• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Looking for HA Sableye. I can offer 4 iv Goomy, Aron, 3 iv Protean Froakie, Magician Fenniken.

(Reposting on this page since I assume barely anyone saw it on the other page.)

Also, I'm playing Super Triples in Battle Maison now. Just went up against a team of what looked like the most frightening mofos. Hydreigon, Nidoking, Tyrantrum. I was actually kind of worried. My team then proceeded to one shot all three of them. (Noivern, Goodra, Klefki)

FFWG-WWWW-WWW2-Q3TG for anyone whos bored.

Korosenai

Sorry to ask again, but does anyone have a Joltik? No one on my friends list has an electric friend safari, and I tried the gts but didnt have any luck.

Anyone have any recommendations for a nature for Goodra?

Edit: I should say I have a modest one and a calm one, one is Japanese so I might try and do it for Masuda...

Wazzy

Banned
What are you going for? X or Y? I've been thinking adamant with DD for mine (I want to go X)

Definitley go for DD if you're using X. I've dominated in singles with him however you need to watch out for fairy's If you decide on outrage over dragon claw.

PBalfredo

Modest/Timid for Charizard Y. Adamant/Jolly for X. Naive if you're going mixed with either.

Modest or Timid then. Unless you want to use physical moves as well, then go Naive.

I just got a male 31/31/31/31/X/31 Modest Charmander right now. If I give this guy the Everstone to pass down his nature, and the Destiny Knot to its mate (currently just a Ditto, haven't breed any good females yet) will the Destiny Knot potentially pass down Charmander's IV's as well as Ditto's, or just Ditto's?

Is 5 31's the most a pokemon can have, or can you get them 6 31's across the board?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just got a male 31/31/31/31/X/31 Modest Charmander right now. If I give this guy the Everstone to pass down his nature, and the Destiny Knot to its mate (currently just a Ditto, haven't breed any good females yet) will the Destiny Knot potentially pass down Charmander's IV's as well as Ditto's, or just Ditto's?

Is 5 31's the most a pokemon can have, or can you get them 6 31's across the board?

6 is hard as hell but doable. I think the knot will just pass down the stats of the one holding it. If you have an extra charmander with those sorts of stats left over after you're done I'll trade you something for one.

I just wrote up a Smogon strategy-length post on a fakemon. Would you guys mind if I post it here, or would you rather I save you the wall of text and just make a blog post about it and link it?

Anteo

6 is hard as hell but doable. I think the knot will just pass down the stats of the one holding it. If you have an extra charmander with those sorts of stats left over after you're done I'll trade you something for one.

Nope, it passes stats from either parent at random.

Wazzy

Banned
Hey Bus, do you have any extra Cinccino's?

I was thinking DClaw, FBlitz and Steel Wing to cover the faries.

Dclaw is smart. I'm starting to question using outrage since it's very risky. Anyway, I use flame burst since it helps in doubles and it doesn't damage me. It's also good so that you don't make contact if you happen to hit a Aegislash using kings shield. I also opted for Eathquake since it takes care of electrick, fire, rock ,etc. I do wonder how Steel wing would work competitivley.

Anteo

Really? That sounds slightly annoying.

Not really, if you have one with perfect HP/Sp Att/ Sp Def and the other with perfect HP/ Def / Spd. Destiny know gives you a chance to get more than 3 perfect IV's from either parent. So you can get a new mon with 4 or even 5 perfect stats at some point.

And considering safari mon have at least 2 perfect (31) IV's...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey Bus, do you have any extra Cinccino's?

Dclaw is smart. I'm starting to question using outrage since it's very risky. Anyway, I use flame burst since it helps in doubles and it doesn't damage me. It's also good so that you don't make contact if you happen to hit a Aegislash using kings shield. I also opted for Eathquake since it takes care of electrick, fire, rock ,etc. I do wonder how Steel wing would work competitivley.

I was thinking of it just so he won't get walled by Azumarill, but now that I look the water type shields him from it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've held of Masuda-ing in hopes that the Shiny Charm will be obtainable without the event Pokemon of Kalos.

PBalfredo

Sure. I'll try for a 6 IV Charmander, and in doing so I'm sure I'll have plenty of 4-5 IV's left over. It would be a plus if you have any good IV Eevees to trade, or Dittos with more than 2 IVs to make my breeding easier.

PRjumpman124
Riou
blue_phazon
PBalfredo
Unicorn
Wazzy

Contact me whenever you want your Minccino.

I think I already got a Minccino from you.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sure. I'll try for a 6 IV Charmander, and in doing so I'm sure I'll have plenty of 4-5 IV's left over. It would be a plus if you have any good IV Eevees to trade, or Dittos with more than 2 IVs to make my breeding easier.

I think I already got a Minccino from you.

I sent most of my Eevees away, I might have one or two left though.

Looking for HA Sableye. I can offer 4 iv Goomy, Aron, 3 iv Protean Froakie, Magician Fenniken.

(Reposting on this page since I assume barely anyone saw it on the other page.)

Also, I'm playing Super Triples in Battle Maison now. Just went up against a team of what looked like the most frightening mofos. Hydreigon, Nidoking, Tyrantrum. I was actually kind of worried. My team then proceeded to one shot all three of them. (Noivern, Goodra, Klefki)

FFWG-WWWW-WWW2-Q3TG for anyone whos bored.
I have one with 5 IVs if you still need one. I don't need anything in return.

I have one with 5 IVs if you still need one. I don't need anything in return.

I would love you forever. I know we're friends already. I'm Jury.

Edit: I hope a Happiny is helpful for you. At the very least they GTS for almost anything you want.

Edit Edit: And a 4 iv Klefki dumpster baby. :p

MicH

Yeah, I'm only at like 125 Ralts or so (stopped counting as I'm just releasing them though). Gimme that blue Ralts!

MicH

I hope you're Shiny Ralts gets better IVs than mine. :(

Spoiler: I already have one in White 2 (from Pokeradar in Diamond). Mild nature, shitty ass IVs.

But the parents I'm using for this are two 5 IV ones (thank you Japanese dude!) and most have 5, some have 4 max IVs. So it better be a good one :p

Shamelessly crossposting alongside community thread: I whipped up a theoretical analysis for an old fakemon of mine known as Isulven, which is designed as a speedy (but durable) pseudolegendary supporter. Click the pic to go to the full article.

And here's a preview if you need motivation in the form of its Special Sweeper set, which is probably the most interesting from a gameplay perspective.

Special Sweeper
Isulven @ Focus Sash
Ability: Slipstream
4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Soak
- Scald
- Frost Breath / Freeze Dry
- Substitute / Numb / Calm Mind

The obvious objective here is to use the Speed increase to get in at least one Calm Mind or possibly a Substitute while the opponent sets up, with a bare minimum of one boost being all but ensured thanks to Focus Sash. Afterwards, you can Scald to hopefully burn and reduce the Attack of any beefy threats. Frost Breath, once again, is helpful against buffed opponents, while Soak / Freeze Dry can hit virtually everything for super-effective damage thanks to Freeze Dry hitting water-types hard.

Credit to Neiteio for the ability idea - Slipstream kicks up a five-turn Tailwind (doubles speed of all party members) in a similar vein to weather effect abilities.

5V Honedge trained and ready to go... man, it's funny rejecting 3V/4V/5V children when I would've killed for them in G3/4/5, lol

I just wrote up a Smogon strategy-length post on a fakemon. Would you guys mind if I post it here, or would you rather I save you the wall of text and just make a blog post about it and link it?
edit: NVM, saw you had a blog post in Community :)

Spoiler: I already have one in White 2 (from Pokeradar in Diamond). Mild nature, shitty ass IVs.

But the parents I'm using for this are two 5 IV ones (thank you Japanese dude!) and most have 5, some have 4 max IVs. So it better be a good one :p
Once you're done with that Japanese one, I would LOVE to get my hands on it if you'd be willing to let me!
As long as it's either male or in a Luxury Ball...

Whoa that's great! Good luck!
My Ralt's Japanese mother only had 2 Max IVs...

MicH

Once you're done with that Japanese one, I would LOVE to get my hands on it if you'd be willing to let me!
As long as it's either male or in a Luxury Ball...
I have two 5 IV Japanese Ralts, a male and a female who, together can make a perfect 6 IV child (theoretically). But both are in Pokeballs so I'm using the male, of course. If/when I get one you can have (borrow:p) it, sure :p I needed that Luxury ball as well, so if anyone needs Ralts I have about 20. All Timid, most with Trace, some with Synchronize 4-5 max IVs.

Whoa that's great! Good luck!
My Ralt's Japanese mother only had 2 Max IVs...
Well, you got one at least :eek: The one I got had 31 IVs in HP, 10 in SpA ouch.

Looking to trade FS Dittos with all natures ( some with 3 perfect IVS) for 3-5 IV pokemon. I'm really looking for Charmander and Cloyster, but I'm open to all offers!

That ability seems so broken... awesome Pokémon though!

It probably would be the same level of broken as Sand Stream Tyranitar. Ice / Psychic is one of the worst typings imaginable, though, so there's at least a smorgasbord of counters available. Malamar and Ferrothorn immediately come to mind. Hell, even a bulky Trevenant could probably out-stall it thanks to the emphasis on gradual damage meaning Numb would have little to no effect.

Neiteio

That ability seems so broken... awesome Pokémon though!
An equally broken fakemon ability could be Tangled Web -- upon entering the battlefield, a Sticky Web is immediately deployed.

It could be for a spider legendary banned to ubers, a.k.a. It's OK To Be Broken. :p

Speaking of legendary fakemon, I thought up a "walking rainforest" Pokemon once, like Venusaur on steroids. All about stall tactics and support, weathering attacks with high defenses and HP and healing its teammates. :O

It would be a Grass-type and have a new ability, Evergreen, which makes it immune to Ice-type attacks. :O

Of course, this would exist in a Gen VII where the Ice-type gains many new resists and advantages.

I have two 5 IV Japanese Ralts, a male and a female who, together can make a perfect 6 IV child (theoretically). But both are in Pokeballs so I'm using the male, of course. If/when I get one you can have (borrow:p) it, sure :p I needed that Luxury ball as well, so if anyone needs Ralts I have about 20. All Timid, most with Trace, some with Synchronize 4-5 max IVs.
I would love that! I won't be needing it until after Pokébank comes out though. (I'll take you up on that female Luxury Ball Raltz as well. =P)

Top Bottom