• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

L.O.R.D

some one reached to the max money
66j28IG.jpg

i guess next game the bicycle will priced for 10000000

Forkball

I finally had a Red vs. Blue battle (my character's name is Blue). He was wearing all Red too and used Red's Pokemon team from GSC. I CRUSHED HIM.

Renoir

Man.. Breeding is a bitch.
Quick question I bred a froakie. The judge said spc. Attk is godly. Which should mean that it's Maxed. But when I boot the mini game to with the bags. It does not look Maxed out at all... Is the judge a fraud. Or I'm doing it wrong?

Joqu

Anyone have a spare Chansey? Preferably one with its hidden ability for collectors purposes, but I'll take any really.

Man.. Breeding is a bitch.
Quick question I bred a froakie. The judge said spc. Attk is godly. Which should mean that it's Maxed. But when I boot the mini game to with the bags. It does not look Maxed out at all... Is the judge a fraud. Or I'm doing it wrong?

You're doing it right, but you may be interpreting the data wrong. The judge in Kiloude City judges your IVs. However, Super Training makes you improve your EVs. A freshly hatched Pokemon will not have any EVs, but all Pokemon are born with a set of IVs that never change.

GAF, are there any ideas for a team revolving around Bisharp AND Greninja? I'm building a team for fun at the local competition and this is my first time playing competitively. What I do know that both of them are sweepers.
Bump as bottom of page is blah...I'm a bad competitive player (I'm okay at movesets but bad at team building and execution) but is this competition Singles or Doubles?

Having a quick look at Bisharp the Defiant ability seems to be the way to go and sticky web existing might make it easier to trigger it now. That introduces another problem being sticky web is sometimes played to let Mega Kangaskarn sweep and these usually run with Power-up punch which utterly destroys Bsharp.

Forkball

Holy crap, I also fought against and destroyed that guy. He used Pikachu, Lapras and Snorlax against me.

Must've been different, he was Japanese and had a Raichu instead of a Pikachu. He used Blastoise/Espeon/Charizard against me. Managed to actually wipe out my Starmie with Mirror Coat (next match had the same problem), and Espeon killed my Venusaur, but I Haxorus'd my way to victory.

Renoir

You're doing it right, but you may be interpreting the data wrong. The judge in Kiloude City judges your IVs. However, Super Training makes you improve your EVs. A freshly hatched Pokemon will not have any EVs, but all Pokemon are born with a set of IVs that never change.

!!!

Iv is not ev??!
Though it was like jif and gif..
Oh jebus.

Can't I just buy perfect pokemon?!

I never noticed, but the Trainer's Eyes Meet (Maid) music has clinking noises in the background, as if it were taking place in a restaurant :D

vareon

Bump as bottom of page is blah...I'm a bad competitive player (I'm okay at movesets but bad at team building and execution) but is this competition Singles or Doubles?

Having a quick look at Bisharp the Defiant ability seems to be the way to go and sticky web existing might make it easier to trigger it now. That introduces another problem being sticky web is sometimes played to let Mega Kangaskarn sweep and these usually run with Power-up punch which utterly destroys Bsharp.

Singles. I'm pretty happy with my Defiant Bisharp with Sucker Punch/Iron Head/Swords Dance/Substitute which I copied without any creativity whatsoever, but I need like....five other Pokemon to go lol.

I never noticed, but the Trainer's Eyes Meet (Maid) music has clinking noises in the background, as if it were taking place in a restaurant :D

I'm kind of miffed that my favourite eyecatch, the Rising Star's, apparently isn't on the OST :/

I really wanted to use it as my ringtone, too...

EDIT: I can't read, this one's by Sato. Where the hell was she anyway?

I'm kind of miffed that my favourite eyecatch, the Rising Star's, apparently isn't on the OST :/

I really wanted to use it as my ringtone, too...
Aww, you're right.

I've posted some impressions of the soundtrack in the music thread, made easier now that we have most of the track credits. Feel free to jump over there if you're obsessive like me.

spiritfox

Why don't critical hits ever work out in my favour?

I had a battle where the guy's Lapras managed to get my Carbink confused on the 1st Water Pulse hit, and then I took 2 confusion hits on my Carbink and one on my Cinccino, in a row. Not to mention not getting a flinch from a Skill Link Bullet Seed. Sometimes they just want us to fail.

Bullza2o

I'm having trouble purchasing the OST (US here). It says could not purchase, the network connection was reset. Make sure the internet connection is active and try again. Everything is fine and the diagnostics were okay.

I guess iTunes doesn't want my business.

spiritfox

I'm having trouble purchasing the OST (US here). It says could not purchase, the network connection was reset. Make sure the internet connection is active and try again. Everything is fine and the diagnostics were okay.

I guess iTunes doesn't want my business.

I'm having the same error here. I think it's something with the store.

Tirael

I just got postgame and want to get a jumpstart on IV breeding. Could someone with Honedge or Houndoom in their Friend Safari please add me and PM me their FC as well?

Tirael
2552-1098-4530

Also anyone who has any leftover decent IV'd Female Protean Froakies, Brave Honedges, or Jolly Tyrunts, please let me know. I don't have much to offer, but please ask and I will do my best. Anything would save me a ton of time.

Quest1

It has both of them.

On a different note, I finally bred myself a perfect Poison Heal Shroomish with Focus Punch! I can't wait to start owning scrubs online with it >:)

Scrafty, can I have one of your breeding rejects? I can trade you some high IV noibats, Larvitars, mawiles, or marvel scale dratini. Let me know please!

Mumei

Holmes, thanks for the advice on the Power Band. I haven't gotten the 6IV Dratini I want yet, but I have managed to make more than a few 4 and 5 IVs now.

... I don't know that I need 6IV, but I'm feeling stubborn.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh yeah! HP Ice Eevee done. IVs are 31 / 26 / 28 / 31 / 31 / 31 which I'm more than happy with.

Got enough good Eevees for all the Eeveelutions I want so time for a mega Geeveeway. I have a full box of Eevees with 4-5 IVs (spread is pretty arbitrary) most of them with Anticipation.

*attention grabbing picture*

My friend code is in my profile so add me first and then PM me your friend code and in game name. I'll keep an eye out for the next hour or so before I start adding people
Do you have any Timid Eevee's with their normal ability? If not, could I get a female with an 4 or 5 IV spread?

Garciano

Neo Member
I need some friends for the Friend Safari, fell free to add me. 4484-7781-2144

Also.. I'm looking for a nice Gengar.. it doesn't have to have perfect IV or anything.... so, if you have a Haunter to trade it would be great.

I'll be online later on. Thanks!

MicH

What are you guys using for your Malamar? I'm ot quite sure what EVs to give him. So far I'm planning to use:

Malamar @ Leftovers
Contrary
Adamant (EVs ????)
- Superpower
- Night Slash / Foul Play
- Psycho Cut
- Topsy Turvy

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom