beat just about anything in the Battle Maison? Could I actually speed through and get those 50 wins in Super Singles I so desperately claim?

SeZMehK

Damn, I spent all day working on the central pokedex. I now just need scrafty and spritzee's evo :/ scraggy is almost ready to evolve.

MicH

50 wins in the Super Single battles in thee Battle Maison. Got my monument, yess. And 200 BP. Jesus! Managed to get my Razer Fang, a bunch of other items and thus evolve my Gligar. AWESOME

Also got my Oval Charm. AWESOME

SeZMehK

50 wins in the Super Single battles in thee Battle Maison. Got my monument, yess. And 200 BP. Jesus! Managed to get my Razer Fang, a bunch of other items and thus evolve my Gligar. AWESOME

Also got my Oval Charm. AWESOME

Nice. Gotta work on mine. Got a spare spritzee's evo ? lol

When people say Mega Kangaskhan is broken, does this mean it can beat just about anything in the Battle Maison? Could I actually speed through and get those 50 wins in Super Singles I so desperately claim?

Not really. Like any Pokemon in the Maison it's impossible to take AI cheating into account. Mega Kangaskhan is formidable and people like to call formidable Pokemon broken.

DaBoss

It will probably make it easier for you.
Not really. Like any Pokemon in the Maison it's impossible to take AI cheating into account. Mega Kangaskhan is formidable and people like to call formidable Pokemon broken.
I never call any other Pokemon broken though. :p

Got lucky when I was hunting lucky eggs ...!!!
tumblr_mw0ttpUIC11qgz1jao1_500.jpg

And as I was posting THAT on tumblr I GOT HER!!!

SO CASH!!!

SGRemy

so, can anyone point me towards an X/Y iv calculator?

the one on serebii and metalkid keep telling me my meditite's speed is impossible lol

Velcro Fly

I really wish the speed boost torchic wasn't getting bonus XP. It levels so fast and since I reset to get an Adamant one it has such good attack it wrecks everything.

On my way to get the 8th badge tonight I think. I may finish the main quest in the next couple days. It did well to hold me over to Link Between Worlds.

Aytrial

I really wish the speed boost torchic wasn't getting bonus XP. It levels so fast and since I reset to get an Adamant one it has such good attack it wrecks everything.

On my way to get the 8th badge tonight I think. I may finish the main quest in the next couple days. It did well to hold me over to Link Between Worlds.

I actually had to box Blaziken because it was stupidly strong.

Velcro Fly

I actually had to box Blaziken because it was stupidly strong.

I never really use it. I keep it on my team as my just in case pokemon. Really though between Gardevoir and Gengar I pretty much wreck everything.

I wish there was a balance between the tedium of grinding all my pokemon individually and the ridiculousness of EXP share making everything trivial =/

Think in future playthroughs when I breed for movesets and EV train early I'm going to keep EXP share off and just have a lucky egg handy to grind. EXP share is really nice to have when you are carrying a team of native pokemon but a traded one becomes almost unusable because of how fast they grow.

SGRemy

Are you sure you set it to the correct level?

yea, at lvl 1 it was kosher, said speed was 0-31.

was super training it via horde and got carried away, so it's lvl 17 now....

wait....my EV training fucked it all up didn't it? lol damn i'm dumb if thats true

I never call any other Pokemon broken though. :p

You use Talonflame, so you can't talk ;P

MegaKhan is definitely manageable if you can shut it down early. Once it Mega Evolves it pretty much can't touch Ghosts without using Sucker Punch, so just bring a Gengar or a Dusclops and you're 100% good to go.

WHAT THE HELL MAN :( gimme some of that luck

Well, I wish I was. But alas, no, I have zero shinies in this game

Oh, guess it was another Pikachu Avatar member ... cause I remember being pissed at them for taking all the Pika-Ava shiny luck. (I think of it like the Speed Force with Flash ...)

Sorry ... keep hatching? (I drove myself crazy with that, had to stop ... so boring. But more power to ya!)

Holmes

That shiny Kirlia is tight.

Anyway, 31/31/31/x/31/31 male Dratini with Marvel Scale GET! Now to get Outrage on my Gibble and then use that Dratini as the father to get a near-flawless Gibble (relatively) easily. :)

MicH

Oh, guess it was another Pikachu Avatar member ... cause I remember being pissed at them for taking all the Pika-Ava shiny luck. (I think of it like the Speed Force with Flash ...)

Sorry ... keep hatching? (I drove myself crazy with that, had to stop ... so boring. But more power to ya!)
Haha, it's no problem. Pika-avatar wearers are the best though

Ultimadrago

That shiny Kirlia is tight.

Anyway, 31/31/31/x/31/31 male Dratini with Marvel Scale GET! Now to get Outrage on my Gibble and then use that Dratini as the father to get a near-flawless Gibble (relatively) easily. :)

Congrats on finally getting it. Sounded like it took a little bit

I went to the Battle Maison for the first time today to get BP so I could get some power items for EV training. I made it all the way to battle 20 without much difficulty. Then this happened.

XHFG-WWWW-WWW2-NXQ2

SeZMehK

I had my first two battle spot battles last night. I was representing the good ol amurica against japan. Let's just say that Carbink paved the way to both my victories! :D

#1: MHGW-WWWW-WWW2-N7MB

#2: J9UG-WWWW-WWW2-N7LL

Enjoy. :D

Crap, I'm wasting all my shiny luck on stuff I care about less than Charizard!

This is #3:

XHoh8r6.jpg

A bit too subtle to be captured on my shitty phone camera (it's brown), but I like it.

Neiteio

I had my first two battle spot battles last night. I was representing the good ol amurica against japan. Let's just say that Carbink paved the way to both my victories! :D

#1: MHGW-WWWW-WWW2-N7MB

#2: J9UG-WWWW-WWW2-N7LL

Enjoy. :D
lR9LOTtoReum7ya93djU_BirdmanShine.gif

Carbink all day erryday. Gonna take a break from birthing Prankster Recover Sableyes and watch dis right now.

DaBoss

yea, at lvl 1 it was kosher, said speed was 0-31.

was super training it via horde and got carried away, so it's lvl 17 now....

wait....my EV training fucked it all up didn't it? lol damn i'm dumb if thats true
Yea, you have to account for EVs.
http://i.imgur.com/yqxl2CI.gif

Wow small Pikachu

http://i.imgur.com/J6qFNLD.gif

Much big Pikachu

http://i.imgur.com/SfDvcqG.gif

This not Pikachu
wow
much adorable
nice dosge

MegaKhan is definitely manageable if you can shut it down early. Once it Mega Evolves it pretty much can't touch Ghosts without using Sucker Punch, so just bring a Gengar or a Dusclops and you're 100% good to go.
I rarely do. My Battle Box has been changing everyday lol.

I'm only basing it on what I face. Talonflames are much much easier to take down and are really frail and only have a limited number of options.

Mega Kangaskhan is pretty bulky and powerful and then has an ability that makes some powerful moves even more powerful. Even in Doubles Mega Kangaskhan is a force to be reckon with, but it is much easier to burn it there and such. Only a limited number of Pokemon can take it down in Singles.

Neiteio

Yo, Poké-bros:

Got a mama Pranskter Sableye with Recover from ScraftyDevil. Just had a baby boy with the opposite IVs I need -- but he's Stall, not Prankster. So long as the mother remains a Prankster specimen, I should continue to get just as many Prankster babies, right?

100% good to die to Sucker Punch if you got out predicted. Is not a solid counter but is the best thing we had.

Also Mega Kangashkan is even better in inverse battles, it's pretty much Mary.

Top Bottom