• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

I run Moonblast, Thunderbolt, and then Light Screen/Reflect. Gardevoir's biggest issue is that she's frail as a twig, so those two help cover that. Moon/Thunder seem to give me pretty good coverage, can hit a lot of things at least neutrally.
Mine's Modest, but I'm sometimes wishing I had done Timid to outspeed some things... But I don't know too much about competitiveness so hey.
Thanks for your input. I started breeding Timid Ralts. With a Japanese father 31/31/x/31/31/31). Hoping for a shiny along the way

Holmes

Mmhmm. Trying out Super Singles now in the Battle Maison. First three moves, three consecutive misses. This will be fun.

A little annoyed I spent ages building a pokemon team and you can only use 3 pokemon to battle online. Also I'm trying to learn pokemon so when I battle one I dont recognise I look it up (bad practice?) but everyone I battle is from Japan so I have no idea what I'm facing sometimes.

NEO0MJ

I think nobody's ever going to use it in matches against humans, as the technique is really widespread and really, using a really low-level pokémon in matches (like Rattata or Magikarp) raises all kinds of danger flags ha ha.

I think it might work if you use it on a casual looking team, that's where I plan to use such a tactic, someone who isn't in depth with the game and would freak out at how a LV.1 pokemon is destroying their team.

Ultimadrago

Hmm, having done most of the stuff I want to in Pokemon X, I'm thinking of replaying White 2 in preparation for December. I'm not sure what I want to prioritize with Pokemon Bank in mind, however.

A little annoyed I spent ages building a pokemon team and you can only use 3 pokemon to battle online. Also I'm trying to learn pokemon so when I battle one I dont recognise I look it up (bad practice?) but everyone I battle is from Japan so I have no idea what I'm facing sometimes.

I don't know if this game has it. But the Battle Factory is a perfect place to learn new pokemon and their strategies. It made me meet Breloom and Medicham :)

Had a 41 win streak in super singles and got done in by Choice Band Earthquake on Eelektross

Immune to its only type weakness. God damn it

Should have used Crunch :(

NEO0MJ

Hmm, having done most of the stuff I want to in Pokemon X, I'm thinking of replaying White 2 in preparation for December. I'm not sure what I want to prioritize with Pokemon Bank in mind, however.

I'm considering buying it to gain access to its exclusive stuff, though I might be forced to use RNG to breed pokemon. Feel it would be kinda pointless though as I missed out on a lot of the event pokemon.

Made myself a 31/31/31/X/31/31 Kangaskhan just now. Man, breeding makes things easier later on fo'real.

Also I managed to get a HP Ice Rotom. I didn't check it's IVs, but it should look something like 31/0/X/31/31/31. Mission accomplished, fuck breeding for Hidden Power I swear.

Does anyone want a 3/4 IV Kanga reject? Most of them are Early Bird. Looking for a Sableye w/ Recover or other goodies that have 3/4 IVs.

I think it might work if you use it on a casual looking team, that's where I plan to use such a tactic, someone who isn't in depth with the game and would freak out at how a LV.1 pokemon is destroying their team.

hope someone runs only attacking moves?
yeah mark of the scrub right there if anyone falls for it

Firestorm

So bear with me, I'd like to ask some noob team-building questions, mostly based around the fact that I really want to build a team Mawile/Mega Mawile can be useful on. I bred a Brave one with 0 speed for the purpose of being used in a Trick Room since I've read that's where it would really shine, plus, being the noob I am, I'd like to experiment with TR.

1. Does a Trick Room team have to be entirely built around that move? TR only lasts 5 turns, so I'd assume not all of my Pokemon should either be TR casters or slow as snails, right? I was thinking having only Mawile as the only really slow Pokemon, and having 1 or 2 TR casters, so that I can have 3-4 team slots saved for other uses. I might want to use an Azumarill, or maybe Greninja & Aegislash which I think are a nice team, for example.

2. What's a good TR caster? I was thinking Banette, maybe Gardevoir?

3. Since TR only lasts 5 turns and Mawile's supposed to do as much damage as possible, it doesn't make much sense to include Swords Dance on Mawile's moveset since it won't be able to set anything up, right? I was thinking Sucker Punch, Iron Head, Play Rough & Brick Break.
If this is for Doubles where Trick Room shines, 5 turns is plenty. You'll want probably 3 Pokemon who do well in Trick Room. Aroma Veil Aromatisse seems to be the single best TR setter from what I've been hearing. I think Trevenant or Gourgheist are also worth considering but with Mawile's typing maybe consider Slowbro with Oblivious.

Azumarill does great in Trick Room and out with Aqua Jet.

To help Trick Room get set up you want to support your setter with something like Fake Out or Follow Me / Rage Powder or Spore. Scrafty with Intimidate and Amoonguss with Regenetator are great at this.

Ultimadrago

Made myself a 31/31/31/X/31/31 Kangaskhan just now. Man, breeding makes things easier later on fo'real.

Does anyone want a 3/4 IV Kanga reject? Most of them are Early Bird. Looking for a Sableye w/ Recover or other goodies that have 3/4 IVs.

Sure, I'll take one. I'm online now.

Korosenai

Close to a perfect Deino. Just got 31/31/31/31/xx/31. If only the non perfect stat could have been its attack.

@Fury Sense: just saw your post where you said you added me. I'll add you soon.

MicH

Got my 31/x/31/31/31/31 female Timid Ralts with Trace. Awesome!

Now my insane project of getting a shiny one begins

Firestorm

Close to a perfect Deino. Just got 31/31/31/31/xx/31. If only the non perfect stat could have been its attack.

@Fury Sense: just saw your post where you said you added me. I'll add you soon.
I have so many frigging xx/31/31/31/31/0 and 31/xx/31/31/31/0 Trevenants I want to start a forest fire.

Haha just messin with ya. The magician ability makes the user (if not already holding an item) steal the target's item when it hits with any move.

Check bulbapedia for more http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magician_(Ability)

What... that's not even close to the Half damages from special attacks thing I was hearing. Does the move need to make any contact? Does it always steal the move or is it only a 30% chance?

So much questions. Also are Inverse Battles official online? I kind of want to try them. (Regice should become the Tank it was mean to be by resisting Rock, Steel, Fighting and Fire and being only weak to ice)

Unicorn

Can I have one or two? Should I PM?

I'd like one, if you don't mind. FC 4511-0460-2776

I'd like one of the 4IV DDance ones if you can save me one. It sucks because I'm at work and can't get on just yet, but I can trade you some DDance Pursuit Srocks Larvitar for your efforts. Let me know, I'll pm you my FC when I can get on for a little.

Sorry I'm getting to you guys so late, but I FINALLY have internet at my house (no longer have to go to my friend's to use nets for hw and GTS stuff lol).

I'll also be PMing you guys as well as replying to those that have sent me a PM.

fek

Also I managed to get a HP Ice Rotom. I didn't check it's IVs, but it should look something like 31/0/X/31/31/31. Mission accomplished, fuck breeding for Hidden Power I swear.

I'd like one. Would you be interested in a 4IVs Snorlax (0 in speed), Mareep (0 in speed), Marill, Slowpoke or Mawile?

upandaway

Just started breeding today (didn't even have Dittos before starting), and just a while ago I finished for the day. Results:

Modest Larvesta 31/x/31/31/31/31
Modest Petilil 31/x/31/31/31/31
Modest Staryu 31/x/31/31/31/31 (Natural Cure)

I actually got really lucky with the most perfect 4 IV Ditto possible (31/x/31/x/31/31), so I guess I'll be using that from now on. If you told me I'd get this much in one day, back in gen 5, I would've dismissed it with a mere sigh.

I also have a bunch of the above with 4 IVs if anyone wants 'em, PM.

Kinokou

I think I might have a six 0 IV pokemon. But I don't know what the IV judge is supposed to say. Are anyone able to help me IV check via battle?

Morokh

still have one ? Have some 4+ immunity gligars, charmanders, abra, Pumpkaboo and venipede.

Top Bottom