• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Unicorn

Also, I have plenty of Tyrunts like the 2 I gave to Neiteio.

Set with :
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Fire fang

And another:
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

And one I think (bad IVs, was a transitioning egg)
Fire fang
Ice fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

These are all adamant and great starting points for IV breeding and they'll always have those moves available through heart scales.

For those that want to do this on your own:

Dragonair with Dragon Dance on female tyrunt
Arbok with all of the bites, gaining Poison fang from breeding with Seviper.

I'm still popping eggs out with the first set (no more Dragon dance) so, lemme know (getting consistent 4 IV yields = HP, attack, defense, special defense)

That seems a lot less useful than HP though.

I've got 31 in HP and plan on giving it full EV investment. The question was whther or not it was worth it to breed for 31 speed on a slowish Pokemon. Basically he's telling me I have to do more work, which isn't what I wanted to hear. Oh well, back to the grind. I don't plan on pitting my Malamar against other Malamar often but I'm compelled to see this through.

I have a few Timid Magic Guard Abra that are 31/-/31/31/31/31, I'd be willing to trade for a Timid Gastly with the same IVs. Would you be interested?

Uh hell yeah I'd be willing to trade. Just shoot me a PM and we can do this either tonight or tomorrow.

Speaking of Gastly, am I just having shit luck?

I have a Male and Female with 31/?/31/31/31/31. I use Destiny Knot and for some reason it is ALWAYS selecting attack because all the children only have 4 perfect stats. What the actual fuck. Why? Am I just unlucky? That should only happen 1/6th of the time right?

Awesome, i appreciate that. Either Nature is fine too. I'll take the raw egg if that okay with you, since i like to be the OT of my Pokemon. :)
I hope i have something to compensate this.
We'll have to trade in 18 to 24 hours then though, because i am in GMT+1. Its time for bed in a hour or two, lol.

Are the IVs of eggs locked before hatching? If so I can save, hatch, then reset after checking right?

You also don't need to give me anything really. :)

Bladelaw

I'm going to have a slew of 3-4IV Eevees mixed abilities sometime tonight if anyone's interested. If you have a protean froakie I'd be down for trading. I've been wanting to play with that ability for a while. Due to lineage they'll all have charm if you're looking for a ground level Sylveon.

FC: 0817-3770-3428

I'll be home around 6pm USEast.

I thought for sure that play rough was going to kill my Heliolisk. If that happened it probably would've been a way different battle.
I didn't know Heliolisk could actually survive a Huge Power boosted Play Rough! It was crazy. That Heliolisk was a pain this time, which I wasn't expecting. It's usually not that big of a problem for me.

Set with :
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Fire fang

And another:
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

Fire fang
Ice fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

These are all adamant and great starting points for IV breeding and they'll always have those moves available through heart scales.

I'm still popping eggs out with the first set (no more Dragon dance) so, lemme know (getting consistent 4 IV yields = HP, attack, defense, special defense)

Can I have one or two? Should I PM?

rac

Banned
I didn't know Heliolisk could actually survive a Huge Power boosted Play Rough! It was crazy. That Heliolisk was a pain this time, which I wasn't expecting. It's usually not that big of a problem for me.

That and my mawile survived with 4 health from a earthquake.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Are the IVs of eggs locked before hatching? If so I can save, hatch, then reset after checking right?

You also don't need to give me anything really. :)

I think so,...maybe someone els here can confirm that? :)

Now I really feel like i need to give you something! :D

Set with :
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Fire fang

And another:
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

Fire fang
Ice fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

I'd like one, if you don't mind. FC 4511-0460-2776

Kamina

Golden Boy
It is locked before the egg is even available: http://i.imgur.com/dLxMnVc.png

Answering my question like a boss!

ty25F8u_like-a-boss_288920.jpg

evangd007

I should not have made my first breeding project Froakie. The 1/8 female chance is driving me mad. I have 12 male froakies with 4 IVs, but I'm still stuck breeding with a 3 IV Ditto. At least it's foreign so I have a Matsuda shiny chance.

J. Bravo

Shit new ot! I thought everyone just started hating on Pokemon lol.
neiteio, is it still possible for me go get one of those carbinks?

EMT0

Banned
Finally got a Carbink that I'm happy with :)

Carbink - Bold - 31/12/28/31/31/31

Doesn't have a perfect defense, but I'm not going to sweat it over three points. This thing is more than awesome enough in my books.

Wichu

Chances for a shiny Ditto are higher

Considering the chance of a shiny in the FS is drastically increased (seems to be one in a couple of hundred), you'll probably have thousands of shiny Ditto before getting a perfect one :p

Neiteio

Finally got a Carbink that I'm happy with :)

Carbink - Bold - 31/12/28/31/31/31

Doesn't have a perfect defense, but I'm not going to sweat it over three points. This thing is more than awesome enough in my books.
Yay!! :D

GO CARBINK GO

Anyone have a potential answer to this:

I have a pair of Male and Female parents with 31/?/31/31/31/31. I use Destiny Knot and for some reason it is ALWAYS selecting attack because all the children only have 4 perfect stats. What the actual fuck. Why? Am I just unlucky? That should only happen 1/6th of the time right?

Is my math wrong? Am I just unlucky?

That Fennekin picture just confuses me. I'm pretty sure I don't fucking get it. Why do you care that Sp.Atk wasn't inherited at first? Don't you get that from swapping parents after rejecting the egg? Why reset the game?

Korosenai

Does anyone have a Female Thick Fat Swinub with icicle shard? I have a female marill with Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, and 4 iv's to offer.

Quest1

Set with :
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Fire fang

And another:
Ice fang
Thunder fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

Fire fang
Ice fang
Poison fang
Dragon dance

I'd like one of the 4IV DDance ones if you can save me one. It sucks because I'm at work and can't get on just yet, but I can trade you some DDance Pursuit Srocks Larvitar for your efforts. Let me know, I'll pm you my FC when I can get on for a little.

Jarekx

Yea, I'm using that method and just getting 4 from one parent and one from the other. About 8 eggs in and no 2/3 spread yet.

DaBoss

That Fennekin picture just confuses me. I'm pretty sure I don't fucking get it. Why do you care that Sp.Atk wasn't inherited at first? Don't you get that from swapping parents after rejecting the egg? Why reset the game?

IVs for the next egg are determined as soon as you reject/accept the egg that is available right now, so due to that, you are guaranteed that those IVs will pass down regardless of what the parents are. So this means you can swap in parents that have the IVs you want in the stats you know that will pass down.

Fury Sense

Anyone have a potential answer to this:
I have a pair of Male and Female parents with 31/?/31/31/31/31. I use Destiny Knot and for some reason it is ALWAYS selecting attack because all the children only have 4 perfect stats. What the actual fuck. Why? Am I just unlucky? That should only happen 1/6th of the time right?
Is my math wrong? Am I just unlucky?
1 IV is generated, 5 are inherited.

1/6 of the time, Attack will be generated, the other five inherited
5/6 of the time, A different stat will be generated while Attack is inherited

DarFrey

Neo Member
IVs for the next egg are determined as soon as you reject/accept the egg that is available right now, so due to that, you are guaranteed that those IVs will pass down regardless of what the parents are. So this means you can swap in parents that have the IVs you want in the stats you know that will pass down.
So, at what point is it decided that the egg will be shiny? If it is at the point that the egg is made available, doesn't this make it easier to get a shiny with a good IV set?

Top Bottom