• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yo, Poké-bros:

Got a mama Pranskter Sableye with Recover from ScraftyDevil. Just had a baby boy with the opposite IVs I need -- but he's Stall, not Prankster. So long as the mother remains a Prankster specimen, I should continue to get just as many Prankster babies, right?
Yeah, always 60%.

Korosenai

I just got 3 back to back forfeits using Aegislash as lead on Showdown... I wish the servers were working so I could have linked them here.

Dang it. I have to wait until Pokébank releases to get Hyper Voice on Gardevoir. DX I guess I'll postpone Masuda Breeding for it until then...

Aytrial

So annoyed right now.

Hunting for a female Sturdy Skarmory in Victory Road. I managed to run into one after like 12 encounters, but Scad proc'd its burn and killed it. ;_;

DedValve

Banned
I never really use it. I keep it on my team as my just in case pokemon. Really though between Gardevoir and Gengar I pretty much wreck everything.

I wish there was a balance between the tedium of grinding all my pokemon individually and the ridiculousness of EXP share making everything trivial =/

Think in future playthroughs when I breed for movesets and EV train early I'm going to keep EXP share off and just have a lucky egg handy to grind. EXP share is really nice to have when you are carrying a team of native pokemon but a traded one becomes almost unusable because of how fast they grow.

This doesn't work. I restarted my game with 6 team members (that where constantly switching until the 6th gym) with no lucky eggs and exp all off. I was STILL 15 levels ahead of everything. It wasnt until victory road where everything finally managed to catch up to me (even then I was on average 3-5 levels ahead).

The campaign got nerfed hard. Gym leaders are a total joke and trainers end in 3-4 turns MAX.

I've been breeding for so long, I forget what the rest of the game is like

I know that feeling.

I have to remind myself to actually take a break and battle with the Pokes I'm training from time to time before moving on to the next. I think I genuinely enjoy the accomplishment of breeding good Pokemon more than winning battles.

I've been breeding for so long, I forget what the rest of the game is like

I crossed that breeding > playing boundary a long time ago. First 30 or so hours were a complete crapfest with me not knowing how to do it. Now that I've got some good males in a few egg groups I trade 4 IV Pokemon with other people and I get what I need in like half an hour to an hour tops

ramyeon

Speaking of Gliscor, if anyone has some breeding rejects of Gligar with Poison Heal and Impish Nature I would really appreciate one. Anything with 3-4IVs would be ideal and would be a huge help when I start breeding them!

Help me focus my thoughts. If I have a parent with the hidden ability I want but the wrong nature, is there an easy way to pass down the ability but not the nature? Or am I stuck catching them until I get the ability/nature combo I need?

Ultimadrago

Help me focus my thoughts. If I have a parent with the hidden ability I want but the wrong nature, is there an easy way to pass down the ability but not the nature? Or am I stuck catching them until I get the ability/nature combo I need?

Breed it with a Ditto of the correct nature.

ramyeon

Breed it with a Ditto that has the right nature, or something in the same egg group with the right nature if it's female.

Strigiday

Neo Member

Breed with a ditto with the right nature and an everstone

daripad

So I will start IV training Brelooms.

Is there any move I should teach a Breloom before starting breeding? Which one should I go, Jolly or Adamant? I am going with a Spore set but I want to punch hard too after doing some sleeping. I would have Galvantula in my team too so I guess Speed wouldn't be a problem unless I fight with Rapid spinners.

hemtae

So I will start IV training Brelooms.

Is there any move I should teach a Breloom before starting breeding? Which one should I go, Jolly or Adamant? I am going with a Spore set but I want to punch hard too after doing some sleeping. I would have Galvantula in my team too so I guess Speed wouldn't be a problem unless I fight with Rapid spinners.

If you're going with a technician set, I'd teach it bullet seed.

fek

After about 200 hours, I decided to finally try battling with other people. I guess I will go back to another 200 hours of breeding before trying again.

Wazzy

Banned
Probably a really stupid question but for super training, do I have to keep track of the 63 matches for whatever stat I'm leveling or can I just keep going and it will stop me once I'm done? I can't remember if the max out is 252 or 255.

What's the easiest way to get foreign Dittos with good IVs? .-.

What's good IVs to you? I got 2 IV foreign Dittos pretty easily on the GTS because there are a fair amount of people who just want to swap safari Dittos with different countries. Much higher than that is probably just not realistic, since personally, I wouldn't put a 3IV+ Ditto on the GTS.

Fireblend

Banned
So I want a Mawile with the following IV distribution: 31 / 31 / 31 / ? / 31 / 0

Here's what I've got in the daycare right now:

Male: destiny bond 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / ? / 0
female: everstone 31 / 31 / ? / 31 / 31 / 0

There is no way to improve my chances of getting the distribution I want, right?

DaBoss

I don't know if this is old, but if you're connected to the internet and you go into VS Recorder and then put the 3DS into sleep mode, you don't get disconnected from the internet.

MicH

My Poison Heal Gliscor is amazing. So much fun to use.

Not sure what my next project will be. I'm happy that I finally got that Oval Charm

CrimsonN0

What's the easiest way to get foreign Dittos with good IVs? .-.

I think someone in this thread said he was playing the Spanish version.
Theres got to be a few others on GAF that are playing foreign games, too,

So, just find them and trade with them?

ZenaxPure

I'm going to re-ask this since it's been a few pages/half a day, I assume different people are around now.

Reading this thread made me really interested in trying a prankster sableye, anyone have a spare/leftover one (ivs don't matter) or a friend safari with them? Don't really have anything to trade for it, but, I don't care about anything other than the ability itself to breed with so hopefully it isn't too much trouble.

ramyeon

My Poison Heal Gliscor is amazing. So much fun to use.

Not sure what my next project will be. I'm happy that I finally got that Oval Charm
Do you have any Gligar rejects by any chance? Hoping to breed this next after Rotom if I can get my hands one some :)

hemtae

Probably a really stupid question but for super training, do I have to keep track of the 63 matches for whatever stat I'm leveling or can I just keep going and it will stop me once I'm done? I can't remember if the max out is 252 or 255.

255 is max so you need to keep track to squeeze out that extra stat point.

Top Bottom