• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

Multi battles are just doubles in nature, right?

Only played two games but that's enough for me. I really gotta get going with my egg making. I really wasted today in terms of playing hahah. I didn't even make a dent in making headway toward my Rotation trophy.
Yes.
Did you seriously try to Will O Wisp Malamar when it was asleep.
Yes, hence why I'm the biggest idiot ever.

So I just got a shiny Dragalge through wonder trade in exchange for a crappy IV Togepi I bred. I feel kinda guilty actually, I wonder if the other guy realized it was a shiny, given how close to the normal sprite it looked.

Neiteio

So guys, just traded with Pegosaurus for a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Modest Rotom. I'm now debating between either

rotom-wash.png

OR

rotom-heat.png

I was originally intent on Wash Rotom, due to only one weakness, but I'm now tempted toward Heat Rotom, whose 4X weakness is negated by Levitate (a handful of Mold Breakers being the only realistic threat), and who only has two 2X weaknesses after that. The main advantage of Heat Rotom, aside from providing a welcome Fire-type STAB on my team, is he is immune to both Burn and Paralysis, meaning he can safely switch in on Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave. Anyone use Heat Rotom?

Also, how do I go about getting Overheat on Heat Rotom, or Hydro Pump on Wash Rotom?

Just used Magician Delphox to Mystical Fire a Bisharp to death. After he fell, Delphox stole his black glasses.
All I could think of was him doing that CSI glasses thing saying "Looks like someone... GOT ROASTED!"

It was great.

Wazzy

Banned
Hey bus I'm ready to trade whenever you are. I see your doing multi's so obv just send me a trade when you're free.

Thanks!

ohlawd

Also, how do I go about getting Overheat on Heat Rotom, or Hydro Pump on Wash Rotom?
Sycamore's Lab on the 2nd floor has the boxes you need to change formes iirc.

And those moves come in by default when doing the change. You can't change to Wash forme if you refuse to have it learn Hydro Pump.

Neiteio

Sycamore's Lab on the 2nd floor has the boxes you need to change formes iirc.

And those moves come in by default when doing the change. You can't change to Wash forme if you refuse to have it learn Hydro Pump.
Ah, OK. So whenever you change forms, you have to forget one of your moves, and if it's in your moveset, the move forgotten has to be the exclusive move, right?

Just used Magician Delphox to Mystical Fire a Bisharp to death. After he fell, Delphox stole his black glasses.
All I could think of was him doing that CSI glasses thing saying "Looks like someone... GOT ROASTED!"

It was great.

Reminds me of the time I won a tournament by having a Mewtwo Trick its Choice Scarf onto my Scrafty, allowing me to outspeed their last Pokémon and KO it with a lucky crit. This is my headcanon for what happened after the battle.

Neiteio

I've been trying to get a 5 IV rotom and 5 IV sap sipper goomy for awhile now. What'd you have to trade for it?
He didn't ask for anything in particular, but I offered a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Interceptor Noibat. He did mention he's looking for high-IV Gligars and Smeargles, though.

Natiko

Banned
If I'm wanting to take a shot at the RNG method of breeding that revolves around denying eggs and I'm using a genderless Pokemon and Ditto which is the male and which is the female?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So my friends and I are doing a monobattle type thing where we each pick a type and build a team around it. I haven't played since Red so I'm still learning the new mechanics.

I picked Fairy and my team is probably going to be something like:

Klefki - Lead
Carbink - Wall and shields
Togekiss - for SG flinching
Mawile - for sweeping and mega
Azumarill - for drum
Gardevoir - support

What do you guys think?

ohlawd

Ah, OK. So whenever you change forms, you have to forget one of your moves, and if it's in your moveset, the move forgotten has to be the exclusive move, right?
yep that's right.

Believe me, immunity to burn and paralysis is sexy but Overheat as your primary move is blah.

rac

Banned
He didn't ask for anything in particular, but I offered a 31/X/31/31/31/31 Timid Interceptor Noibat. He did mention he's looking for high-IV Gligars and Smeargles, though.

Seems like I'm breeding the wrong pokemon. No one even wants my giveaways haha.

Inotti

Aargh! I'm a perfect example how perfect IV pokemans aren't everything. I suck at Battle Maison's super singles. *ragequit*

gw-jankonbetoni2.gif

Neiteio

yep that's right.

Believe me, immunity to burn and paralysis is sexy but Overheat as your primary move is blah.
He'd also have Thunderbolt, Will-O-Wisp and Chesto-Rest. Only difference between him and my Wash Rotom plan was Overheat instead of Hydro Pump. Overheat is more accurate than Hydro Pump (90% vs. 80%) and more powerful (130 BP vs. 110). The only downside is it lowers Sp. Attack. It's basically a Fire version of Draco Meteor.

Top Bottom