• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

CrimsonN0

Everyone point and laugh at me routinely being first knocked out.

I really wish I could have told Crimson that Gardevoir had Telepathy, specifically for Explosion/Earthquake buddies.

Yeah, I ended up going for Earthquake anyways since you were low on health and I thought I'd be able to take out both enemies.

That's a big part of why I have Gardevoir. Telepathy and Screens gives any buddies a lot of room to work with, as far as my limited knowledge of the art informs me. Thunderbolt and Moonblast have nice coverage, but hey, all about the buddies.

I was trying to Earthquake with M Aggron earlier haha because I thought Volcarona had Levitate. Glad I was asleep! Though that might have actually won it so who knows.

CrimsonN0

If we knock out 3 pokemon of one trainer first, then we only have to fight one at a time thereafter!

Can't believe I forgot about the Chesto berry. Such a specific berry!

++ Thanks a lot for battling us and waiting through our too-long turns. Even though you two couldn't even communicate, the first win was super exciting :D

Yeah, my Chesto berry is actually for Rest.
Setting up Quiver Dances and then Resting back to full health to sweep.
Its managed to take out Rotom-Ws without a problem, but it looks like Rain and Trick Room is a bit trickier to use it with, especialy being Spored.

Fury Sense

That's a big part of why I have Gardevoir. Telepathy and Screens gives any buddies a lot of room to work with, as far as my limited knowledge of the art informs me. Thunderbolt and Moonblast have nice coverage, but hey, all about the buddies.

I was trying to Earthquake with M Aggron earlier haha because I thought Volcarona had Levitate. Glad I was asleep! Though that might have actually won it so who knows.
Parasect laughs with 4x resistance to EQ!

Growlie19

So to whoever Serge was, I was unprepared for that match. And by I, I mean my little brother. I just taught him how to EV train, so all he has is a Goodra and a Pinsir. The rest was his in-game team. Perhaps I could battle you tomorrow?

I'll put in a good word for Carbink for his team.

CrimsonN0

Yeah, sometimes I think Volcarona has Levitate, too.
Its managed to survive through Garchomp Earthquakes so it might have been fine anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
So to whoever Serge was, I was unprepared for that match. And by I, I mean my little brother. I just taught him how to EV train, so all he has is a Goodra and a Pinsir. The rest was his in-game team. Perhaps I could battle you tomorrow?

I'll put in a good word for Carbink for his team.
Heh, sure thing! It was fun anyway :D I'm always up for more battling.

Devo

Thanks for the battles H3XAntiStyle and CrimsonN0! Also thanks for being good sports about us 'talking it out' haha, sorry we took so long sometimes!

Thanks for the battles H3XAntiStyle and CrimsonN0! Also thanks for being good sports about us 'talking it out' haha, sorry we took so long sometimes!

Eh, that remark was more due to my realization that you guys were actually collaborating on it and not just winging it like the two of us were. Once you guys pulled out that Trick Room with slow team I knew what was up.

Neiteio

This will destroy me.

I just want a Prankster Recover Sableye with perfect HP, Def, Sp. Def and Speed.

*falls to his knees and screams skyward as the camera pans up and away in the pouring rain*

Fury Sense

Oh sonovabitch! Yeah I've never played competitively, so I don't know my matchups as well as I should.
We haven't either. But we spent all week trying to breed, train, and prepare this team, so we were really glad it didn't immediately fall apart (though I'm sure we'll see big holes when we play a cohesive team).

We haven't either. But we spent all week trying to breed, train, and prepare this team, so we were really glad it didn't immediately fall apart (though I'm sure we'll see big holes when we play a cohesive team).

Yeah, I know if me and someone else were preparing a specific tag team, we could've covered our bases a little bit better. But we were at least close and that first one, and technically one the second (though you certainly had me worried haha).

EDIT: All in all though that was very fun. I'm glad I was able to at least last at least as far as I did, so I'll probably have a few more throwdowns with GAF. But not with Neiteio. >_O

Ludovico

Just finished the fairy type gym, Beedrill continues to carry my team.

Just getting to route 15, I hate getting bogged down by status effects.

32 hours in, still enjoying it!
when I can find time to play

ramyeon

This will destroy me.

I just want a Prankster Recover Sableye with perfect HP, Def, Sp. Def and Speed.

*falls to his knees and screams skyward as the camera pans up and away in the pouring rain*
I got two of these in a row on my second batch of eggs, you want one?

Neiteio

On Calm Prankster Recover Sableye No. 9,999,999,999...

"I see... I see... This Pokémon has outstanding potential overall. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its HP. Hmm. And its Defense stat is good, too. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good. Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though. And, well, its Speed stat is good, too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

350x700px-LL-05107de0_edge.gif

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

EDIT: fucking Ramyeon, lol

Thanks, man, I'm... I'm good.

ramyeon

On Calm Prankster Recover Sableye No. 9,999,999,999...

"I see... I see... This Pokémon has outstanding potential overall. That's how I judge it, anyway. Incidentally, I would say that its greatest potential lies in its HP. Hmm. And its Defense stat is good, too. Although its Sp. Atk stat is equally good. Its Sp. Def stat seems just as good, though. And, well, its Speed stat is good, too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it."

350x700px-LL-05107de0_edge.gif

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

EDIT: fucking Ramyeon, lol

Thanks, man, I'm... I'm good.
Haha oh man, dat timing though... wow lol.

Congrats, you took one for the team :p

Natiko

Banned
Just curious, does anyone here use Blaziken without his mega form and as a baton passer? I've been holding off training my Torchic trying to decide how I wanted to actually go about raising it.

Coincidentally, I got my 31/31/31/X/31/31 Jolly Gale Wings Fletchling after struggling to not cry. Hooray! Congrats Neiteio and congrats to myself!

Neiteio

Well, I'm down to literally only 456 poke-dollars. o_O

So much clothes shopping, and Day Care swapping.

Time to make some money. Where's the best place to take a team and make some $$$?

Well, I'm down to literally only 456 poke-dollars. o_O

So much clothes shopping, and Day Care swapping.

Time to make some money. Where's the best place to take a team and make some $$$?
Battle Chateau. Especially if you're rolling in cash and can put out the highest Writ of Invitation at the beginning of a day where you have lots of free time. But even without that just use Amulet Coin and Prize Money 2/3 (depending on recharge level) to make lots of $$.

ramyeon

With nothing to start with, probably the E4.
Cafe Le Wow is much better. Do the triple or rotation battles, gain levels on your pokemon and then sell the mushrooms you get - two birds with one stone. After I finished levelling up a couple of new pokemon I'd bred I sold all my balm mushrooms for around 3 million.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a spare Lucky Egg they could give away? :(

Neiteio

Cafe Le Wow is much better. Do the triple or rotation battles, gain levels on your pokemon and then sell the mushrooms you get - two birds with one stone. After I finished levelling up a couple of new pokemon I'd bred I sold all my balm mushrooms for around 3 million.
Whaaaaaa?? What, and where, is this place??

macklelol

The restaurants are nice, but not the right place to start without any money in the first place lol

Neiteio

This will be my second run through the E4, this time just for money. When the credits start rolling, can I just turn off the system? At what point does it save?

ramyeon

Oh, it's one of those places where they charge you $100,000 to get in, right? I have less than $500 at the moment, lol.
Oh that's annoying haha. I'd go through your stuff and see if you have something to sell. There's heaps of items that have no use except for selling, if you can get together 90,000 to get in it's easy going from there.

EDIT: As always, you can SR once the game tells you it has saved. ;P
Oh, it's one of those places where they charge you $100,000 to get in, right? I have less than $500 at the moment, lol.
As I already said, Battle Chateau, Battle Chateau, Battle Chateau. Just do Amulet Coin and Prize Money when you can and you'll be fucking rich before you know it, especially once you get your rank up.

macklelol

This will be my second run through the E4, this time just for money. When the credits start rolling, can I just turn off the system? At what point does it save?

Once it starts showing your Pokemon after the champ, you can soft reset. The game also tells you when it saves the game, as well.

Top Bottom