• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Alright I'm fucking pissed off. This is the stupidest thing ever. Why on earth must I do this stupid minigame just to get stones? It's not even fun. I just want to evolve stuff.

Try using a Pokemon EV'd with nothing but ATK and Sp ATK.
You'll do more damage to the balloons per hit, and if you're charging them all the way up, that'll improve your times, making it more likely to get a stone.

Yeah time works but not date. Changing the date forward also messes up those daily events until it rectifies itself again, so it probably won't work for you for another two days until you get past that date you went forward to (This is if you saved at all).

Changing the clock messes with your pedometer for O-Powers, too :(

I usually build up about 4,000 steps to get 4x recharge speed on weekdays, but it resets at midnight, which I usually stay up playing past, so at 11:30, I set the clock back a few hours and the pedometer didn't quite reset, but it did go back to about 1800, which is super odd. Then I set the clock again and it went to 33, which still isn't zero and still is odd. I'm considering at least realigning my 3DS clock so that it resets at like 6 AM instead of midnight, so I can get max use of my 4,000 daily steps. That could make other things a bit weird, though.

Neiteio

No but he will KO everything.
Nah, I've led with Carbink against Tyranitar on many occasions and my team never lost those battles. I survive with Sturdy to set up Reflect, then dispatch him with a sweeper who shrugs off his attacks. Or I'll predict an Earthquake, switch to a Flying-type, finish him and bring Carbink out later to lay down additional fortifications or flat-out stonewall Talonflame, Charizard, Volcarona, etc.

Carbink works. Not all the time, but then no Pokémon does. In 99 percent of cases, he does what I want him to do. Often more. And remember: He's part of a team. And that team takes half damage and gets Stealth Rock support and, most important of all, a crucial pivot with Carbink by their side.

heh if I can't connect to the Internet with my 3DS might as well breed perfect Azumarills
or something

stupid Riolu why are you so rare with a whack gender ratio

JoeM86

Shockingly, I just saw that the latest guide actually has specific stat numbers for each Pokémon.

They've finally done it.

FSLink

Banned
so what's the easiest way to pass an egg move?
(you only need to have it on one parent right)

Through Smeargle if they're in the Field Egg group, otherwise just have it on the male for the most part. Female passes it too now for some interesting combos.

Getting my ass soundly handed to me tonight in Battle Spot. Bad night to roll Meowstic and Diggersby. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Only fight I won had someone leading with a lv.1 Aron. Not entirely sure what they were trying to do there.

hemtae

Getting my ass soundly handed to me tonight in Battle Spot. Bad night to roll Meowstic and Diggersby. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Only fight I won had someone leading with a lv.1 Aron. Not entirely sure what they were trying to do there.

Might only have 1 HP so with sturdy it can't be killed through normal offensive moves. Disregard if it doesn't get sturdy.

FSLink

Banned
K, so put Aqua Jet on some male Pokemon and breed it with Marill?
Cool

As long as it's in the same egg group as Marill, yes.

Endeavor strategy with Aron. It's a pretty popular gimmick. Have Sandstorm up, Endeavor with Aron to get them to 1 HP, and Aron regains HP with a Shell Bell....you then die by Sandstorm damage,

wow such toge. very hitpoint.

ibm1I2JRtFU46D.gif

assault vest togekiss has been wrecking shit as of late and i felt obligated to make a gif

ramyeon

On Jury Duty for the next two weeks. First reaction was :D money. Second reaction was :( no time for Pokemon for at least two weeks.

Endeavor strategy with Aron. It's a pretty popular gimmick. Have Sandstorm up, Endeavor with Aron to get them to 1 HP, and Aron regains HP with a Shell Bell....you then die by Sandstorm damage,

Ahhh I see. That's fairly clever. They neglected to put up a sandstorm and they tried earthquake on me for some reason instead of Endeavor, so maybe they only half-understood the strategy. Anyway if they had Endeavor on them but just didn't use it I guess I was saved by having Meowstic confuse it before putting up my screens - it hurt itself which sort of derailed that strategy. I guess I feel better about the win knowing they were actually trying.

Just the Japanese guide so far, don't know if the English one in January will do it.

For the record, from what I've seen, the calculations I had last month have been spot on :)
Have you seen much of the guide? How is the Pokédex section displayed? Two Pokémon per page? Four? Are there good Ability, Attack, and Item guides?

Doing one last check before I start telling myself I have to go to sleep only to stay up too many hours longer.

I'm trading my 4-5 IV but flawed in some way (missing IV, wrong nature, and/or wrong ability) breeding rejects for other 4-5 IV Pokémon.

I have:

2 Snorlax (4 IV, Immunity)
3 Dratini (4-5 IV)
7 Bulbasaur (4-5 IV)
8 Abra (4-5 IV)
14 Charmander (5 IV)

I'm looking for other 4+ IV Pokémon, preferably male, to give me better Egg Group coverage for future breeding. If you're interested, PM me with your FC and trainer name, my FC is in my profile.

Also, they all have Pokérus if people are still having trouble acquiring that, but if all you want is Pokérus, I have random safari Charmeleons to trade instead.

Morokh

Doing one last check before I start telling myself I have to go to sleep only to stay up too many hours longer.

I'm trading my 4-5 IV but flawed in some way (missing IV, wrong nature, and/or wrong ability) breeding rejects for other 4-5 IV Pokémon.

I have:

2 Snorlax (4 IV, Immunity)
3 Dratini (4-5 IV)
7 Bulbasaur (4-5 IV)
8 Abra (4-5 IV)
14 Charmander (5 IV)

I'm looking for other 4+ IV Pokémon, preferably male, to give me better Egg Group coverage for future breeding. If you're interested, PM me with your FC and trainer name, my FC is in my profile.

Also, they all have Pokérus if people are still having trouble acquiring that, but if all you want is Pokérus, I have random safari Charmeleons to trade instead.

I would be interested in a Dratini / Bulbasaur / and Charmander if you have a female one, I have some immunity gligar, Pumpkaboos, speed boost venipede and Klefki.

Tenck

Man I almost realized when it was too late that some moves get deleted in the Daycare center for moves learned while leveled up. Almost lost my Belly Drum Marill. Luckily I had stuffed some rejects far away from others, away from my sight, and safe from deletion till when I needed them :p

FSLink

Banned
Man I almost realized when it was too late that some moves get deleted in the Daycare center for moves learned while leveled up. Almost lost my Belly Drum Marill. Luckily I had stuffed some rejects far away from others, away from my sight, and safe from deletion till when I needed them :p

This isn't a problem anymore you know, you can use Heart Scales to relearn egg moves.

macklelol

You can just relearn the egg moves now.

blamite

So, right now my game isn't letting me get back to the Home menu... Every time I press the Home button the lower screen just shows a crossed out Home icon for a few seconds. At first I thought maybe it was just because I was still connected to the internet, but that's not it... This is happening regardless of what town I'm in, what menu I'm on in-game, anything.

Anyone else experienced this bug? I realize I could just turn my 3DS off but I'm worried if I do my save would be corrupted or something...

edit: I gave i and took the risk and reset my system. Loaded the game up and everything's fine. whew.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
45 hours, finally on Victory Road.

Man, I'm so slow... :D

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Got 3 pickup pokes around 80/90+ time to get lucky and start hoarding lefties for future trades bahaha...or just end up with tons of bs and no lefties.

Top Bottom