• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

CrimsonN0

Is there reason to think shiny encounter rates in the Friend Safari are higher than using the Masuda Method? Or is it possible you just got as lucky as I am unlucky?

Mostly accounts from people that've found shinies there.
I've actually managed to find two in there myself.

Is there reason to think shiny encounter rates in the Friend Safari are higher than using the Masuda Method? Or is it possible you just got as lucky as I am unlucky?

It's completely anecdotal at this point, but the actual rate doesn't have to be higher than MM because even if it's the same, you encounter pokemon at a much higher rate than you can hatch them.

It's completely anecdotal at this point, but the actual rate doesn't have to be higher than MM because even if it's the same, you encounter pokemon at a much higher rate than you can hatch them.
But you don't always find the Pokémon you want. And if one of those is shiny... ouch. I've heard reports of the shiny rate skyrocketing (Not in the good way) after you get your first shiny in a Safari, but those could be false.

mandiller

Tonight (Tuesday) after 9pm is special Rotom catching time in the Lost Hotel. I'm going to see if I can get one of each form but it may take a long time...

ST2K

Honestly, I think at this point I need to continue to try to see this through to completion. Trying a different method at this point would just feel wrong, for a variety of irrational reasons.

If anyone has a female Froakie that has Protean that they're willing to part with though, I'd appreciate it.

Honestly, I think at this point I need to continue to try to see this through to completion. Trying a different method at this point would just feel wrong, for a variety of irrational reasons.

If anyone has a female Froakie that has Protean that they're willing to part with though, I'd appreciate it.
Just to be 100% clear, you are using the Masuda Method... correct?

Finally got the IV inheritance I wanted before resets, this shit better come out with the right ability this time...

On a related note, I need to catch more neutral nature Magikarps because the male and female I'm using to test IV inheritances actually have the same attack IV...

Wazzy

Banned
Welp. No timids. I got a bold Eevee with two IV's if any needs one. I'll probably head to bed and try more tomorrow.

I feel sorry for the people who will likely just trade away the 5 IV Huge Power Bunnelbys they get from me in Wonder Trade.

Still waiting for something that actually gets my attention. I release everything that has 3 IVs or less. I'm putting up pretty decent shit you stingy assholes. No one wants your shitty Pancham

Of course one of the eggs I hatched before I resorted to reset/reject method already had the IVs and ability I wanted... of course...

And of course I didn't get a chance to check it until now...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished it!

Took me 45 hours to finish the main story without goofing that much around. Most of the time it was pretty damn fun too!

I've never played a pokemon game, here's what I take from it:
+ Interesting, deep and complex battle system
+ lots of secrets, tons of collectables (pokemons duh)
+ lots of options for customization
+ pretty good pacing, despite being a looong game with lots of repetition
+ lots of postgame content, and a fantastic online community. You can basically play this game forever if you want to, breeding and battling (I wont - too much stuff going on! to much stuff to play :p)

- too damn easy - pokemon games need a "hard" option for those who mainly just play the story through (like me I guess)
- a bit too repetitive (but what can ya do)

Overall: It was a really nice and fun experience, even for a pokenoob like myself. I also played Animal Crossing for the first time ever this year, and I have to admit I wasn't quite as much "captured" by Pokemon as I was by AC. But it's nice to know what it's all about (or at least a small part of it :p)

[pic of my hall of fame team would go here if that damn game sync sentre wasn't down all the time ;)]

Sigmaah

LISTEN TO THIS GUY.

dawg okay so I got a batch of Bergmite to check. I'm thinking yo chill this group prolly has bad IVs so no skin off my back I can run back to the daycare and get my Pokemon to make more eggs.

so as expected the first two were garbage. Garbage IVs, wrong ability, wrong everything. I hit the jackpot with the 3rd. Got the IV spread I like and the ability's right.

Now I be contemplating what I do with the last two Bergmite. I got my perfect Bergmite so what do I need these scrubs for? I get them checked out anyway cuz they just hatched and deserve to know their fate before I send them out to the wild to get massacred cuz they're lvl 1 man!

These last two eggs were also perfect. I couldn't believe my eyes. They weren't shiny of course it's not like I was praying to the almighty being that blesses PokeGAF with perfect shinies but still it was nice to see

3 perfects in one batch? My god, I would've been dumb happy, NEVER CHUCK YO EGGS BRUHBRUHS.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ahaha , my god Multis can be so cheap; you can use 2 megas if you have a Human partner.
Excuse me while I devise a team of destruction.

ST2K

Did one last batch before bed after cleaning out my boxes again. All normals, of course. I'm done for the night.

Here's to the next 1500.

Tenck

He's definitely going to be the guy to counter this gen. Diverse move pool, huge special attack, insane speed, with shadow tag.

Yeah I love his diverse move pool. Just went up against a Greninja, Mewtwo, and Lucario team. Had Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast one shot them all. Best feeling ever :D

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah I love his diverse move pool. Just went up against a Greninja, Mewtwo, and Lucario team. Had Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast one shot them all. Best feeling ever :D

He was a straight beast for me last gen, he cleaned up after my messes damn good. This gen he's a god.

CrimsonN0

Awesome. Think it might be my first breeding project.
I think I've only fought one person that had a Shedinja so far. They also had a Zoroark that disguised itself as it, I had no idea what was going on at first.

Actually, does does anyone know if Shedinja dies if Stealth Rock is out?

Smh
Rating battle people are pricks 2 straight dcs

haha, it's happening there too?

I think I've only fought one person that had a Shedinja so far. They also had a Zoroark that disguised itself as it, I had no idea what was going on at first.

Actually, does does anyone know if Shedinja dies if Stealth Rock is out?

yup, instant kill

also, does your rival hang around Kiloude City forever?

Top Bottom