• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tirael

Is it possible to actually view IVs anywhere in the game? Are IVs the actual stat a pokemon has at level 1 before any EV training or modification begins?

This is the part of Pokemon breeding that remains most unexplained to me.

IVs are an invisible number that modifies stats. At level 100, IVs make a potential difference of 31 points in each individual stat, but it's impossible to tell at level 1 because it scales down. The stats are always going to be 5 and 6, etc.

Post-game, there's a guy in Kiloude City that will tell you which IVs of a Pokemon are perfect, (i.e. 31), and which ones are 0, as well as an overall evaluation of its IVs.

Shiny Eevee is fun to have, since I get to see all the shiny Eeveelutions in their 3D glory! Shiny Umbreon and Sylveon are antoniobanderas.gif.

SeZMehK

Shiny Eevee is fun to have, since I get to see all the shiny Eeveelutions in their 3D glory! Shiny Umbreon and Sylveon are antoniobanderas.gif.

Damn you lol.

Anyway, does any one have a spare reject of a female eevee(HA) in a luxury ball with a couple of IVs?

PK Gaming

Favorite Gen VI Pokemon

talonflame_battle_2.jpg

It has an awesome design and it's extremely fun to use in competitive play. #Route 1 birds represent

Favorite Mega Pokemon

18378_oct_p13_01.jpg

Aggron is one of my absolute favorite Pokemon of all time, and it got a freaking beast Mega form!!!
This is it! The muscles that will make the future bright!

I always yell that when it appears, hahahaha.

Smogon claims Strong Jaw gives him a 50% boost for all biting-related moves, the Fangs included. They also have the chance to paralyze, burn and freeze. And on the off-chance he's faster, there's a chance of flinching, as well. And they're unexpected, and provide tremendous coverage.
Isnt it 20 or 25?

SeZMehK

I have one with max Def and Sp.A + Wish, and one with max Def and Sp.D without Wish. Which would you prefer? And yeah, I'll hold on to it for you.

Well the one with Wish works out because I got a male eevee with baton pass through wonder trade a week ago, lol.

Well the one with Wish works out because I got a male eevee with baton pass through wonder trade a week ago, lol.
Well it's being saved for you! Just hit me up with a trade request when you want it. (I need your trainer name too, so I know who you are)

Fury Sense

was just taking a photo to bitch about the rain that won't stop and i thought to myself *by the time i get this uploaded, it will stop raining*

9EWEgTV.png

it did.

Could you give me two or three offspring eggs?
That'd be so great!

If you want I'll probably be breeding Gastly later tonight. I can give you a Modest or Timid one with 31/?/31/31/31/31

I'll probably be focusing on Modest tonight, but could get you a Timid if I get lucky.

OT3 snuck up on me!

I'm re-breeding a few of the mons I used to beat the campaign. I was working towards a Malamar with 31 in everything but Special Attack, but I think I'll settle for 31/31/31/x/31/x. It's not like Malamar's going to outrun anything even on his best day. Can anyone think of a reason to have a Malamar with perfect speed IVs, even if I have no plans of training in in speed?

biritaz

Neo Member
Yes. It is called a critical capture.
More info below:
Critical Capture

A totally new mechanic of capture is the Critical Capture. This feature works like Critical Hits in battle where there is a slight chance that this feature occurs. Critical Capture will be noticed when you throw the Pokéball. It'll pause in mid-air and make a metal noise. When it hits the Pokémon, it will shake once and capture. This cuts two of the four random calculations out of the overal capture mechanic making it more likely to capture the Pokémon. However, it can still fail.

The calculation is done by a simple factor depending upon the amount of Pokémon species you have captured. It will run this calculation based upon the capture value calculated above and will then have another random number based upon the Pokémon you have captured.

Critical Capture = floor((255,CatchValue) * Multiplier)
The multipliers are as follows;

Pokémon Caught Figure
600+ 2.5
450-599 2
300-449 1.5
150-299 1
30-149 0.5
0-29 0
Source

EMT0

Banned
If I wanted to EV train a Nidoking, which stats would I max out? Attack and Speed?

Depends on the moveset. Physical Nidoking, special Nidoking, Assault Vest Nidoking, stall Nidoking, restalk Nidoking, etc.

I'm going to assume physical, in which case maxing attack and speed is probably your best bet.

GamerSoul

Depends on the moveset. Physical Nidoking, special Nidoking, Assault Vest Nidoking, stall Nidoking, restalk Nidoking, etc.

I'm going to assume physical, in which case maxing attack and speed is probably your best bet.

I did not know Nidoking had so many uses lol, wow. Appreciate the help. And yea I was thinking physical, thank you.

DarFrey

Neo Member
If you want I'll probably be breeding Gastly later tonight. I can give you a Modest or Timid one with 31/?/31/31/31/31

I'll probably be focusing on Modest tonight, but could get you a Timid if I get lucky.
I have a few Timid Magic Guard Abra that are 31/-/31/31/31/31, I'd be willing to trade for a Timid Gastly with the same IVs. Would you be interested?

upandaway

I've officially started breeding today, after finishing everything else I wanted to do in the game (aside from getting all the TMs out of the Anistar TM Lady, but I just can't figure it out).

I'll first be redoing my Singles trio of Starmie, Volcarona and Ferroseed, and after that hopefully I'll be making a team to fight against humans for the first time. Should be fun.

batfax

Whoop, whoop.

THAQMJ0.png

Most complete I've ever gotten in a Pokemon game since Red probably. Now to wait for the flood gates to open for the rest of 'em in December. Maybe I'll make a team or something in the meantime.

OT3 snuck up on me!

I'm re-breeding a few of the mons I used to beat the campaign. I was working towards a Malamar with 31 in everything but Special Attack, but I think I'll settle for 31/31/31/x/31/x. It's not like Malamar's going to outrun anything even on his best day. Can anyone think of a reason to have a Malamar with perfect speed IVs, even if I have no plans of training in in speed?

Max Speed is nice for outspeeding Pokémon of the same species and/or those with the same base speed. Like, if you and I fought and you used the spread for Malamar you have above, my Malamar would ultimately win due to slightly outspeeding it (barring a random crit, of course).

GamerSoul

Sp.Attack and speed, unless you really want to use poison jab.

I might raise a Nidoqueen at some point with that focus. I have a Greninja with max EVs in Sp.Attack and speed in the meantime. Greninja is such a great Pokémon, I'm sorry chestnaught but Greninja> you.

upandaway

Max Speed is nice for outspeeding Pokémon of the same species and/or those with the same base speed. Like, if you and I fought and you used the spread for Malamar you have above, my Malamar would ultimately win due to slightly outspeeding it (barring a random crit, of course).
That seems a lot less useful than HP though.

Unicorn

So I'm not sure what team synergy this would have, if any, but doesn't this sound fun?

Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
Ability: Strong Jaw
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Sp. Def

Moves: Thunder Fang | Fire Fang | Ice Fang | Earthquake
(First three moves boosted by Strong Jaw)

Send him out under Reflect and Light Screen coverage. Play mindgames where they expect an Earthquake, send out a Flying-type, and get hit with Thunder Fang or Ice Fang, instead.

I also have Poison Fang available, which would be good for Fairy-types, but the other three fangs + EQ provides such tremendous coverage, neutral and super-effective.
Remember Poison fang is also 50% badly Poison chance (toxic).

Kamina

Golden Boy

Awesome, i appreciate that. Either Nature is fine too. I'll take the raw egg if that okay with you, since i like to be the OT of my Pokemon. :)
I hope i have something to compensate this.
We'll have to trade in 18 to 24 hours then though, because i am in GMT+1. Its time for bed in a hour or two, lol.

Morokh

Hey, I want to evolve my scyther as well if you're still available

It's been taken care of, but if you're still around an sitting with your unevolved pokemon I can help you with it, my FC is in my profile.

Thanks Trey for the trades, sorry if I frightened you, it wouldn't let me trade your Blaziken back because of a HM move, I had to put it in a box first.

Trey

It's been taken care of, but if you're still around an sitting with your unevolved pokemon I can help you with it, my FC is in my profile.

Thanks Trey for the trades, sorry if I frightened you, it wouldn't let me trade your Blaziken back because of a HM move, I had to put it in a box first.

No worries man. Figured you'd want your gourgiest, lol

Top Bottom