• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Neiteio

you do realize if it didn't confuse itself on the turn it did nothing to Carbink, it cancels Outrage and allows it to pick something else right
I remember I switched in Carbink on Outrage, it didn't take damage, and Dragonite became confused. I was then able to set up on him. Perhaps he was too busy hitting himself to stop me. Dragonite doesn't have anything that would OHKO Carbink, anyways (let alone full-HP Carbink with Sturdy).

Also, for people interested in what it looks like when Sableye OHKOs Garchomp, here are two videos of battles from last night:

1) Sableye vs. Garchomp (includes Carbink vs. Mega Kangaskhan and Bellyjet Azumarill -- dat stall synergy):

KLAW-WWWW-WWW2-P8G4

2) Sableye vs. Garchomp #2:

88KG-WWWW-WWW2-RWWU

3) Also, Sableye vs. Excadrill -- stays in the green against Earthquake and then OHKOs with Foul Play:

WAFW-WWWW-WWW2-QDAE

I switched Carbink in on a Dragonite locked in Outrage once, rendering a multi-turn Dragon move harmless and allowing me to set up on Dragonite before it confused itself, lol. Dat Fairy-type immunity.

I remember I switched in Carbink on Outrage, it didn't take damage, and Dragonite became confused. I was then able to set up on him. Perhaps he was too busy hitting himself to stop me. Dragonite doesn't have anything that would OHKO Carbink, anyways (let alone full-HP Carbink with Sturdy).

which is it

Wazzy

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if outrage is too risky. A fairy can switch in and end it causing a missed turn AND confusion. I feel like Dclaw is the better option now.

Kawl_USC

pointing out an obvious contradiction=mad
you should go to a thread discussing resolutions

Nah it was mainly the combination of the two posts:

you do realize if it didn't confuse itself on the turn it did nothing to Carbink, it cancels Outrage and allows it to pick something else right

which is it

which combine to give your posts an aggressive and harsh attitude to them. If that's not your intent, then more mindful word choice might be productive.

Neiteio

At any rate, whether it was a couple turns or one, confusion or not, Outrage was a free turn for Carbink. It didn't even occur to me that would happen -- even I had forgotten Fairies are immune to Dragon, or perhaps it's more the fact I tend to think of Carbink as a Rock than a Fairy. :) I guess that adds yet another layer of utility to Carbink.

Kawl_USC

I'm starting to wonder if outrage is too risky. A fairy can switch in and end it causing a missed turn AND confusion. I feel like Dclaw is the better option now.

I think a lot of people run Dragon Claw and Outrage in the same set for that reason. If your opponent has a fairy still in the stables you can run Dragon Claw and not be locked in, and once the fairy is taken out still use the much more powerful Outrage with no fear.

I remember I switched in Carbink on Outrage, it didn't take damage, and Dragonite became confused. I was then able to set up on him.

which is it

I'm saying this for people in general (sorry if you know). I think what happens with Outrage (I assume also Petal Dance and Thrash) is that you are pulled out of the lock when you come across someone you don't affect. However, if it was the move set to end on that turn (it lasts 2 or 3 turns) you still get confused.

Looking at Bulbapedia that is how it has been since Gen V

Just in case you thought it forced outrage to conclude. Confusion in above will only occur if it was 2 turn. If it was 3 turn you get spared the confusion. But yeah it is risky but that is why the move has the power it has.

Wazzy

Banned
I think a lot of people run Dragon Claw and Outrage in the same set for that reason. If your opponent has a fairy still in the stables you can run Dragon Claw and not be locked in, and once the fairy is taken out still use the much more powerful Outrage with no fear.
I don't like losing out on Equake or a fire move to put that in. I can see why people would do it but that's also a big risk.
I'm saying this for people in general (sorry if you know). I think what happens with Outrage (I assume also Petal Dance and Thrash) is that you are pulled out of the lock when you come across someone you don't affect. However, if it was the move set to end on that turn (it lasts 2 or 3 turns) you still get confused.

Looking at Bulbapedia that is how it has been since Gen V

Just in case you thought it forced outrage to conclude. Confusion in above will only occur if it was 2 turn. If it was 3 turn you get spared the confusion. But yeah it is risky but that is why the move has the power it has.

I swear I've used it once and then been confused by a fairy. I'll have to check,.

upandaway

There's an Audino in Le Wow triple battles. I prefer triples to rotation because each battle is 2-3 turns instead of 6-10. Put protect & lucky egg on the trainee, earthquake in the middle, levitate on the right, and you can get through most battles without having to take a hit
You don't even have to use protect, you can just switch the trainee out. It still takes forever.

Kawl_USC

I don't like losing out on Equake or a fire move to put that in. I can see why people would do it but that's also a big risk.

Outrage/EQ/Fire Fang/Dragon Claw could be an option, then? I mean I think Chomp has nasty enough base stats that boosting isn't necessarily all important. Run a life orb and you are still doing tons of damage with nice coverage.

Wazzy

Banned
Outrage/EQ/Fire Fang/Dragon Claw could be an option, then? I mean I think Chomp has nasty enough base stats that boosting isn't necessarily all important. Run a life orb and you are still doing tons of damage with nice coverage.

I would rather have him DD since he'll take care of most pokemon with it. You also can't use items on Mega's.

My moveset at the moment is:
Equake
Flame Burst(this is for Aegislash users)
DD
Outrage

I have to make a decision on Outrage being changed for Dclaw. Can I move relearn outrage if my charizard was bred with it? if so, I'll test out Dclaw.

Neiteio

A couple more exciting battles from last night:

Sableye, Kangaskhan and Greninja vs. Trick Room Audino, Reuniclus and Conkeldurr -- this one comes down to the wire:

HWGW-WWWW-WWW2-RWL2

Same trio, vs. Espeon, Chatot and Hydreigon -- I anticipate and avoid Espeon's Magic Guard, having learned from my mistakes last time, lol. Also, Chatot is an interesting little Pokémon, and Hydreigon pulls a fast one on Greninja:

9ZRG-WWWW-WWW2-RWKK

Kawl_USC

I would rather have him DD since he'll take care of most pokemon with it. You also can't use items on Mega's.

My moveset at the moment is:
Equake
Flame Burst(this is for Aegislash users)
DD
Outrage

I have to make a decision on Outrage being changed for Dclaw. Can I move relearn outrage if my charizard was bred with it? if so, I'll test out Dclaw.

I believe if you learn an egg move at birth, it can be relearned with a heart scale. You could try it out with a less important pokemon. And fair enough DD is nasty as he will outspeed almost everything at +1.

That's a very good point. I'll definitely take Night Slash instead of Foul Play on him then. I'm still not sure about IVs. I'm leaning towards 252 Atk, not sure if I should go 252 Speed or HP as well though

Also I just got a Japanese 4 IV Adamant Beldum off GTS. Time to MM a shiny Beldum :D (after I'm done with the Inkays)

I run:

Whoopi (Malamar @ Leftovers)
Ability: Contrary
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Def
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Topsy-Turvy

Malamar's speed is too low to bother investing in. Besides, the main advantage of Contrary is being able to get unpredictable boosts in thanks to the other team; if you need speed, switch Malamar in while Sticky Web is up, for example. He needs all the bulk he can get; EVs cover HP while Supes covers defense.

Neiteio

Hey Subzero at a Starbucks, stop me if you've heard this one before:

What did Subzero order when he went to Starbucks?

A cafétality!

Quest1

I only have 2 rejects, but would you mind one with perfect HP, Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense in exchange for a Marvel Scale Dratini? I've always wanted one of those.

Sorry I took so long to reply. But yeah that sounds awesome. I'll get on right now. I'll PM you my details.

Wazzy

Banned
I believe if you learn an egg move at birth, it can be relearned with a heart scale. You could try it out with a less important pokemon. And fair enough DD is nasty as he will outspeed almost everything at +1.
Excellent. Thanks. I'll just run Dclaw on him and then relearn Outrage if I'm not liking the results.

The good thing about this is, most people are running outrage so opponents are going to try and either bait me into using it or assume I will and switch out.
awesome thanks!!

No problem.

Busaiku

Because you could have a copy of x and y linked to your account. This lets you choose which one you want to use, even though you may just have one game linked.

Didn't the old Global Link let you change cards after you logged in?
I would much prefer that.

DaBoss

I think I'm done with Singles in Rating Battles for good now. The Pokemon variety is so limited, it's baffling how people still play it since it is so same-y. Doubles has a larger variety Pokemon that people use and offers a lot more strategy.

It also helps that Multi-Battles with Gaffers is so much fun lol.

Oh boy, top of the page lol.

Top Bottom