• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

I think I'm done with Singles in Rating Battles for good now. The Pokemon variety is so limited, it's baffling how people still play it since it is so same-y. Doubles has a larger variety Pokemon that people use and offers a lot more strategy.

It also helps that Multi-Battles with Gaffers is so much fun lol.

Oh boy, top of the page lol.
Yeah, I find it hard to do singles in the Battle Spot now after having played multi battles with you guys. It is SO much fun!

Fireblend

Banned
How do I get in on the multi-battle fun? I saw the requests yesterday while I was playing, but I was afraid of just accepting them since I didn't know if the teams had already been decided elsewhere or you guys were on some chat setting them up :p

DaBoss

How do I get in on the multi-battle fun? I saw the requests yesterday while I was playing, but I was afraid of just accepting them since I didn't know if the teams had already been decided elsewhere or you guys were on some chat setting them up :p

Usually we post here asking for anyone to join. Teams are usually just whatever place we're already in when we join the group.

I think I'm done with Singles in Rating Battles for good now. The Pokemon variety is so limited, it's baffling how people still play it since it is so same-y. Doubles has a larger variety Pokemon that people use and offers a lot more strategy.

not going for a nice ranking?

Tenck

Made some guy disconnect who was being a total asshole with nothing but encore, substitute, and swagger. Killed off my Azumarill and Gengar easily, but once I brought out Blissey and stalled it out with soft-boiled, protect, and toxic, the other guy had enough :p

Felt good.

Neiteio

LOOK AT YOU, TOP OF THE PAGE! EVERYONE POINT AT HIM, HE'S SHY!

Ahem. I love singles in Ratings Battles, but I haven't tried doubles out yet. Can two Gaffers team up and take on strangers from Japan, etc?

NEO0MJ

I switched Carbink in on a Dragonite locked in Outrage once, rendering a multi-turn Dragon move harmless and allowing me to set up on Dragonite before it confused itself, lol. Dat Fairy-type immunity.

The sad thing is that they didn't switch into me, I made the decision to use that move. Gravedior lost over a quarter of its health due to switching in on one of my moves and I thought that even with its strong SP.Def I could have killed it with Draco Meteor, but I didn't factor in its fairy type and was swiftly killed.

Firestorm

It's taking me a few minutes to fully EV train a Pokemon, but then leveling him up takes forever. Who would have thought that would be the time consuming part of getting perfect Pokemon...

Bring me back my Audino please GF.
There are Audino in the bushes on the path to whatever they call the Chateau de Versailles. Just bike at the edge of the path beside the bushes.

Once you go doubles there's no going back! Hard to give up all the options the format affords.

What would you guys say your "signature" Pokémon is right now? Mine was Sableye, but now a lot of people are apparently using it. I'm training an Electivire to take its place though because I haven't seen a single person use it online since the games' release.

MicH

What would you guys say your "signature" Pokémon is right now? Mine was Sableye, but now a lot of people are apparently using it. I'm training an Electivire to take its place though because I haven't seen a single person use it online since the games' release.
Probably Rotom-W, Greninja or Togekiss. I use these A LOT.. But I've recently taken a liking to my Scizor

Fireblend

Banned
There are Audino in the bushes on the path to whatever they call the Chateau de Versailles. Just bike at the edge of the path beside the bushes.

It's a pain to find them though; Venipedes appear in their place like 70% of the time, not to mention they're pretty underleveled. I trained my Solosis today with the daily rival battle + 2 rounds of rotation Le Wow and it's already level 42.

ScraftyDevil said:
I know it's not particularly unique or super viable for battling, but Arcanine. I just reall love the dude. Also I'm hoping this trick room Mawile I'm training works well enough to become a permanent member of my team, easily my fav. gen 3 'mon.

Busaiku

Cinccino, Jumpluff, Flareon

It took a while to get iTunes to work, but I bought the OST earlier. It's nice to finally have the soundtrack in high quality, and the 5 Origins remixes are a pretty awesome bonus.

macklelol

Probably Crobat for me. I do have a Golem all trained up to try out, so that should be fun.

Isulven Scizor, Togekiss, debatably Malamar and Avalugg.

DaBoss

I don't really have a signature Pokemon, but in Gen 5, it would be Haxorus and Lucario, but they both got nerfed pretty hard. :(

I used to use them all of the time.
not going for a nice ranking?
In Doubles Rating Battles, yes. I can't seem to break the 1700 barrier though, so I'm gonna have to work on movesets and making a more strategic team.

I've now shat on my Singles rating since I didn't really use a Singles focused team cause I couldn't be arsed to change my Battle Box lol.
LOOK AT YOU, TOP OF THE PAGE! EVERYONE POINT AT HIM, HE'S SHY!

Ahem. I love singles in Ratings Battles, but I haven't tried doubles out yet. Can two Gaffers team up and take on strangers from Japan, etc?
You can only team up in normal matches with friends/acquaintances.
Once you go doubles there's no going back! Hard to give up all the options the format affords.
Yea, I was already leaning towards Doubles since I had more fun with it, so I tried out Singles again to see if I would have fun. Despite some close matches, it wasn't as fun as Doubles.

Firestorm

It's a pain to find them though; Venipedes appear in their place like 70% of the time, not to mention they're pretty underleveled. I trained my Solosis today with the daily rival battle + 2 rounds of rotation Le Wow and it's already level 42.
Yeah I just do Le Wow Triples and stick my Pokemon with something like Heat Wave in the middle And exp share +lucky egg on something else. Find it fastest.

I don't think Electivire has gained anything to make him not suck unfortunately =/ In 2007 my signature Pokemon was likely Butter free. In 2010 definitely Lugia. In 2012 and 2013 definitely Slowking. Looking forward to what I latch onto next.

Unicorn

Right now, Malamar, but today in going to try a Heliolisk build that will hopefully mix my team up a bit.

Okay, can someone clarify the infamous Bad Egg thing? I'm reading it was a severely overblown incident that had nothing to do with Wonder Trade and was just one person's file/3DS dying.

I need to know for certain.

When I want to get someone up to Lv. 50 fast, I usually:

1. Do the rub/feed/play cycle in Amie until they have 3 hearts.
2. Give it a Lucky Egg, activate Exp. Point Power Lv. 3, and do 2 Rotation Battles at Le Wow.

Usually, that is enough for me. If I need to do any more leveling after that, I go and activate the challenge writ at Battle Chateau and do a few gym leader fights.
Okay, can someone clarify the infamous Bad Egg thing? I'm reading it was a severely overblown incident that had nothing to do with Wonder Trade and was just one person's file/3DS dying.

I need to know for certain.
The way the game handles Pokemon sent over WT, it won't send someone if their data isn't good. Most likely situation is the person's copy was messed up, since there have been little word of bad eggs - only a lot of stories.

If it is real, it's pretty isolated since I haven't heard of anyone getting it, and there have been thousands/millions of trades in the month the games have been out.

Fireblend

Banned
When I want to get someone up to Lv. 50 fast, I usually:

1. Do the rub/feed/play cycle in Amie until they have 3 hearts.
2. Give it a Lucky Egg, activate Exp. Point Power Lv. 3, and do 2 Rotation Battles at Le Wow.

Usually, that is enough for me. If I need to do any more leveling after that, I go and activate the challenge writ at Battle Chateau and do a few gym leader fights.

The Amie stuff affects gained experience? This is news to me :O

Hydreigon, Sylveon and Toxicroak.

Wazzy

Banned

Charizard, Vaporeon and Dragonite. I'm however adding in Jolteon as well once I've raised a proper one.

I don't think Electivire has gained anything to make him not suck unfortunately =/ In 2007 my signature Pokemon was likely Butter free. In 2010 definitely Lugia. In 2012 and 2013 definitely Slowking. Looking forward to what I latch onto next.

What's an unconvential, non-crappy Pokémon you'd recommend?

Tenck

Definitely Gengar. He's been in every team of mine since Pokemon Red.

Yeah I just do Le Wow Triples and stick my Pokemon with something like Heat Wave in the middle And exp share +lucky egg on something else. Find it fastest.

Lugia was even allowed?

Neiteio

Either Sableye (thanks ScraftyDevil!) or Carbink. Sometimes both! But one or the other is always in my squad in 3v3 Rating Battles.

I ran into an Electivire in a Rating Battle. I froze it -- I seem to freeze every Electric-type (Jolteon, Mega Manectric, Zapdos, etc) -- but it immediately thawed itself out. Lum Berry?

Tenck

Looking at GTS and all these requests even for a terrible pokemon are absurd. Guess I'll stick to Gaf for my trades.

Mine is either Trevenant or Ditto. Probably leaning more toward Trevenant though. People just don't expect it, and it's much more durable than I originally thought it would be. Rest + Lum Berry + Harvest = Awesome shenanigans.

Busaiku

UUBW-WWWW-WWW2-R2UD

Holy crap that was a close one.
So glad Mega Tyranitar went for Earthquake instead of Rock Slide.
Though of course that wouldn't have been an issue at all if Sleep Powder connected.

Still, Cinccino saves the day again.

MicH

Just bred this Ferroseed w/ Leach Seed and Stealth Rocks
Ferroseed - #597 (Relaxed)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 31
Speed: 10 - 13

Not 0 in Speed, but it'll do.

Mine is either Trevenant or Ditto. Probably leaning more toward Trevenant though. People just don't expect it, and it's much more durable than I originally thought it would be. Rest + Lum Berry + Harvest = Awesome shenanigans.
Was it your Ditto that transformed into DaBoss' Malamar and proceeded to sweep everything with Superpower yesterday? Because that was amazing!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What happens if someone takes your sun?

I run Infiltrator Chandelure specifically to deal with the likes of you.

Looking at GTS and all these requests even for a terrible pokemon are absurd. Guess I'll stick to Gaf for my trades.
The reason it seems that way is because the GTS is really active and the fair trades get taken up really quickly, leaving the junk ones there.

Breed Shinx or Growlithe or Togepi or somethin' else that's popular and FS-exclusive. You can put those up on the GTS and get most mons fairly easily.

Was it your Ditto that transformed into DaBoss' Malamar and proceeded to sweep everything with Superpower yesterday? Because that was amazing!
Nope. Somebody else is using Imposter Ditto?

What happens if someone takes your sun?
I never use it in the sun anyway. Lol. Every turn gives me a 50% chance to get the Lum Berry back, and it always comes back by the time I need to use it again.

I run Infiltrator Chandelure specifically to deal with the likes of you.
I'm not sure if I should be upset about this, or flattered...

Are you referring to this? VXYG-WWWW-WWW2-R3DL

That was Crimson, yo.

EDIT: Wait you weren't even in that XD And Jumpluff fucked things up

Top Bottom