• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Busaiku

I've heard many horror stories about this guy, so I think I want one. Can I get on that list?

EDIT: NOOOOOOOO!!!! Missed by two posts...
If you can get on right now, that'd be great.

Smedwicks
Fury Sense
PRjumpman124
SeZMehK
Riou
blue_phazon
PBalfredo
Skull Hydra

I'm... I'm heavily considering having no attacking moves on this Meowstic, and just use speedy ass priority Taunt to counter any taunters I run into...

Someone talk me out of it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm... I'm heavily considering having no attacking moves on this Meowstic, and just use speedy ass priority Taunt to counter any taunters I run into...

Someone talk me out of it.
With this knowledge, your opponents can destroy your other Pokemon, leaving your Meowstic there to watch the bloodshed.

With this knowledge, your opponents can destroy your other Pokemon, leaving your Meowstic there to watch the bloodshed.

If it gets to that point, I'm probably screwed anyway. BUT, I know it's a terrible idea.
If only I could have five moves...

EDIT: Dammit just hatched an almost perfect one... Correct everything... except for ability. Fuckin' Hidden Abilities.

ALM5252

I finally caught a Shiny Noctowl. :)

2013-11-11002231_zps6454abfe.jpg

Been trying for days! Really happy that I got one. Now I'm gonna do some battle maison stuff to get the ability capsule to make my Greninja have Protean.

Sooo, I was just minding my own business and Horde EV Training, when suddenly I encounter and catch this:

These things always appear when you least expect it lol.

This just made me think of the worst thing possible:

Horde training speed, getting a 4x Seviper, 1x Zangoose horde (or 4x Zangoose 1x Seviper if you're playing X), having the 1x be shiny, and not being able to capture it before the 4x kills it.

It'd be so great if the 200BP item in Battle Maison was actually an item that would switch Shininess from one Pokemon to another of the same species, so you could feasibly use any of the ones you found in the grass.

Unicorn

Alright, so I checked and saw only 1 Skill Link Cinccino left, but Neteio and MicH both want one.

So, what I'm gonna do is have my Coat mate with his mother and produce an army.
I'm taking signups now.

I don't need anything specific, so don't worry.

uH095J1.png

And they'll all be in Premier Balls!

So far I've got...
MicH
Neteio
I want in

Firestorm

Finally caught Zapdos. Wanted Modest but screw it. Good enough:

Zapdos - #145 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 14
Def: 21
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

This just made me think of the worst thing possible:

Horde training speed, getting a 4x Seviper, 1x Zangoose horde (or 4x Zangoose 1x Seviper if you're playing X), having the 1x be shiny, and not being able to capture it before the 4x kills it.

that already pissed me off when I was trying to catch a normal Zangoose >_>
I ended up using a low-level Pokemon with Earthquake lol

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I hope someone knows the answer to this. There is a hex maniac in Anistar poke center who gives out a tm a day. is it in-game days or does it follow my 3ds's built in calendar?

how long is an in-game day anyway? reaaally need substitute, have little patience lol.

that already pissed me off when I was trying to catch a normal Zangoose >_>
I ended up using a low-level Pokemon with Earthquake lol

Smart! I tried for a little bit, gave up, then went on the GTS only to see people asking for ridiculous trades in return for Zangoose. I'll have to try low level Earthquake!

SeZMehK

Thanks again for the minccino busaiku. I'm starting to fall asleep with the game running. I'll continue to work on my marill tomorrow.

Firestorm

I hope someone knows the answer to this. There is a hex maniac in Anistar poke center who gives out a tm a day. is it in-game days or does it follow my 3ds's built in calendar?

how long is an in-game day anyway? reaaally need substitute, have little patience lol.
The game follows your 3DS clock.

spiritfox

Alright I'm fucking pissed off. This is the stupidest thing ever. Why on earth must I do this stupid minigame just to get stones? It's not even fun. I just want to evolve stuff.

Neiteio

Wherein my Sableye virtually one-shots Garchomp, and my Carbink destroys Mega Kangaskhan (I could hear his/her screams of fury emanating from Japan):

KLAW-WWWW-WWW2-P8G4

Trakan

Anyone know of a site that shows all the older Pokemon who are only viewable through like the Battle Maison or Institute in their new X/Y 3D models? Just curious to see how some of them look now.

He beats half of Japan on rated Battle Spot 3v3. :)

Hardest check to every Talonflame ever. Only took 19 damage from a Brave Bird, and OHKO'd with Power Gem after Stealth Rock.

Even 4X Steel-type attacks don't usually OHKO him, due to base 150 Defense and base 150 Sp. Defense. If they do, Sturdy kicks in.

Always enough to get a screen up. Usually BOTH screens, AND Stealth Rock.

Carbink is an incredible utility 'mon.
T Tar and others can take on talonflame as well
I'd rather not have such a lopsided poke on my team

FSLink

Banned
Anyone know of a site that shows all the older Pokemon who are only viewable through like the Battle Maison or Institute in their new X/Y 3D models? Just curious to see how some of them look now.

I don't believe there is one yet.

Pokemon like Infernape look amazing with the transition to 3D.

ramyeon

Tried to set my day ahead by two and the hex maniac isn't fooled. damn you gf.
Yeah time works but not date. Changing the date forward also messes up those daily events until it rectifies itself again, so it probably won't work for you for another two days until you get past that date you went forward to (This is if you saved at all).

Top Bottom