• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

7yp03Zr.jpg

what this on Pokemon X icon ? first time i see it
Streetpass hit. Check the holocaster out in the PSS and claim your reward (2.7 Pokemiles, so basically a waste of time).

MegaMelon

It's funny how in 5th gen it would take forever to get a right natured and ability mon bred with only 3 perfect Ivs, with flawless spreads only available to those who RNG'd but now, anyone with a bit of patience can get perfect flawless pokemon ;)

I'm at work right now, but I'll PM you as soon as I'm ready to trade (I was out late with friends last night and forgot to respond to your message, sorry >_<).

Don't worry about it! I've bred a ton since last night so I should be able to give you some good ones. If you want I can give you a male and female with some good IV's to make the breeding process easier for you.

And on that note, I FINALLY got the Swinub I need: 31/31/31/x/31/31, Adamant, and with Icicle Crash! :D

MicH

Don't worry about it! I've bred a ton since last night so I should be able to give you some good ones. If you want I can give you a male and female with some good IV's to make the breeding process easier for you.

And on that note, I FINALLY got the Swinub I need: 31/31/31/x/31/31, Adamant, and with Icicle Crash! :D
Do you have any leftover males with Icicle Crash? I have a variety of stuff to offer

ZenaxPure

It's funny how in 5th gen it would take forever to get a right natured and ability mon bred with only 3 perfect Ivs, with flawless spreads only available to those who RNG'd but now, anyone with a bit of patience can get perfect flawless pokemon ;)

It's just way funnier how all of our annoyance threshold is now "What, ONLY four perfect IVs? Stupid video game."

I think I had 1 pokemon in my gen 5 team that had more than 3 perfect IVs.

Do you have any leftover males with Icicle Crash? I have a variety of stuff to offer

I have a shitton of Swinubs leftover. No necessary guarantee on how many perfect IV's they have. PM me with what you have and we can work something out! :)

:O

You're a peach, Smed. What would you like in return? I've got a bunch of Calm Serene Grace 3+ IV Togepi if you'd like one.

That would be awesome :D Any chance you'd still have one of those Sableyes as well? If not, that's all good, a Togepi is still awesome.

Theres so many threads on this game and the same type of discussion seems to be happening in all of them so im not entirely sure where to post this.

Is there more of a casual battling scene out there? The whole breeding for IV's and EV training is a whole lot deeper than i care/have time to do. I dislike the fact that there are so many cookie cutter type teams as well.

Also just out of curiosity, i do recall seeing something along the lines that the EV numbers shown in super training arent 100% accurate. If thats the case, has anyone really done a detailed comparison between the old style EV training vs super training?

That would be awesome :D Any chance you'd still have one of those Sableyes as well? If not, that's all good, a Togepi is still awesome.

Yup, I've got a Sableye with your name on it!

Speaking of names, do you want me to nickname either of the Pokémon I'm trading you, or will you just be using them for breeding.

MegaMelon

It's just way funnier how all of our annoyance threshold is now "What, ONLY four perfect IVs? Stupid video game."

I think I had 1 pokemon in my gen 5 team that had more than 3 perfect IVs.

Aha yes, I had at the most 3 IVs back in gen 5. Funnily enough, there's no point transferring them over now...though I'll do it for the memories I've had with them. That said, I still think IVs should be replaced with something similar but not so irritating. That just gave me a stupid idea. Microtransaction DLC in pokemon where you pay to get a pokemon with a 40 iv in each stat *shudders*

ZenaxPure

Made it to round 43 of the mansion and the enemy suddenly had 6 legendary pokemon. Well ok then, wasn't expecting the game to just not even bother ramping up to that since the previous fight was just random dudes. Still won pretty easily though, just surprised me.

Holmes

Question about the Masuda method. Do the two Pokemon have to be from different countries, or different regions? Basically, can I perform this method with one Pokemon from Canada, and another from the US?

MicH

Question about the Masuda method. Do the two Pokemon have to be from different countries, or different regions? Basically, can I perform this method with one Pokemon from Canada, and another from the US?
Pretty sure it's based on language. If you're playing in English you need a Pokemon from someone playing in French, Japanese, German, Korean etc

Sanic

The more I play, the more bummed out I am that they took out content related to days of the week.

Do day/night cycles actually effect anything this time around?

Unicorn

Theres so many threads on this game and the same type of discussion seems to be happening in all of them so im not entirely sure where to post this.

Is there more of a casual battling scene out there? The whole breeding for IV's and EV training is a whole lot deeper than i care/have time to do. I dislike the fact that there are so many cookie cutter type teams as well.

Also just out of curiosity, i do recall seeing something along the lines that the EV numbers shown in super training arent 100% accurate. If thats the case, has anyone really done a detailed comparison between the old style EV training vs super training?
I've noticed a warping to the shown representation. The first 50 or so EV look to take up a lot of the space but I think it is a design choice to show you the beginnings. Dunno how to explain it.

Bladelaw

The first run of Team Eevee was a shocking success vs AI.

At level 50 my team was able to clear the E4 and champion. The hardest fight interestingly enough was Aegislash. My lack of fire attacks is proving problematic. I need to check Hidden Powers and see if anyone (preferably Umbreon) gets fire.

I'll play around in the Maison and hit up a couple wifi battles to see where I need to improve. I'm not sure who should lead in. Vaporeon to set up rain? Sylveon for screens? Jolteon for first strike?

MicH

So I need to clean out my boxes and I have a lot of leftover stuff to give away. If you guys want any of it, please PM me. Anything that doesn't get claimed gets released.

PLEASE NOTE when I list multiple IVs (like 3-4) it means I haven't marked the IVs of many of them. Some of them have been used as parents for the other Pokemon and may have had their egg move overwritten. These can be relearned at the Move Reminder in Dendemille

I have the following:

1x 31/31/31/31/x/31 male Hasty Torrent Froakie (excellent to breed other things or Protean Froakies)
19 x 4 IV Hasty Protean Froakies - some are leveled as they have been used as parents - they have no EVs

2x 4 IV Adamant Tyrunt w/ Dragon Dance. One male (level 1), one female (level 24, used as a parent, shuld be able to relearn Dragon Dance)

28x 2-5 IV Modest Gooey Goomy (IVs unknown)

16x 2-4 IV Modest Rotom

12x 3-4 IV Bold Anticipation Eeves w/ Wish. Some have been used as parents and thus no longer has Wish. should be relearnable at Move Reminder

5x 3-4 IV Timid Anticipation Eevees w/ Wish (some have been in the daycare)
12x 3-4 IV Timid Adaptability / Run Away Eevees w/ Wish (also been leveled)

3x 3-4 IV Jolly Anticipation Eevees w/ Wish (some used in daycare)
4x 3-4 IV Jolly Adaptability / Run Away Eevees w/ Wish (some used in daycare)

10x 3-4 IV Adamant Intimidate Mawile

Again, please PM me if you want anything and what you want. You can send me whatever you want in return, but some of your leftover breeds would be nice, of course

So I need to clean out my boxes and I have a lot of leftover stuff to give away. If you guys want any of it, please PM me. Anything that doesn't get claimed gets released.

PLEASE NOTE when I list multiple IVs (like 3-4) it means I haven't marked the IVs of many of them. Some of them have been used as parents for the other Pokemon and may have had their egg move overwritten. These can be relearned at the Move Reminder in Dendemille

I have the following:

1x 31/31/31/31/x/31 male Hasty Torrent Froakie (excellent to breed other things or Protean Froakies)
19 x 4 IV Hasty Protean Froakies - some are leveled as they have been used as parents - they have no EVs

1 PERFECT Adamant Tyrunt (31/31/31/x/31/31) - level 47, no EVs (daycare) should be able to relearn Dragon Dance at Move Reminder
2x 4 IV Adamant Tyrunt w/ Dragon Dance. One male (level 1), one female (level 24, used as a parent, shuld be able to relearn Dragon Dance)

28x 2-5 IV Modest Gooey Goomy (IVs unknown)
1 PERFECT Modest HYDRATION Goomy (31/x/31/31/31/31) - lvl 1, female

16x 2-4 IV Modest Rotom

12x 3-4 IV Bold Anticipation Eeves w/ Wish. Some have been used as parents and thus no longer has Wish. should be relearnable at Move Reminder

5x 3-4 IV Timid Anticipation Eevees w/ Wish (some have been in the daycare)
12x 3-4 IV Timid Adaptability / Run Away Eevees w/ Wish (also been leveled)

3x 3-4 IV Jolly Anticipation Eevees w/ Wish (some used in daycare)
4x 3-4 IV Jolly Adaptability / Run Away Eevees w/ Wish (some used in daycare)

10x 3-4 IV Adamant Intimidate Mawile

Again, please PM me if you want anything and what you want. You can send me whatever you want in return, but some of your leftover breeds would be nice, of course

PM'd you.

Tenck

Since I was tired of watching assholes with their Azumarills run wild online with their Belly Drum + Aqua Jet, I decided to breed some. I've got one reject with x/31/31/x/31/31 that I'd like to give away. It has Huge Power and its nature is Adamant.

Neiteio

At the office right now, but I want to get back to training, lol.

Since I was tired of watching assholes with their Azumarills run wild online with their Belly Drum + Aqua Jet, I decided to breed some. I've got one reject with x/31/31/x/31/31 that I'd like to give away. It has Huge Power and its nature is Adamant.
In my many battles against Japan, the only "tried and true" Pokémon that has given #TeamCarbink trouble is Mega Kangaskhan (who is now on my team, lol), and to a far lesser degree, Mega Mawile (who I also have, on one of my alternate teams). I never have trouble against Garchomp or Tyranitar -- I usually one-shot those two -- and I rarely have trouble with Bellyjet Azumarill, Talonflame, Mega Gengar, Gyarados and other staple Pokémon. I'm even shutting down Wash Rotoms fairly easily now, thanks to Prankster Sableye.

The Pokémon that have proven most difficult are ones I didn't expect, this being my first gen battling competitively. Probably the most impressive Pokémon was Gogoat -- with his immense health, and a potent combination of Leftovers/Leech Seed/Horn Leech/Milk Drink, he was able to endure many SE special attacks, while Bulk Up boosted his Attack and Defense for greater resilience and an even stronger (and more health-replenishing) Horn Leech. He's on my short list of Pokémon I'd like to try. Some of the new additions to my team are meant to get through him.

Another Pokémon that proved difficult was Toxic Orb Poison Heal Breloom with Spore, which I believe ScraftyDevil is now raising. I can see why -- if he gets the jump on your Pokémon, he's quite difficult to overcome. The one I faced had Substitute, and unfortunately it was 3v3 and my Infiltrator Noivern was benched that battle. :-\

And then there's Cinccino. When Busaiku and I battled, I one-shotted the little guy, IIRC (Busaiku went on to beat me), but I know what he can do: Another player locked my Carbink into OHKO (first time I'd seen one!) with Skill Link Bullet Seed. That was the first and last time I ever tried to set up against that guy. All resists and brute power against Cinccino from here on out!

TL;DR: The Pokémon that have proven difficult to battle are the Pokémon I didn't expect. I like to think that my Carbink has surprised many Battle Spot players in the same way (the video I posted the other day with Carbink stalling full HP Mega Kangaskhan to death being one example, lol).

Still giving it away?

Anything in particular you want?

Wichu

Finally, a shiny Chespin!

Adamant/Overgrow 31/0/31/x/31/31. RNG WHY.

Looks like I'm carrying on :/

EDIT:
Done! From now on, this Pokémon shall be known as Failure!
You're right, that does seem to fit it better. Nicely done!
Name rater knows what's up :(

MGrant

Posting again for my poor little Phantump: would anyone be able to help me trade/trade back so he can become a Trevenant? Thanks!

5215-0544-6059

Top Bottom