• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I couldn't think of anything else either. I was hoping to be surprised haha

In any case, you win. My FC is in my profile. Gonna need yours

edit: how could I forget gloomy?

I also feel silly for forgetting gloomy.

Friend code 3969-4953-3450. Guess I should add it to my profile now.

Thank you so much. Don't need anything at all in return? not even something meh for pokedex completion? Cause if not I'm just going to use wondertrade junk.

I also feel silly for forgetting gloomy.

Friend code 3969-4953-3450. Guess I should add it to my profile now.

Thank you so much. Don't need anything at all in return? not even something meh for pokedex completion? Cause if not I'm just going to use wondertrade junk.

It was a giveaway after all. Anything is fine

ohlawd

You guys gotta stop using "spd" to denote speed.

Just so I get some confirmation, you only need to "see" all of the Pokemon to complete the Kalos dex though this doesn't get you the diplomas, correct?
I think you get some certificates put in your room for catching everything in the Kalos Pokedex. Dunno if you get a diploma in your bag on top of that. Seeing all 450 get you an Oval Charm - increases your chances of getting an egg.

It was a giveaway after all. Anything is fine

Thank you very much, you charitable soul.

Let's see.... with gaf's influence, when I play with my friends this weekend, I will lead with a carbink, suicide into my speed boost scolipede, and baton pass into this wonderful goomy who will hopefully be a goodra by then.

This is my first attempt at anything resembling an overarching strategy.

Do we have any information about how Pokémon Bank And Poké Transporter will deal with hacked Pokémon ?
Preparing for this, I wanted to be able to transfer all previous starters to Y and I just got Tepig and Oshawot in White through GTS and "checked" them with a website I found (not sure you can mention it here), everything seems ok and legit.
Any more ways to check, any kind of useful informations ? Thanks !

DaBoss

Yea, it is HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe.

Also, I may be misremembering things, but I think Coltraine's tool had Speed in between Def and SpA before (though it makes no difference whatsoever), thanks for fixing it Coltraine.

Do we have any information about how Pokémon Bank And Poké Transporter will deal with hacked Pokémon ?
Preparing for this, I wanted to be able to transfer all previous starters to Y and I just got Tepig and Oshawot in White through GTS and "checked" them with a website I found (not sure you can mention it here), everything seems ok and legit.

It will probably just do "can these EVs and IVs and this moveset legally exist?" I think.

clemenx

Banned
I was worried about a bunch of perfect Dittos I have I'm sure are not legal >_> but thankfully, Safari Friend exists.

Wichu

I'm 99% sure that if it passes Pokécheck's tests, it will pass Pokémon Bank's. Pokécheck's cheat detection is pretty comprehensive.

Neiteio

So I'm not sure what team synergy this would have, if any, but doesn't this sound fun?

Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
Ability: Strong Jaw
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Sp. Def

Moves: Thunder Fang | Fire Fang | Ice Fang | Earthquake
(First three moves boosted by Strong Jaw)

Send him out under Reflect and Light Screen coverage. Play mindgames where they expect an Earthquake, send out a Flying-type, and get hit with Thunder Fang or Ice Fang, instead.

I also have Poison Fang available, which would be good for Fairy-types, but the other three fangs + EQ provides such tremendous coverage, neutral and super-effective.

So I'm not sure what team synergy this would have, if any, but doesn't this sound fun?

Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
Ability: Strong Jaw
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Sp. Def

Moves: Thunder Fang | Fire Fang | Ice Fang | Earthquake
(First three moves boosted by Strong Jaw)

Send him out under Reflect and Light Screen coverage. Play mindgames where they expect an Earthquake, send out a Flying-type, and get hit with Thunder Fang or Ice Fang, instead.

I also have Poison Fang available, which would be good for Fairy-types, but the other three fangs + EQ provides such tremendous coverage, neutral and super-effective.
Why completely ignore his stab

Neiteio

Smogon claims Strong Jaw gives him a 50% boost for all biting-related moves, the Fangs included. They also have the chance to paralyze, burn and freeze. And on the off-chance he's faster, there's a chance of flinching, as well. And they're unexpected, and provide tremendous coverage.

Anteo

So, is bounce a good move? I dont like this 2 turns thing , but It may work with a protean mon so the opponent changes mon mid move to get less damage and next turn we get to adapt or something

NEO0MJ

Using a strong rock move would be pretty good, but when it comes to dragon-type moves its options are pretty limited. Best two are Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw. Dragon Tail might have some use but claw is too weak to be considered.

Neiteio

If the 50% boost from Strong Jaw is accurate, then Thunder Fang, Fire Fang and Ice Fang are each 95BP -- basically stronger, physical versions of Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam, with the same secondary effects and the addition of flinching if Tyrantrum hits first.

Anteo

If the 50% boost from Strong Jaw is accurate, then Thunder Fang, Fire Fang and Ice Fang are each 95BP -- basically stronger, physical versions of Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam, with the same secondary effects and the addition of flinching if Tyrantrum hits first.

Wait you are telling me that someone breed 3 of these moves into a tyranitar and passed it down to a Tyrantrum and then breed Posion fang too?

Damn that's pretty good.

Still looking for someone with a Golett or Golurk in their Friend Safari for Light Clay!

Or if someone has a Friend Safari with a Mankey or a Cubone that would be much appreciated too :D

Neiteio

Wait you are telling me that someone breed 3 of these moves into a tyranitar and passed it down to a Tyrantrum and then breed Posion fang too?
I received an Adamant Tyrunt with all four Fang moves from Unicorn. So I'm thinking about breeding a perfect one, keeping three of the fangs (Thunder, Fire, Ice) and adding Earthquake. I bet it'd surprise a lot of people with its coverage. And it still gets STAB, in a sense, via Strong Jaw's 50% boost to the three fang moves.

Does anyone have any 3 or 4 IV Grass or Fairy egg groupers I could use to finish up my Breloom project?

I seem to have hit a wall at HP, SP. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed. I need that Attack and Defense. Needs it I tell ya

Does anyone have any 3 or 4 IV Grass or Fairy egg groupers I could use to finish up my Breloom project?

I seem to have hit a wall at HP, SP. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed. I need that Attack and Defense. Needs it I tell ya

I think I might still have a Breloom with some perfect IV's if you'd want it? Accidentally evolved it before it learned Spore so I abandoned it.

Neiteio

Damn that's pretty good.

Still looking for someone with a Golett or Golurk in their Friend Safari for Light Clay!

Or if someone has a Friend Safari with a Mankey or a Cubone that would be much appreciated too :D
Check with Devo, I believe his Friend Safari has wild Golurk with Light Clay. That's how I got mine, IIRC. Only took like two Golurk encounters (five or six Pokémon encounters overall) but I might've gotten lucky with RNG.

Oswen

Poison Fang is skippable, it's good for fairies and badly poison chance but you'll do overall more damage with other moves, even on fairies.

I have breeded a Tyrantrum with DD / IceFang/Fire Fang/ Thunder Fang, used a TTar as parent (which had DD from an Axew), i would probably drop one of the fangs (probably ThunderFang) for Earthquake or Stone Edge though.

Neiteio

Poison Fang is skippable, it's good for fairies and badly poison chance but you'll do overall more damage with other moves, even on fairies.

I have breeded a Tyrantrum with DD / IceFang/Fire Fang/ Thunder Fang, used a TTar as parent (which had DD from an Axew), i would probably drop one of the fangs (probably ThunderFang) for Earthquake or Stone Edge though.
What if you were skipping Dragon Dance? I have one with DD and some elemental fangs as well, but given the pace of the meta-game, it just never feels safe to take a turn boosting with DD, even under screens. I'm thinking Assault Vest + screens means if I focus on hitting the enemy each turn, I'll last longer than taking a hard without hitting back hard each turn myself.

Aytrial

After like bagillion "Outstanding" 4 IV Magikarps, I finally got a male Rattled one: 31/31/31/0/31/31.

Next up is a Ralts that I'll evolve into Gardevoir. Gonna breed Destiny Bond into it just in case.

Check with Devo, I believe his Friend Safari has wild Golurk with Light Clay. That's how I got mine, IIRC. Only took like two Golurk encounters (five or six Pokémon encounters overall) but I might've gotten lucky with RNG.

Awesome, I'll check that out. Thanks!

Do you know which IVs?

Not off-hand. Currently in the middle of Restaurant Le Wow Rotation Battle for grinding my Carbink, I'll let you know when I'm done though.

It is not the fastest though. Would it survive a STAB Ice Beam despite the Assault Vest?

Oswen

What if you were skipping Dragon Dance? I have one with DD and some elemental fangs as well, but given the pace of the meta-game, it just never feels safe to take a turn boosting with DD, even under screens. I'm thinking Assault Vest + screens means if I focus on hitting the enemy each turn, I'll last longer than taking a hard without hitting back hard each turn myself.

I guess four attacks with Assault Vest or Choice Band could work, however fangs even if boosted aren't that powerful and Tyrantrum's attack and speed are relatively high but not stellar.

After one DD with Jolly and a Life orb you outspeed almost everything and hit harder, i think it's better this way.
That's another reason why i would use Stone Miss or Earthquake over Head Smash, DD setup+LO+ huge recoil would make it almost unusable.

Tirael

I received an Adamant Tyrunt with all four Fang moves from Unicorn. So I'm thinking about breeding a perfect one, keeping three of the fangs (Thunder, Fire, Ice) and adding Earthquake. I bet it'd surprise a lot of people with its coverage. And it still gets STAB, in a sense, via Strong Jaw's 50% boost to the three fang moves.

It is exactly equivalent to STAB, if our sources are accurate.

I love the idea, I'm gonna breed one with Dragon Dance because I'm crazy like that.

Oswen

It is exactly equivalent to STAB, if our sources are accurate.

I love the idea, I'm gonna breed one with Dragon Dance because I'm crazy like that.

I really wish it received some signature move, just imagine the crazyness of a "Rock Bite" and/or "Dragon Bite" on this thing.

Tirael

I really wish it received some signature move, just imagine the crazyness of a "Rock Bite" and/or "Dragon Bite" on this thing.

I'm right there with you, but I think that would be a bit OP. Rock is not a great defensive type, but it's a pretty good offensive type. Giving him STAB + Strong Jaw + whatever else would be some real shenanigans.

I find that, while the recoil is bad, Tyrantrum's boosted Head Smash (either with a Dragon Dance or a Choice Band) dishes out incredible damage. It OHKO's a lot of stuff even on neutral hits.

If/when his hidden ability (Rock Head) becomes available, this guy is going to be insane

DINOSAUR POWAH

Magnus

Is it possible to actually view IVs anywhere in the game? Are IVs the actual stat a pokemon has at level 1 before any EV training or modification begins?

This is the part of Pokemon breeding that remains most unexplained to me.

Talonflame getting that Pursuit to the face

U-turn >>> Pursuit

Is it possible to actually view IVs anywhere in the game? Are IVs the actual stat a pokemon has at level 1 before any EV training or modification begins?

This is the part of Pokemon breeding that remains most unexplained to me.

Post game city with the Friend Safari. At the Pokemon Center. The guy with purple hair will tell you your Pokemon's potential: All IVs that are at 31 or 0.

Checking now and I guess I must have traded it at some point, sorry about that =\

Also, if I have a male Piloswine with its hidden ability (Thick Fat) how easy is it to pass that on to eggs?

tis all good

and hidden abilities pass over 60% of the time if they're on the mother, very high odds if on mother and father (though not 100% afaik) and no odds if it's on the father, unless you breed with ditto which is auto 60%

Top Bottom