• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MGrant

Thanks for the help evolving Phantump, Church! I'll pay it forward. Let me know if there are any mons you need help evolving in the future.

Neiteio

He has DDance at the moment but that sounds doable aswell. Hmm.
Alternatively, you can use Speed Boost Scolipede to Baton Pass him Speed Boosts and Sword Dances. Equip a Focus Sash to survive (most hits) and get in at least one Speed Boost and Swords Dance, and then Baton Pass next turn, so long as your opponent doesn't off you with priority.

Carbink is safer with his durability and Sturdy, IMO, provided Trick Room won't disable the rest of your team, lol. Tyrantrum with Assault Vest and Light Screen would last a good while. You'd have to give up Dragon Dance if you use Assault Vest, though. I personally find hitting for less and lasting longer with higher defenses to be preferable to giving the enemy a free turn while you boost Attack/Speed and try to sweep.

PK Gaming

Has anyone else had any luck actually using their favorites in battle? I don't know that my case is the most fair since a lot of my favorites factor in playstyle in addition to appearance, but I've been having some pretty consistent success on showdown using Avalugg / Chandelure or Volcarona / Haxorus / Malamar / Scizor / Togekiss. For some reason nobody really expects Lum Berry Haxorus during late-game.

That being said, I'd love an offensively-oriented ice-type in the future (gamefweak pls). Greninja is in my top 10 designs in general, too, but I'd have to figure out a spot for him.

I have to say, Malamar has definitely earned its way into my favorites along with Scizor and Togekiss. The design is amazing (especially that fucking smirk), and the typing, unexpectedness and Contrary just elevate it to GOAT status.

Hmm

Out of my top 6 favorite Pokemon
-Aggron, Haxorus and Breloom range from decent to good
-Mew isn't legal yet
-Raichu is pretty outclassed, but I plan on using it for fun
-Zoroark got way too many nerfs. I don't think I can carry on... D:

Overall, I think I came out pretty decently. Up until in Gen V, the majority of the Pokemon I liked were either unusable or flatout bad.

EDIT: That shiny Tyrantrum is awesome. Congrats on getting it!

upandaway

Man, Wonder Trade is so dependent on the time of day. In a certain time I got a Japanese Wish Anticipation 4 IV Eevee, as well as a ton of awesome 4 IV Pokemon. Right now all I get are wild Bunnelbys and Flabebes.

Busaiku

Smedwicks
Fury Sense
PRjumpman124
SeZMehK
Riou
blue_phazon
PBalfredo
Unicorn

I've got a bunch of Mincinno, pick them up when you can.

Neiteio

I'm going to test out my new Metagross with Weakness Policy later tonight on Battle Spot. My gamble is that full HP investment means I'll usually move second, but under Reflect and Light Screen I should be able to easily eat an Earthquake or Fire Blast, and then when Weakness Policy activates my full Attack investment Adamant build should hit back with nuclear force the very same turn. And then boosted priority Bullet Punch the start of the next turn, if needed.

Thanks again to Ultimadrago for the perfect Beldum specimen. I raised it with love and care! Always loved Metagross -- the idea of a creature made from two creatures who in turn were each made from two creatures, their four brains psychically linked as one, lending supercomputer intelligence to what appears to be a massive ironclad monstrosity, is how do you say, sweet.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My water type on the team is Lapras. I've actually grown to like her, but I really should have gotten one that evolves and is slightly less boring overall! :p

Which Pokémon are you breeding?
I'm going for a Sableye. I was planning on getting a shiny Gardevoir, but I want to wait until I can get Hyper Voice onto it.

90 base power + 30% from Pixilate + 50% from STAB + hitting both opponents + bypassing Substitute = Power

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Completing my Kalos Dex again after breeding a bunch of Pokemon to take a little break from the grind, it's weird how many Pokemon there are (Diglett, Surskit, Wooper) who aren't available in the Wild and can only be gotten through Breeding.

Besides Baby Pokemon, this is the first case I can recall of this really happening.

Holmes

I think I may have figured out how to get Sucker Punch on Inkay. Apparently it's a tutor move in gen 4 (I had forgotten and don't even remember where the tutor is). I can teach it to a Pokemon m in the Water 1 or Water 2 egg group, then transfer it using the PokeBank. Then Malamar will be unstoppable.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I guess I'll start completing the Kalos dex as well. Tips on catching Pokemon?

Aegislash + False Swipe. Ultra Balls, Quick Balls, etc.
Bring a Surfing and Rock Smash Pokemon, as well as Combee for Horde-only Pokemon.

A quick way to level up Pokemon for evolutions is to use him in the end area of Victory Road and kill Druddigon and Graveller with Iron Head/Sacred Sword.

MicH

Went back to White 2 and I'm now trying to get an Adamant or Jolly (whichever comes first) Haxorus (the shiny one you get).

Can move tutor moves be passed down? I'm leaning towards no, but I want to make sure

Arkain

Would anyone want to trade my Accelgor for a Shelmet and then send me back the Escavalier?

My friend code is 3523-2140-8891

Completing my Kalos Dex again after breeding a bunch of Pokemon to take a little break from the grind, it's weird how many Pokemon there are (Diglett, Surskit, Wooper) who aren't available in the Wild and can only be gotten through Breeding.

Besides Baby Pokemon, this is the first case I can recall of this really happening.

This happened in X2/Y2 as well. You couldn't get stuff like Tympole without breeding first.

Has anyone else had any luck actually using their favorites in battle? I don't know that my case is the most fair since a lot of my favorites factor in playstyle in addition to appearance, but I've been having some pretty consistent success on showdown using Avalugg / Chandelure or Volcarona / Haxorus / Malamar / Scizor / Togekiss. For some reason nobody really expects Lum Berry Haxorus during late-game.

That being said, I'd love an offensively-oriented ice-type in the future (gamefweak pls). Greninja is in my top 10 designs in general, too, but I'd have to figure out a spot for him.

I have to say, Malamar has definitely earned its way into my favorites along with Scizor and Togekiss. The design is amazing (especially that fucking smirk), and the typing, unexpectedness and Contrary just elevate it to GOAT status.

I've had tremendous success with Malamar and Barbaracle this gen. Not so much with Hawlucha but I'm still waiting for my Flying Gem (rocking Sky Attack and Power Herb right now).

Lasdrub

Getting a weird error message that says I cannot connect to the global link because it is undergoing maintenance when I save. I'm not doing anything with the GTS, just saving my game. What's up with that?

Getting a weird error message that says I cannot connect to the global link because it is undergoing maintenance when I save. I'm not doing anything with the GTS, just saving my game. What's up with that?

You can usually only sync your game a couple times a day. Otherwise it says it's too busy and disconnects.

I've had tremendous success with Malamar and Barbaracle this gen. Not so much with Hawlucha but I'm still waiting for my Flying Gem (rocking Sky Attack and Power Herb right now).

I really want to do an animation / video where a Pokemon tries to use Mind Reader on Malamar and they either hear Bane's voice, or see this. (Wait for the rainbows to pass, it gets better.)

Lasdrub

You can usually only sync your game a couple times a day. Otherwise it says it's too busy and disconnects.

Why is it telling me that when I'm just saving my game? I just push x and go to save game and then get that message. Does it sync stuff on every save?

Edit: I disconnected from being online and saved without the message. That was making me a little worried.

I really want to do an animation / video where a Pokemon tries to use Mind Reader on Malamar and they either hear Bane's voice, or see this. (Wait for the rainbows to pass, it gets better.)

Haha, perfect. Personally my favorite Malamar moment is hitting Aegislash's King's Shield and triumphantly soaking up the attack boost. You can almost see your opponent cringe all those many miles away. Turns one of the most formidable Pokemon of Gen VI into a defenseless butter knife.

Morokh

1 day and a half ! finally 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Charmander > Charizard X done and kicking butts !

Now onto next project ! Gengar, Sableye, or Cloyster

Btw Scrafty (or anyone else that knows) what is a good EV spread for Sableye ?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
And now RIGHT after a shiny pikachu...my first shiny ever...

Caught in a premier ball!

Wow..timid caught in safari so time to check which ivs are perfect.

PERFECT ATTACK AND SPEED! amazing luck..

Tenck

1 day and a half ! finally 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Charmander > Charizard X done and kicking butts !

Now onto next project ! Gengar, Sableye, or Cloyster

Btw Scrafty (or anyone else that knows) what is a good EV spread for Sableye ?

I've got two Gastlys. The IV spreads are 31/x/31/x/31/31 and 31/x/31/31/x/31

Want them? Both at Timid btw.

I neeed Mega Pinsir in my life. STAB flying-type Thrash with 30% damage boost, fuck yes.

Waiting for my wife to beat the game and unlock mega stones so I can get him (she has X).

Edit: Does anyone have a Pinsirite they're not using that they'd like to trade for a Y-exclusive stone? Say, Heracrossite?

Fury Sense

hr71p7h.png

nintendo pls

Top Bottom