• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

That was a battle alright.
That Jumpluff is the most annoying thing ever :( Definitely considering putting Ice Fang on Gliscor just because of that :p

I also can't believe how I just sent my Scizor out to die. Literally as I sent him out I knew he was gonna die. Damn it!

Good game though!

Josephl64

I'm trying to get a great Houndoom(I know he's not exactly viable competitively but I still like him), and am playing with a team of my faves so he does really work as an assist and has to be an attacker...any ideas on what would be the best way to go around doing this?

Josman

Does someone knows what the big nugget is for? I got to the pokeball factory and they let me choose, seems like an obvious one but I want to know juat in case lol

Busaiku

2NBW-WWWW-WWW2-ZQB4

38 turns, holy crap.
Definitely the longest battle I've been in.
Would've been a lot longer too if we kept going.

DaBoss

My Gliscor set:

Earthquake
Protect
Toxic
Ice Fang

It would be useless against many Pokemon if it weren't for Ice Fang.

Also, RNG gods were kind and gave me a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Gastly.

MicH

2NBW-WWWW-WWW2-ZQB4

38 turns, holy crap.
Definitely the longest battle I've been in.
Would've been a lot longer too if we kept going.
That's a lot of turns. I had to forfeit as there was no way I could ever win against that Jumpluff.

I'm trying to get a great Houndoom(I know he's not exactly viable competitively but I still like him), and am playing with a team of my faves so he does really work as an assist and has to be an attacker...any ideas on what would be the best way to go around doing this?

Run a baton pass team? Pass him some defensive boosts or speed boosts?

Ultimadrago

Does anyone know if you have to leave the GTS screen after sending a Pokemon in to get traded successfully? Or will it tell you about a trade going through even if you remain on the main screen after depositing one?

Holmes

tumblr_mw0r9q0ak91rscov0o1_500.jpg

Iconic.

Does anyone know if you have to leave the GTS screen after sending a Pokemon in to get traded successfully? Or will it tell you about a trade going through even if you remain on the main screen after depositing one?
You have to go check your Pokemon's summary to see if it's been traded. There are also people who've had problems when trading a bunch of Pokémon while theirs in Deposited, so just a heads up.

rac

Banned
I've got a shitload of 4 IV Jolly Zubats with defog and brave bird if you guys want any.

edit: My plan of making a Slowbro/Hippowdon team is not working out.

Getting in an unexpected priority move and watching Azumarill kill itself with Belly Drum is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.

Well, actually, Malamar getting in a Topsy-Turvy after it Belly Drums is pretty hilariously rage-inducing, too. Half health and absolute bottom of the barrel attack.

Holmes

Getting in an unexpected priority move and watching Azumarill kill itself with Belly Drum is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.

Well, actually, Malamar getting in a Topsy-Turvy after it Belly Drums is pretty hilariously rage-inducing, too. Half health and absolute bottom of the barrel attack.
arrested-development-lucille-sure.gif

Even in Free Battle, there's not much variety.
The only legendary anyone ever uses outside of Rotation Battles is Mewtwo.

Use Xerneas or Yveltal or any of the birds, c'mon!

lol what are you talking about you lucky bastard. for me it's like nobody plays Pokémon online because they're too busy playing Final Fantasy, like the six Pokémon the game hands to you are the only potential viable party members in the entire game. I present to you the Omnipresent Free Battle/PSS Challenge Scrub Roster

Delphox/Greninja
Mewtwo
Yveltal/Xerneas/Zygarde
Charizard/Blastoise
Talonflame/Pikachu
Lucario

I'm awfully tired of seeing that exact same lineup over and over and over and over but at least it's sinfully easy to quash, 100% of the time

When hatching the leftover eggs after getting a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Switcheroo Infiltrator Noibat, I got another 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Switcheroo Infiltrator Noibat.

...and it was shiny.

And it's my fav Pokemon this gen, too! I'm just... wow... I've had such good luck this gen! First shiny zard, which i've wanted since middle school, and now this!

EDIT: @StellaX: I'm jealous XD Congrats!

MicH

When hatching the leftover eggs after getting a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Switcheroo Infiltrator Noibat, I got another 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Switcheroo Infiltrator Noibat.

...and it was shiny.

And it's my fav Pokemon this gen, too! I'm just... wow... I've had such good luck this gen! First shiny zard, which i've wanted since middle school, and now this!

EDIT: @StellaX: I'm jealous XD Congrats!
Ooooh nice!! congrats!

And back to MMing Ralts I go

Top Bottom