• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm still not really sure what to do, my basic idea is a physical Pokemon that I can switch into as many things as possible to set up. It would help if I knew what to watch out for in regards to Volcarona and Starmie's weaknesses in my set, but I have no clue. My only fight this gen was Whippy where he destroyed my in-game team.

You'll want something that can eat water, rock, grass and electric moves (which are the things your team are weak to) and strike back against them.

EMT0

Banned
Guys, is there a limit to how many people you can add on your 3DS that will appear ingame, in stuff like your Friend Safari, or friends list?

DaBoss

The first code says Bamihap is not good at being the bigger man.

Joking of course. :p

You can use those codes to watch battle videos in this post-game item called the VS Recorder.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I need advice on my move set.

Going liepard @ leftovers
Prankster - jolly

Move set:
Substitute
Thunder wave/encore
swagger
foul play

I seriously cant decide between twave and encore. On one hand how many chances is liepard (frail is an under statement) going to have to set up a sub that doesnt get broken if not on a priority encore. On the other hand the twave not only ruins many pokemon, but it keeps enemy pokemon locked in bs for a very long time with swagger helping me kill it and maintain my sub. What do?

Joqu

I'm posting this here too because the Trading Post is kind of dead, but I'm trading my spare 3/4 IV Ghastly, all Timid, for any other Pokemon with good IVs. I figured some folks here would be interested.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I'm posting this here too because the Trading Post is kind of dead, but I'm trading my spare 3/4 IV Ghastly, all Timid, for any other Pokemon with good IVs. I figured some folks here would be interested.

Any egg group preferable? Have a ton of 4 iv pokemon just mackin it in my box, would be happy to share.

Joqu

Any egg group preferable? Have a ton of 4 iv pokemon just mackin it in my box, would be happy to share.

Well I still need plenty, Gastly are the first Pokemon I have IV bred this gen. I suppose a field pokemon would be useful? Your choice. :]

Mumei

Mumei,

Place the Destiny Knot on that first Dratini, and place on the second a Power Band (to ensure it passes down special defense). Keep breeding until you get a Pokemon of the opposite gender of thr first one with 4 IV (with attack AND special defense). Now give that Pokemon the Destiny Knot, and your first Dratini the Everstone and keep breeding.

How do the Power items work, exactly? Do they cause the Destiny Knot to not function at all, or do they simply ensure that one of the 5 IVs that are passed down will be the one that corresponds with the Power Item you used? I've heard both and I don't know which is true.

Does anyone have spare Hidden Ability Espurr?

How do the Power items work, exactly? Do they cause the Destiny Knot to not function at all, or do they simply ensure that one of the 5 IVs that are passed down will be the one that corresponds with the Power Item you used? I've heard both and I don't know which is true.

The power item guarantees the IV of the corresponding stat, and doesn't conflict with Destiny Knot. You'll still have to deal with Nature, though.

MegaMelon

Haha screw you RNG! Finally, 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Kanghaskhan. Now to wreck some shit with Mega and Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Return and Power-up punch :D

I need advice on my move set.

Going liepard @ leftovers
Prankster - jolly

Move set:
Substitute
Thunder wave/encore
swagger
foul play

I seriously cant decide between twave and encore. On one hand how many chances is liepard (frail is an under statement) going to have to set up a sub that doesnt get broken if not on a priority encore. On the other hand the twave not only ruins many pokemon, but it keeps enemy pokemon locked in bs for a very long time with swagger helping me kill it and maintain my sub. What do?

Do you have any extra Prankster Liepards?

Hedge

Is horde encounters a reliable way of getting shinies for pokemon that's harder to get right (male Nidoran in this case - shows up in hordes of 4), or am I better off hoping to get the shiny AND the gender right?

Bit confused with the exact method to breed.

So i have a Bagon with the right nature, ability and 3 perfect IVs.

Do i need to breed it with a Ditto which has the other IVs i want? And do i keep the Everstone on Bagon, and put a Destiny Knot in Ditto?

Got a 4V Ditto (HABC) from FS. Lucky~

Think of it like this:

Regular IV breeding picks 3 stats, and chooses randomly between each parent to figure who passes their IV.

If one holds a Destiny Knot, 5 stats are chosen.

What holding a Power Item does is guarantee that one of those 3 (or 5) stats will be the one corresponding to the Power Item, with the IV coming from the holder.

Fury Sense

Where the hell is the in game rain
My sliggo needs it
Route 14 rains the most I think.
Bit confused with the exact method to breed.

So i have a Bagon with the right nature, ability and 3 perfect IVs.

Do i need to breed it with a Ditto which has the other IVs i want? And do i keep the Everstone on Bagon, and put a Destiny Knot in Ditto?
Bagon is in the Dragon egg group, so it can breed with anything from there as well as Ditto.

Breeding for a perfect pokemon is a multi-step process with random factors at each stage. You should check out the OP

Top Bottom