• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Battle Chateau can make you rich really fast. Level 2 Prize Money + Amulet Coin nets me about 200k per sweep and I'm not even a Grand Duke yet.

Nice, daripad you have a Chansey Safari. Time to find another Lucky Egg :D

Good luck with that. On a separate note, one Particular FS Chansey used Bestow and gave my Aegislash a Lucky Punch.

I'm assembling a team of bearded Pokemon for fun and so far have selected:

Mega Alakazam (Psychic)
Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Beartic (Ice)
Pyroar, male (Fire/Normal) or Arcanine (Fire)
Gogoat (Grass)
???

I'm thinking about these guys to fill the empty spot unless I can find better candidates:
Whiscash (Water/Ground) "whisker pokemon"
Delibird (Water/Flying)

No Bidoof or Aromatisse will be part of this. Pyroar/Arcanine and Gogoat are kind of iffy since they have manes, not traditional beards. I wish Pangoro had a beard. Any suggestions?

rrs

Well, I'm down to literally only 456 poke-dollars. o_O

So much clothes shopping, and Day Care swapping.

Time to make some money. Where's the best place to take a team and make some $$$?

Work at the hotel, it's not as fast or as profitable as spamming Le Wow but it's way easier and increases respect in the city (somehow).

quote snip

Arcanine over pyroar, Whiscash over Delibird. Pyroar's Normal typing just adds a nasty fighting weakness and just looks bland. Delibird is a gimmick pokemon.

Atlantis

Mega Alakazam (Psychic)
Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Beartic (Ice)
Gogoat (Grass)
???

I'm thinking about these guys to fill the empty spot unless I can find better candidates:
Delibird (Water/Flying)

No Bidoof or Aromatisse will be part of this. Pyroar/Arcanine and Gogoat are kind of iffy since they have manes, not traditional beards. I wish Pangoro had a beard. Any suggestions?

Wait until December and use Jellicent. I can't imagine the theme working without it.

Tenck

Went up against an Azumarill with Belly Drum. Used a berry to get back its HP and proceeded to wreck me. Sucked so hard.

CrimsonN0

Went up against an Azumarill with Belly Drum. Used a berry to get back its HP and proceeded to wreck me. Sucked so hard.

I went up against one too.
My MegaHeracross took it out with Bullet Seed.
His next pokemon, though, was Aegislash with Weakness Policy. After a Swords Dance, he just sweeped the rest of my team with Shadow Sneak.

LaNaranja

Just to be sure, there are no Pokemon that can only be captured using the Master Ball right? I am free to use it on whoever I want? And if I breed it, the baby will also be in a Master Ball right?

Devo

Just KO'd my teammate trying to activate weakness policy... lol my bad Devo
When the opponent woke up and used Horn Leech
bDAxKOd.gif

Arcanine over pyroar, Whiscash over Delibird. Pyroar's Normal typing just adds a nasty fighting weakness and just looks bland. Delibird is a gimmick pokemon.

Then that's settled.

Wait until December and use Jellicent. I can't imagine the theme working without it.

Well his GLORIOUS mustache is big enough that it counts.

I wish I didn't have to wait, it's Mo-vember, after all. But mustaches totally count considering the awesome Water/Ghost typing.

There's Stoutland. He only has a mustache though. Same deal with Probopass.

Conkeldurr will be a perfect choice for Fighting, but Stoutland suffers from being Normal, sadly. Probopass would be great with Steel but shares Rock with Tyrantrum.

Mega Alakazam
Tyrantrum
Arcanine
Beartic
Conkeldurr
Gogoat for now, Jellicent later.

Thanks people!

Mega Alakazam (Psychic)
Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Beartic (Ice)
Gogoat (Grass)
???

Delibird (Water/Flying)

Chesnaught (Beard)
Gyarados (Whiskers)
Diggersby (5-o'clock shadow)
Goodra (Slime Beard)
Avalugg (Ice Beard)
Omastar (Beard/Moustache)
Swalot (Whiskers)
Krikretune (Moustache)
Mienshao (Whiskers)

jwhit28

Mega Alakazam (Psychic)
Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Beartic (Ice)
Gogoat (Grass)
???

Delibird (Water/Flying)

Where is Stoutland?

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason I thought Tyrantrum caused sandstorms.

Neiteio

How do I spread Pokerus? I got my perfect Adamant Kangaskhan now, thus completing my team, and I'll be training three Pokémon tomorrow. I have a Togetic with Pokerus (thanks again, Scrafty). How do I spread it to my Kangaskhan, Sableye and Beldum? Do I just put all four of them in the same party and run in and out of battles until it spreads? Does party order have any effect?

Tenck

How do I spread Pokerus? I got my perfect Adamant Kangaskhan now, thus completing my team, and I'll be training three Pokémon tomorrow. I have a Togetic with Pokerus (thanks again, Scrafty). How do I spread it to my Kangaskhan, Sableye and Beldum? Do I just put all four of them in the same party and run in and out of battles until it spreads? Does party order have any effect?

Just put your infected pokemon adjacent to any pokemon you want to infect.

ramyeon

They infect the pokemon to the right of them I think.

FSLink

Banned
oh my god i am going to murder zapdos once i finally catch it

Not sure wtf Gamefreak was smoking when they made it run 10 times. That's just awful game design right there. Stupid Articuno was finally mine but meh. Speaking of which, want to trade Articuno for Zapdos later for Pokedex data?

CrimsonN0

Mega evolving Gyarados only makes him weak to Volcarona.
At least I know Volcarona can survive a Dragon Danced Earthquake from one, though.

Neiteio

You'll also have to enter (And run if you want) from a few battles to get it to actually spread. And don't forget to save some contagious ones in the PC!
I'll keep this in mind.

For an all-out attack Metagross, what's a good EV spread? I see Smogon suggests investing a little in speed, but I suspect Metagross will be out-sped most of the time regardless (base 70 Speed) and so maybe a full 252 in Attack and 252 in HP would be worthwhile? (HP to maximize bulk; the high Defenses can hold up without the extra ~30 EVs at lv. 50. Also bear in mind: The idea is for him to have screens support from Carbink, and possibly Assault Vest)

:O And the judge says it has 5 perfect IVs!

SO AMAZE

I named it Akujiku (the sword from Shinobi PS2).

Now to start wondertrading all of the near-perfect honedges I have filling my boxes.

Hylian7

I think I'm just bad at building teams, but I find myself rarely winning online matches. I feel like everyone I face has a team to deal with EVERYTHING and then my team can't deal with whatever crazy strategy or type composition they have.

Anyone have any advice for me here?

Neiteio

I'll keep this in mind.

For an all-out attack Metagross, what's a good EV spread? I see Smogon suggests investing a little in speed, but I suspect Metagross will be out-sped most of the time regardless (base 70 Speed) and so maybe a full 252 in Attack and 252 in HP would be worthwhile? (HP to maximize bulk; the high Defenses can hold up without the extra ~30 EVs at lv. 50. Also bear in mind: The idea is for him to have screens support from Carbink, and possibly Assault Vest)
Anyone?

Top Bottom