• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Neiteio

Guess who just stopped my Battle Maison streak in the 30s-40s...

"How's that? Owned, suckah!"

I shit you not. Trick Room Exeggutor got the jump on Kangaskhan with Wood Hammer (before he could Mega Evolve), Sucker Punch struck him down but then Mienshao got him with Hi Jump Kick. I switched to Carbink, now moving first due to Trick Room; set up Reflect; then tried switching to Greninja -- but the Protean starts out in Water/Dark, which means he ate a SE Hi Jump Kick to the face. Which left me with Carbink, who was not able to save the day. He and 'Khan got me this far with ease, though; amazing how suddenly the Battle Maison can wipe out one's momentum, lol.

PK Gaming

Oops, dead link. Here it is, in all its glory (super late)

Eeht4OA.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I shit you not. Trick Room Exeggutor got the jump on Kangaskhan with Wood Hammer (before he could Mega Evolve), Sucker Punch struck him down but then Mienshao got him with Hi Jump Kick. I switched to Carbink, now moving first due to Trick Room; set up Reflect; then tried switching to Greninja -- but the Protean starts out in Water/Dark, which means he ate a SE Hi Jump Kick to the face. Which left me with Carbink, who was not able to save the day. He and 'Khan got me this far with ease, though; amazing how suddenly the Battle Maison can wipe out one's momentum, lol.

They will literally create a team to kill you if you get too far. My hail team once faced a Maison team that had 3 guys with Heat Wave.

789shadow

Banned
I really think they just didn't have time to add anymore new Pokemon this gen because of the amount of work making everything 3D took. You can't look at Heliolisk and say, "Yep, that is a final evolution." Because it's entire design screams mid evo.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Switch out your Carbink. :)

Busaiku

Oh yeah, sorry everyone, but I can't make sure they're all Perfect or not.
It's from 2 Perfect parents, but I'm still getting 4 31s...

Sigmaah

I really think they just didn't have time to add anymore new Pokemon this gen because of the amount of work making everything 3D took. You can't look at Heliolisk and say, "Yep, that is a final evolution." Because it's entire design screams mid evo.

I will never accept that Heliolisk is the final evo. It's final evo shall come soon. (I Hope)

HawthorneKitty

He gave me 30+ easy Battle Maison battles in Super Singles, though. That was the first battle where he didn't work out!

I even faced a ton of Taunters and Brick Breakers and Carbink still carried the team. :O
30 isn't a lot though...

backlot

You should have let Carbink die to get a clean switch to Greninja. You might have even gotten lucky with missed Hi Jump Kicks if Carbink could stall long enough.

PBalfredo

yLeAT6u.png

Aw yeah! After tooling around for way too long, I beat the Poke League and am finally in the post game.

I started my first steps into the world of Pokemon breeding. I already got a load of 3-4 IV Larvitars and with my current breeding pair I should start seeing 5 IV Impish Larvitars.

Alright, so I checked and saw only 1 Skill Link Cinccino left, but Neteio and MicH both want one.

So, what I'm gonna do is have my Coat mate with his mother and produce an army.
I'm taking signups now.

I don't need anything specific, so don't worry.

uH095J1.png

And they'll all be in Premier Balls!

So far I've got...
MicH
Neteio

I'll take one of your incestuous (ew) little fur muffins. I'll make sure to set aside one of my newly minted Larvitars for the trade. My FC is 0001-3764-1620

Neiteio

Carbink is a bit shit tbh
He beats half of Japan on rated Battle Spot 3v3. :)

Hardest check to every Talonflame ever. Only took 19 damage from a Brave Bird, and OHKO'd with Power Gem after Stealth Rock.

Even 4X Steel-type attacks don't usually OHKO him, due to base 150 Defense and base 150 Sp. Defense. If they do, Sturdy kicks in.

Always enough to get a screen up. Usually BOTH screens, AND Stealth Rock.

Carbink is an incredible utility 'mon.

Neiteio

Tested out two of the three new teammates I added today.

My Sableye, Carbink and Kangaskhan against Scolipede, Gallade and Mega Mawile:

ME2G-WWWW-WWW2-P6NU

HawthorneKitty

Get a 41 win streak with Tyranitar/Greninja/Volcarona. Start again with the same team and now every starter is a fighting Pokemon lol
Yeah, the first Pokemon in your lineup is extremely crucial since you don't want your first move to be a switch-out. That's where Carbinks usually shine.

Haha, I thought Spikes was a level up move for Scolipede. I had a perfect one ready for EV training this whole time...

Thankfully, Forretress was available in a safari. I even breeded Toxic Spikes for the hell of it, too.

Ended up with a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Venipede. Totally going to help with other bugs like Scyther and Volcarona when I decide to dabble with those.

Busaiku

Alright, I've still got...
Smedwicks
Fury Sense
PRjumpman124
SeZMehK
Riou
blue_phazon
PBalfredo

Gonna call it quits for tonight.
My code's 5069-3918-6400, so just add me and send me a PM.

Alright, so I checked and saw only 1 Skill Link Cinccino left, but Neteio and MicH both want one.

So, what I'm gonna do is have my Coat mate with his mother and produce an army.
I'm taking signups now.

I don't need anything specific, so don't worry.

uH095J1.png

And they'll all be in Premier Balls!

So far I've got...
MicH
Neteio
I've heard many horror stories about this guy, so I think I want one. Can I get on that list?

EDIT: NOOOOOOOO!!!! Missed by two posts...

Alright, I've still got...
Smedwicks
Fury Sense
PRjumpman124
SeZMehK
Riou
blue_phazon
PBalfredo

Gonna call it quits for tonight.
My code's 5069-3918-6400, so just add me and send me a PM.

Sorry, wasn't sure if you wanted to trade tonight or not. I should be on tomorrow though for it. Thanks again!

Top Bottom