• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Yeah, ggs. Haha I restarted my Y version and imported my battle teams and didn't realize I couldn't mega evolve without being far enough in the story :
Ah, that explains it. Was wondering why Mega Gengar never came up.

Your friend safari is pretty cool, btw. Mine isn't that great.

CrimsonN0

I kinda want to make a Hitmonchan.
I also want it to have Rapid Spin(I like how Hitmonchan looks more than Hitmontop).

Has anyone out there been breeding Tyrogues/Hitmontops?
My attempts keep leaving me with less IVs then the parents.

Delio

Been having some success on wifi with my Defensive Scolipede passing Sword dances to either Garchomp or Talonflame. Also had a wonderful stall war with a Rotom Wash agiasnt my Trevenant.

NEO0MJ

Metagross and Salamence are both from Hoenn :lol

Garchomp > all

I know they're both from the same region, but Metagross is also a Pseudo-legendary, even if it isn't a dragon. And I completely forgot about Garchomp. I'd probably put it right after Goodra, its design doesn't click with me 100%. Its mega form however was really cool, I liked that.

FSLink

Banned
It's annoying how you have to run into the thing a gazillion times and *then* you can actually catch it. Well, at least it's actually a stationary so you can SR for a good one, which I will be doing. QQ

I was irritated enough by it that I didn't care about SR over and over for Articuno, I'll just transfer my good one from Gen V instead later.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I trained the ever so popular Potean Greninja because somehow I lost to Battle 50 in Super Singles a while ago. I was like heck yeah sweep with Ice.

I get it out; Ice beam does not kill and I instantly die. Luckily there was no Hurricane hax this time so I won. Dumb Greninja.

CrimsonN0

Managed to Power Spit a CharizardY and stall out Drought with Shuckle allowing my MegaHeracross to survive a Flamethrower and kill it; their last pokemon was Mewtwo.

It seems that with my all Bug team, Shuckle and Volcarona are the best.

Shuckle has managed to kill Legendaries and Megas by himself, the same with Volcarona; Even pokemon they're weak against.
MegaHeracross can sweep, but only if Galvantula can lay down Sticky Web to slow them down first.
My Forretress and Scizor pretty much instantly die because everyone has Fire attacks.
I've even fought a Chansey with Fire Blast.

My Scyther and MegaPinsir haven't faired that well, either.

NEO0MJ

Okay: Draco Meteor, how the hell do I survive against the first use of it?

Even though it was nerfed that move is still a god damn nuke and if it comes from a choice speced dragon it's going to hurt a lot. You'll need a bulky spacial wall to survive that move.

When passing egg moves, when I pass something to the baby from a Pokemon of another species, can that baby then continue passing down the moves towards its babies of the same species?

Hey guys, looking for some advise on moveslot:

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
4/0/0/252/0/252

- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U Turn

So, question is whether Dragon Pulse is worth it over Draco Meteor? Does the second Draco Meteor still hit harder than Dragon Pulse?

MicH

Guys, I need one of them Prankster Sableye with Recover!

Also, I think I'm gonna start MMing a shiny Beldum. It is just so glorious!

Mumei

So, I'm at the point now where I am trying to breed myself a Jolly Dratini with Marvel Scale. I have the Jolly and Marvel Scale parts now, so the only issue now is getting the IVs right. I thought I was making progress - I had started without the right Nature and with only one IV right and I've gotten one that has 4 IVs, but I feel like I've hit a roadblock.

Right now I've gotten to the point where I'm breeding one Dratini with 31/31/X/31/X/31 with another Dratini with X/X/31/X/31/31. I am using a Destiny Knot and Everstone, and so far I've managed to produce nothing better than 3 IV. Have I just been unlucky, or is there something else I should be doing at this point?

ramyeon

Guys, I need one of them Prankster Sableye with Recover!

Also, I think I'm gonna start MMing a shiny Beldum. It is just so glorious!
I've got one with 4 perfect IVs in HP, Def, SpD and Spe if you want :) I can give it to you for that Gligar.

L.O.R.D

i am getting board because of the breeding
i just breed more then 230 charmander , didn't get shiny

if i start to breed another pokemon,will i have to start over for charmander ?

Wichu

i am getting board because of the breeding
i just breed more then 230 charmander , didn't get shiny

if i start to breed another pokemon,will i have to start over for charmander ?

Assuming the odds are the same as in Black/White, the chance is roughly 1/1366. All the people that have gotten one earlier are just lucky (though the odds might be better in X/Y, we don't actually have proof).

And no, you don't "start over". That's not how statistics works. Each egg you hatch has exactly the same chance of being shiny; the 231st egg is just as likely to be shiny as the 1st.

Holmes

Mumei,

Place the Destiny Knot on that first Dratini, and place on the second a Power Band (to ensure it passes down special defense). Keep breeding until you get a Pokemon of the opposite gender of thr first one with 4 IV (with attack AND special defense). Now give that Pokemon the Destiny Knot, and your first Dratini the Everstone and keep breeding.

Does anyone know when I can train my Dragonite Draco Meteor? The Move Tutor on route 21 says he "isn't ready yet/i havent spent enough time with him" or something along hose lines.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Would someone help me trade-save some of my mons so i can start a new game and trade them back later?
Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to capture a second Snorlax? Can we wake up the one in pokemon village?

You can have mine if you want?

NEO0MJ

You can have mine if you want?

You don't understand, I need to capture a female with thick fat (and in a Luxury Ball...)

Does anyone know when I can train my Dragonite Draco Meteor? The Move Tutor on route 21 says he "isn't ready yet/i havent spent enough time with him" or something along hose lines.

You need to boost its happiness first before you can teach it that move.

Finally got the parents set for Impish Brave Bird Skarmorys.

If anyone wants one of the rejects, just let me know.

Ohhh, I'd like one.

Top Bottom