• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I know I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but would any of you with Dittos in your Friend Safaris mind trading FCs with me?

I'd be much obliged. Breeding and all that, you know.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
A kind Spanish gave me a pokérus-infected Axew :eek:
How do I keep it ? (in the PC right ?) ? How can I infect other pokémon with it ? Does anybody want one ?
Yes, store at least one clean copy of Pokerus in the PC at all times. You infect other Pokemon by having it adjacent (is this still a thing) to an infected Pokemon and going through a couple battles; you can run from them and still get infected.

I just caught a Bashful Xerneas. I'm happy with it in a quick ball (with the X pattern) but maybe I should re-capture it with a premier ball? I just wish it were a darker blue.

45 hours, finally on Victory Road.

Man, I'm so slow... :D

I'm 160 hours in, have 7 badges and as you can see, just caught the first legendary.

I finally started playing on battle spot today. So tense

I'm 7W/7L so far. My favourite thing to do so far has been throwing out Volcarona against Klefkis with Lum Berry. Works every time lol

Biggest surprise was my Lucario surviving an overheat from Talonflame. Dude is a complete bitch 95% of the time but somehow he held on. Too bad he still died though

ramyeon

I kept getting shitty Gligar while breeding and then the last in my batch is randomly all 6 IVs perfect haha. Not gonna complain.

I'm lookoing for a male Field egg group pokemon with 5/4 ivs. Bonus if its in another egg group too. Anybody got something? I can offer 4 iv Noibat, Aron, Goomy, 3 iv protean Froakie, Klefki.

Fireblend

Banned
Does anyone have a 3/4/5 IV Protean Froakie they can spare? I can offer 5/4-IV Mawiles in return (one of those being 0 speed, for use with trick room or breeding other 0-speed 'mons in the same group), as well as Jungle Vivillons if you're pattern-collecting,

CrimsonN0

So how broken is Speedboost Mega Blaziken?

My Shuckle has had an easy time defeating them in Random Singles unless they they have Power Up Punch or Swords Dance and keep boosting their Attack.
Its actually kind of funny how much their Speed keeps Boosting, but they're unable to actually harm him(unless they have Power Up Punch or Swords Dance).

Kokonoe

Banned
In singles? Really broken if you're not packing priority moves.

In every other format? Piece of cake so long as you focus it before it can get momentum.

Hmm...I may have to change some moves up when I transfer my IV team from Pokebank. Thanks.

My Shuckle has had an easy time defeating them in Random Singles unless they they have Power Up Punch or Swords Dance and keep boosting their Attack.
Its actually kind of funny how much their Speed keeps Boosting, but they're unable to actually harm him(unless they have Power Up Punch or Swords Dance).

Shuckle? That's awesome. I had no idea it was competitive.

EMT0

Banned
GAF, I did it! Just hatched my Shiny Marill around the ~350 egg mark!

It's Adamant, has Aqua Jet, Thick Fat(gonna change that later), and its IVs are 31/31/31/X/27/20. First shiny I've gotten on my own, ever.

CrimsonN0

Hmm...I may have to change some moves up when I transfer my IV team from Pokebank. Thanks.

Shuckle? That's awesome. I had no idea it was competitive.

I don't actually know how competitive it really is, but it been working for me against most pure offense pokemon. Xerneas, Garchomp, MegaBlaziken, MegaTyrantitar, etc have all fallen to it.
I probably could have been killed by the MegaTyranitar, but he was down to 1/2 HP before he realized Rock Slide worked better than Earthquake.
It kinda has problems against pokemon that get off multiple Attack boosts, Rest-users, or other Toxic stallers, though.

DedValve

Banned
Question guys, I'm playing the game in spanish but I got an English Ninetales.

The female drought Ninetales only has 1 good IV in SP.A and I'm going to breed it with a male drought vulpix with at least 3 perfect IV's.

If I give the male the destiny knot that will guarantee that all babies get his IV's right? If not then I'm in need of a good IV foreign vulpix/ninetales

I don't actually know how competitive it really is, but it been working for me against most pure offense pokemon. Xerneas, Garchomp, MegaBlaziken, MegaTyrantitar, etc have all fallen to it.
I probably could have been killed by the MegaTyranitar, but he was down to 1/2 HP before he realized Rock Slide worked better than Earthquake.
It kinda has problems against pokemon that get off multiple Attack boosts, Rest-users, or other Toxic stallers, though.

Do you carry Power Split or Taunt? Both are really useful for shutting sweepers down, and the former especially is great if you feel like making the opponent rage :V

CrimsonN0

The female drought Ninetales only has 1 good IV in SP.A and I'm going to breed it with a male drought vulpix with at least 3 perfect IV's.

If I give the male the destiny knot that will guarantee that all babies get his IV's right? If not then I'm in need of a good IV foreign vulpix/ninetales

Its 5IVs chosen from the combined 12IVs of the parents.
You might get lucky, though.I once managed to get the 5IVs I wanted from a set of parents that had 2IV and 3IV that I wanted.

Holmes

GAF, I did it! Just hatched my Shiny Marill around the ~350 egg mark!

It's Adamant, has Aqua Jet, Thick Fat(gonna change that later), and its IVs are 31/31/31/X/27/20. First shiny I've gotten on my own, ever.
:D

Welcome to the shiny Marill club!

Morokh

Destiny Knot passes 5 IV's randomly from both parents, so you can end up with all perfect IV's passed down, none of them, or something in between.
It'll take 5 IV's from the twelve stats from the parents and generate the rest randomly.

You might want to find another foreign one with 4/5 IV's and breed it with another with as many if you really want to maximise your chances.

EMT0

Banned
:D

Welcome to the shiny Marill club!

3s6g0s.jpg

DedValve

Banned
Its 5IVs chosen from the combined 12IVs of the parents.
You might get lucky, though.I once managed to get the 5IVs I wanted from a set of parents that had 2IV and 3IV that I wanted.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Welp time to hunt me a good non spanish vulpix/ninetales.

CrimsonN0

Do you carry Power Trick or Taunt? Both are really useful for shutting sweepers down, and the former especially is great if you feel like making the opponent rage :V

My Shuckle has Power Split which averages the Attack of the user and target.
It doesn't affect stat boosts, though, so they could eventually boost back up.

MicH

I saw some pretty good, unconventional Pokemon (or, well some I haven't encountered online before) in our multi battles yesterday like Muk, abisharp, the amazing Cinccino and Shuckle of course. So much fun to battle these instead of Goodra, Blaziken and Greninja all the time

My Shuckle has Power Split which averages the Attack of the user and target.
It doesn't affect stat boosts, though, so they could eventually boost back up.

Try using Taunt. It prevents them from boosting altogether, and also protects you from statuses like Poisoned or Burned!

Holmes

I saw some pretty good, unconventional Pokemon (or, well some I haven't encountered online before) in our multi battles yesterday like Muk, abisharp, the amazing Cinccino and Shuckle of course. So much fun to battle these instead of Goodra, Blaziken and Greninja all the time
This is why I'm breeding a looot of Pokemon. Always best and fun to keep rotating the mons around instead of always using the same 3 or 6. And it's fun to discover who works well together and who doesn't.

Kokonoe

Banned

Keep rockin' it then because the stuff that catches people off guard is usually what makes you win in Pokemon.

Shuckle can get Defog when Pokemon Bank comes out. I'd imagine Infestation is a pretty good move for it.

what's wrong with Goodra or Greninja >_>

CrimsonN0

Try using Taunt. It prevents them from boosting altogether, and also protects you from statuses like Poisoned or Burned!

Thats true, but then I wouldn't know what to do with his other moves, though.
I've also been using Infestation to trap and whittle down their HP along with Toxic.
Dig to help stall out and after Power Splitting it can actually make a difference in a fight.

Top Bottom