• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I think I've only fought one person that had a Shedinja so far. They also had a Zoroark that disguised itself as it, I had no idea what was going on at first.

Actually, does does anyone know if Shedinja dies if Stealth Rock is out?
I think it can also survive one hit with Focus Sash, if I remember correctly.

With that last batch of eggs being a failure, and my gameplay time saved at exactly 300 hours (I love it when that happens), I'm off to bed. Hopefully tomorrow is the day I get my shiny Sableye!

FSLink

Banned
Doesn't really matter anymore since a dc counts as a loss for the person who dcs and a win for the person still left. May as well be happy since it means the game ends faster AND you made them salty.

It's still rather stupid to disconnect though, you still get the loss, lol.

I heard of some people do it so it doesn't drag the match out, but for fuck's sake, there's a forfeit/run away button!

ZenaxPure

It's still rather stupid to disconnect though, you still get the loss, lol.

I heard of some people do it so it doesn't drag the match out, but for fuck's sake, there's a forfeit/run away button!

Well, technically it is faster if you dc the moment you know you are going to lose (you see an attack go off that you know will kill you and any remaining pokemon won't stand a chance). Have to wait until the next turn to forfeit.

It's an even longer process in doubles/triples where other pokemon will be attacking in that same turn.

That said, I don't dc myself either, I forfeit like a real man.

Firestorm

My team needs major work. At 12-4 (Won 4, Lost 4, Won 8) but most of my wins weren't exactly great games. Gotta step it up if I want to keep going past 1700.

And another one:

LBLW-WWWW-WWW2-QFM6

At first I didn't realize his Greninja isn't Protean, so that was a bit dumb, but Malamar bailed me out! I like that guy.

Gonna attempt to IV chain breed for the first time…i'm scared gas…what am i getting myself into?!

which Pokemon are you breeding

edit: come on, two 4 IV Marills shouldn't be taking this long to pop out a 31/31/31/x/31/31.....
edit2: harr harr Trick Room Azumarill, very funny game

Firestorm

I'm Wonder Trading away a bunch of my Phantumps and I feel kind of like a dick because everyone who receives it has to wait for it to finish its evolution animation. At least they're getting decent IVs and nature?

Damn that's crazy. Luckily my Garchomp got a critical hit with Earthquake, and it sealed it's fate with double damage from Rough Skin. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for it now.

yeah, Rough Skin+Rocky Helmet completely screws up Mega Kangaskhan
does Chesnaught's Spiky Shield cause double damage too?

Top 5 Mega Evos in no particular order for 6v6:

Blaziken
Makes a good set (Baton Pass) even better. Regular Blaziken is a better sweeper but Mega is a really good Baton Passer

Gengar
Loses Levitate, which sucks. Gains Shadow Tag, which is fucking awesome. Will probably guarantee at least one kill a match.

Kangaskhan
Has absurd damage output and great anti-Substitute measures. Don't run Fake Out + Power Up Punch on the same set, though.

Lucario
Adaptability Close Combat is crazy. Adaptability Bullet Punch is really cool too.

Mawile
Has equivalent to base 260 Attack, the best defensive typing in the game and access to Sucker Punch to make up for its low speed.

Posting my updated trade list before I get ready to sleep:

23 Charmander (4-5 IV, 3 female)
17 Scyther (4-5 IV, Technician/Swarm)
6 Bulbasaur (4-5 IV, 2 Chlorophyll)
3 Abra (Timid, 4 IV, Magic Guard)
3 Dratini (Jolly, 2 5 IV with Shed Skin, 1 4 IV with Marvel Scale)
2 Snorlax (Adamant, 4 IV)
1 Squirtle (Bold, 4 IV, Rain Dish)

I will trade for other 4-5 IV Pokemon, but specifically, I'm looking ffor 5 IV male Pokemon from the Field and Flying egg groups, 4+ IV female Larvitar, 3+ IV female Protean Froakie, or 3+ IV female Speed Boost Torchic. Add me (0404 6068 9410) and PM me your FC and trainer name if you're interested.

Yay! Got my Magic Bounce Espeon done.

Man, Amie adds so much personality to a bunch of Pokes. I mean, some are still unequivocally unappealing but I find myself liking some a lot more than I used to. Riolu was kind of whatever in previous gens but now he's one of my favourite dudes. He does 3 backflips when you become BFFs. How cool is that?

FSLink

Banned
Posting my updated trade list before I get ready to sleep:

23 Charmander (4-5 IV, 3 female)
17 Scyther (4-5 IV, Technician/Swarm)
6 Bulbasaur (4-5 IV, 2 Chlorophyll)
3 Abra (Timid, 4 IV, Magic Guard)
3 Dratini (Jolly, 2 5 IV with Shed Skin, 1 4 IV with Marvel Scale)
2 Snorlax (Adamant, 4 IV)
1 Squirtle (Bold, 4 IV, Rain Dish)

I will trade for other 4-5 IV Pokemon, but specifically, I'm looking ffor 5 IV male Pokemon from the Field and Flying egg groups, 4+ IV female Larvitar, 3+ IV female Protean Froakie, or 3+ IV female Speed Boost Torchic. Add me (0404 6068 9410) and PM me your FC and trainer name if you're interested.
I sent you a PM.

And the soundtrack is out? YES. :D

EDIT: $9.99 and includes Pokemon Origins tracks? Oh hell yeah.

spiritfox

Yay! Got my Magic Bounce Espeon done.

Man, Amie adds so much personality to a bunch of Pokes. I mean, some are still unequivocally unappealing but I find myself liking some a lot more than I used to. Riolu was kind of whatever in previous gens but now he's one of my favourite dudes. He does 3 backflips when you become BFFs. How cool is that?

Cinccino is totally adorable in Amie. Holy shit nothing should be that cute.

Oh yeah! HP Ice Eevee done. IVs are 31 / 26 / 28 / 31 / 31 / 31 which I'm more than happy with.

Got enough good Eevees for all the Eeveelutions I want so time for a mega Geeveeway. I have a full box of Eevees with 4-5 IVs (spread is pretty arbitrary) most of them with Anticipation.

*attention grabbing picture*

My friend code is in my profile so add me first and then PM me your friend code and in game name. I'll keep an eye out for the next hour or so before I start adding people

Gah so the Reckless 5IV Mienshao I trained I trained the one without perfect HP but instead perfect SpA. So how bad is the imperfect HP...127, Minimum at level 50 is 125 (making the HP IV about 4, to be frank substitutes are how I make it survive hits if first turn does not break it but really it can't survive hits in general and is dead meat when an opponent is faster *glares at Persian*). I still have the correct one.

I'm Wonder Trading away a bunch of my Phantumps and I feel kind of like a dick because everyone who receives it has to wait for it to finish its evolution animation. At least they're getting decent IVs and nature?
A few weeks ago I did the same with Graveller. No natures or IVs but Pokerus.

Tonight (Tuesday) after 9pm is special Rotom catching time in the Lost Hotel. I'm going to see if I can get one of each form but it may take a long time...
I found 2 last time I tried. But personally, I'd Ditto breed the best Rotom (assuming you have some Safari Ditto) you find to act as a good starting point. I received a quite good one from wonder trade (needs some improvements) so might try that out sometime.

I don't wonder trade anything with fewer than 3IVs unless there's something neat about it
I now feel terrible about the Baton Pass Volbeat I have sent out on occasion. I guess its got that egg move so is neat but bleh. To make it worse I have 15 Mienfoo with 4 IV which also have that Egg move (I thought it was a good idea w/regenerator maybe to pass subs but I find U-turn works better, its egg group can give BP to Eevee and more though)

I think the best wonder trades I get are when you get foreign versions of the in-game trades (you can tell as it says they come from Link Trade). I have a Korean Froakie and a Japanese Steelix (same ID# as their English version so worthless for lottery but neat novelties nonetheless).

Tenck

What's the fastest way to level up my Marill's happiness? I've had it hold my soothe bell and run around in lumiose city, but that's been going on for like an hour now.

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone interested in me breeding more 4-IV, 0-speed, Quite Magic Guard Solosis? I'm thinking of breeding some more since people seemed to want them yesterday. If you want one, send me a PM so I know how many extras to breed. Same deal for 0-speed, Brave Intimidate Mawiles.

They're both in Luxury Balls btw.

Also, how worried should i be about bad eggs in Wonder Trade? I kind of stopped using the feature since I heard about that and I really liked it =/

What's the fastest way to level up my Marill's happiness? I've had it hold my soothe bell and run around in lumiose city, but that's been going on for like an hour now.

Use the coin trick to ride around the Eiffel Tower thing in Lumiose with Befriending O-Power until it runs out twice then level it up a bit using rare candies or whatever

vareon

GAF, are there any ideas for a team revolving around Bisharp AND Greninja? I'm building a team for fun at the local competition and this is my first time playing competitively. What I do know that both of them are sweepers.

Top Bottom