• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MGrant

I've been having some good success in Battle Maison with the following Trick Room team, getting up to the mid-30s in winstreak. I love these guys' designs, and I love Trick Room teams, so I'm pretty happy:

Trevenant@Focus Sash
Brave Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp Def
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer
- Shadow Claw
- Destiny Bond

A good lead, Focus Sash guarantees it will set up Trick Room and allows for Destiny Bond setups with prediction. I chose Wood Hammer over Horn Leech for sheer power, since I had been having problems breaking through Gastrodon without it, although the recoil is kind of a bummer sometimes. Shadow Claw is very strong, and takes down the troublesome ghosts that this team hates. Destiny Bond comes in handy versus an opposing lead that I don't want my team to deal with, like Garchomp or Protean Greninja.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Quiet Nature
Ability: Own Tempo
252 HP/252 Sp Atk/4 Def
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Psychic
- Flame Thrower

Slowbro can take a hit and set up Trick Room on a lot of things. The three attacking moves provide coverage against a lot of threats, namely Fire, Ground, Fighting, and Steel types who don't switch. A riskier set would include Hydro Pump and Fire Blast for more power, but I can't stand missing. Haven't managed to get one with Regenerator yet, but that's on my to-do list.

Mawile@Mawilite
Brave Nature
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

I can't say enough good things about Mega Mawile. The dude is just an excellent wallbreaker, revenge killer, and sweeper with Trick Room support. Iron Head and Play Rough hit damn hard, as does Sucker Punch, which is useful even outside of Trick Room. Brick Break covers screen users and a few Normal threats like Kangaskhan quite well. I've considered using Stone Edge over Brick Break, but it provides mostly redundant coverage save for against Charizard and Talonflame, both of which take pretty substantial damage from Sucker Punch.

I can't wait to try this team out once Rating Battles are back.

MicH

Well, once again I'm surprised at how well my Scizor is handling stuff.. as long as he doesn't get a priority Aqua Jet to the face before he can Roost.

Well, once again I'm surprised at how well my Scizor is handling stuff.. as long as he doesn't get a priority Aqua Jet to the face before he can Roost.
And you thought your priority troubles were over once you got rid of Talonflame, which wrecked Beef. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Goodra would've KO'd you if that shiny Azumarill hadn't.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
No. I'm using these: Carbink, Protean Greninja and Togekiss. I tried changing carbink for Volcarona, Mienshao and Aggron (not mega) but fuck here's just something seriously wrong with my tactics or movesets or both. ._.
Yeah, I would recommend getting one and getting a Mega.

DaBoss

I definitely wouldn't have gone for it if I didn't think it was the last Pokemon.
Though I almost always miss on the last hit, but I thought I could take out Sylveon with Bullet Seed.

Should have gone for the Tail Slap. STAB and Slyveon has lower Def than Sp Def.

Man, forgot to put the Everstone and Destiny Knot on my Goomys when I started breeding, that could have ended awfully.

So, Modest Goodra or Calm Goodra? Thoughts?

Dang. I knew I had lost when I chose King's Shield that last time... great games Nub.

And definitely! Next time, I'll make sure to have Ditto in my group. =P

CrimsonN0

Just barely held on and had enought power for Fire Blast to overcome it,

BXQG-WWWW-WWW2-Q9P8

Really thought I was going to die to your Rotom-W.

MicH

Just barely held on and had enought power for Fire Blast to overcome it,

BXQG-WWWW-WWW2-Q9P8

Really thought I was going to die to your Rotom-W.
Such a good game. Everyone should watch the greatest comeback of Rotom-W ever.. until the end at least, haha

ohlawd

shiet man time to help out my peeps struggling with Super Singles.

Your lead should have amazing coverage, with either Life Orb or Focus Sash. That's your poison bruh. Natural Cure Starmie, Protean Greninja, these guys work.

Your two backups are Pokemon that can sponge incoming SE hits meant for your lead and can revenge kill. The AI is freaking predictable and when you think it's gonna use an electric move on you, it totally will. Choice Scarf Garchomp is a good one, can take electric moves meant for your Starmie. Scizor is really freaking cool, too. Will destroy super fast Pokemon like Weavile and Aerodactyl since Bullet Punch is the smex.

If that ain't working out then it's time to cheese the Battle Maison with Choice Scarf Truant Durant w/ Entrainment. I haven't tried it out myself (bear with me >_>) but from what I imagine it can do, it's like 99% foolproof.

Use Entrainment, switch to a Pokemon that can set up (Dragonite w/ Dragon Dance, Speed Boost Blaziken with Bulk Up/Swords Dance, etc), use Protect when the enemy can move, set up when they're loafing. If you can squeeze in Substitute that's good. It will at least act as a sponge in case something goes wrong and you bet your ass something's gonna go wrong. Infiltrator and moves like Boomburst work around Subs but I don't feel they're that big a deal.

Usobuko

Banned
Do you want a female 5 IV Sand Veil Gibble with Outrage? PM me what you have to offer.

I feel like Santa Claus tonight.

Nah, I have a 5 IV ( no Sp.atk ) male one with Outrage/Iron Head already. Thanks anyway, I just breeding for an equivalent of Rough Skin. The irony is I don't have much issue with Scythers HA than Gible's.

WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE CARBINK ALONE

I thought his sleep would last a turn longer :(

y1m4mR7.png

Top Bottom