• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

I don't even remember what happening except the fact that I was being stupid and brought in Mawile.
They nerfed Sleep a lot this gen, so they should've upped Sleep Powder's accuracy or made Spore more widespread.
C'mon...
No. Sleep means unable to move for sure. That is way too good of a status to inflict.

Kokonoe

Banned
MASTER BALL AND I DONT GIVE A CRAP WOO

ibtZBXgs0BhBpl.jpg

NEO0MJ

Whoah online battles with Ditto? What's the secret? Max IVs in HP and imposter?

And choice Scarf. If your opponent has a sweeper in their preview use Ditto at the right moment and you'll have a faster version of that pokemon. Just make sure it isn't one that becomes broken without its ability, such as Aegislash.

MASTER BALL AND I DONT GIVE A CRAP WOO

ibtZBXgs0BhBpl.jpg

Nice catch! And that nature works with that pokemon!

Korosenai

And choice Scarf. If your opponent has a sweeper in their preview use Ditto at the right moment and you'll have a faster version of that pokemon. Just make sure it isn't one that becomes broken without its ability, such as Aegislash.

Nice catch! And that ability works with that pokemon!

Do iv's or ev's even matter on ditto besides hp? Also, what's a good nature for one?

I might try to catch a good ditto later in the friend safari.

Tenck

Now if only I didn't have two trash Imposter Dittos :(

NEO0MJ

Do iv's or ev's even matter on ditto besides hp? Also, what's a good nature for one?

The only thing that matters for imposter Ditto is HP, as except for HP it copies all the enemies stats, even whatever stat boosts/drops that occurred during the match.

Busaiku

Yeah, Sleep is great, don't get me wrong, but Grass types are immune to Sleep Power/Spore, it lasts fewer turns, it it doesn't reset when switching out, a lot of new Pokemon that destroy Sleep inducers are faster (some older ones even got buffs), and so on.

My point is, Whimsicott, at the very least, deserves Sleep Powder.

MicH

Part 1 of Swinub breeding is done. Managed to breed Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock into them. Now breeding one with a luxury ball and then breeding one of the daughters with one of my other field mons

Kokonoe

Banned
Nice catch! And that nature works with that pokemon!

Such an amazing shiny! Congrats man! Also, amazing ability. Works great with a Sandstream lead

Lucky lucky. Great ability and nature.

Congrats!

Should have used a Premier Ball on that but it's all good. :p

Thanks! Welp, looks like I'll be using this on my team now. lol Can't believe I got a usable shiny at that. yay <3

Hey guys, I find this represents many of us well:

lol

Congrats!

Need to see a pic with the Master Ball next to the name. :p

You even got a good nature! And a good ability.

Do not doubt my craziness!

i7ooCN36YE76L.jpg

thanks!

Ditto copies their ability too. Aegislash would just be crud though, without access to multiple moves because of the Scarf. (Unless it used Swords Dance a couple times... then just wreck things with Shadow Sneak)

Firestorm

What's an unconvential, non-crappy Pokémon you'd recommend?
Honestly don't have any clue for Singles. I just remember Electivire being unable to KO anything even though it could hit everything for super effective damage.
Yeah, Sleep is great, don't get me wrong, but Grass types are immune to Sleep Power/Spore, it lasts fewer turns, it it doesn't reset when switching out, a lot of new Pokemon that destroy Sleep inducers are faster (some older ones even got buffs), and so on.

My point is, Whimsicott, at the very least, deserves Sleep Powder.
Whimsicott is probably the best example of why your suggestions would be horrible. Sleep is balanced as-is. Prankster accurate sleep would be bullshit to say the least. It's already the stupidest ability in the game.

NEO0MJ

Ditto copies their ability too. Aegislash would just be crud though, without access to multiple moves because of the Scarf. (Unless it used Swords Dance a couple times... then just wreck things with Shadow Sneak)

Oh, didn't know that. And the single move matter more now than ever. In the past it would be pretty easy to copy a pokemon like Dragonite and Outrage you opponent but now because of fairies you need to really be careful.

Holmes

Part 1 of Swinub breeding is done. Managed to breed Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock into them. Now breeding one with a luxury ball and then breeding one of the daughters with one of my other field mons
I'll be making the same Swinub set soon! (After Torchic.) If it's not too much trouble, can you put a leftover aside for me when you're near the end?

MicH

I can't decide between Jolly or Adamant for Mamoswine. Base 80 speed, I'm not sure what he can even outspeed if I go Jolly and 252 EVs in Speed

I'll be making the same Swinub set soon! (After Torchic.) If it's not too much trouble, can you put a leftover aside for me when you're near the end?
Sure, no problem

Honestly don't have any clue for Singles. I just remember Electivire being unable to KO anything even though it could hit everything for super effective damage.

Strange. I would've though that something with 123 base Attack, 95 base Speed and a stellar movepool would be really effective, especially with the additional help of a Life Orb or Expert Belt. Why did he plummet so far in the time between Gens IV and V?

Strange. I would've though that something with 123 base Attack, 95 base Speed and a stellar movepool would be really effective, especially with the additional help of a Life Orb or Expert Belt. Why did he plummet so far in the time between Gens IV and V?
I think you should go for it! Electivire shall rise again!

Busaiku

If Whimsicott got access to Sleep Powder as is, then I think that'd ok.

But it doesn't, and other Sleep inducers are beaten by so many common things.
Like Greninja, Talonflame, Noivern, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Blaziken, Grass/Sap Sippers, Klefki can even take everything but Jumpluff. and so on.

If Whimsicott got access to Sleep Powder as is, then I think that'd ok.

But it doesn't, and other Sleep inducers are beaten by so many common things.
Like Greninja, Talonflame, Noivern, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Blaziken, Grass/Sap Sippers, Klefki can even take everything but Jumpluff. and so on.

Sashed Smeargle works pretty great.

Kinokou

I'm having a bit of trouble with the egg rng guides. I get how it works when things go well, everything went smoth on my first try and I got 31 attack and X special attack.

But I don't understand what to do if I get the wrong inheritance spread. The picture says to reset and reject the egg, but what egg? The same guide told me to save after I rejected the first egg, so upon a reset there isn't an egg to reject.

NEO0MJ

But I don't understand what to do if I get the wrong inheritance spread. The picture says to reset and reject the egg, but what egg? The same guide told me to save after I rejected the first egg, so upon a reset there isn't an egg to reject.

You saved after rejecting the first egg, right? All you have to do now is wait for an egg, reject it and save again. It goes like this:

1- After leaving two pokemon at the daycare, walk until they have an egg, reject it, and then save
2- Walk until they have another egg and hatch it.
3- If it has the right spread, restart and just find the right parents. If it's wrong Restart, walk around until they have an egg, reject and then save.
Repeat steps 2&3 until you get the right spread.

You know... sometimes breeding for shinies is fun. Other times, I feel like strangling every single one of those Sableye that are cluttering up those nine and a half full boxes. DX

Inotti

Either Sableye (thanks ScraftyDevil!) or Carbink. Sometimes both! But one or the other is always in my squad in 3v3 Rating Battles.

I ran into an Electivire in a Rating Battle. I froze it -- I seem to freeze every Electric-type (Jolteon, Mega Manectric, Zapdos, etc) -- but it immediately thawed itself out. Lum Berry?

Can you please tell me nature and EV spread of that Sableye? I assume it's prankster? I watched couple of your videos and it seemed so awesome that now I want to breed one too! :O

NEO0MJ

Strange request, but is anyone here with Pokemon Y willing to capture a bunch of female Skrelps in Luxury Balls for me? I'd be willing to any favor in return.

Busaiku

Sashed Smeargle can use Magic Coat to reflect taunt.

Then it can go down before it can set up Sleep anyways.

But again, I'm not talking about Smeargle, which has access to Spore anyways.
I'm saying give Sleep Powder more accuracy or give Whimsicott Sleep Powder.

Mostly just give Whimsicott Sleep Powder.

Firestorm

He actually plumetted in usage by like month three lol. I guess "terrible" might be too strong a word but just isn't great. Give it a whirl if you want to try it out though! GyraVire shall rise again!

Neiteio

Can you please tell me nature and EV spread of that Sableye? I assume it's prankster? I watched couple of your videos and it seemed so awesome that now I want to breed one too! :O
Thanks, but credit goes to ScraftyDevil for the idea (who in turn credits Backlot, IIRC).

It's a Calm Prankster Sableye, 252 HP/252 Sp. Def/6 Def, usually holding Focus Sash, with Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Recover and Foul Play. Recover is an egg move, I believe. Taunt and Will-O-Wisp can be taught via TMs. And he learns Foul Play at lv. 50, IIRC.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh, your Swinub has 4 IVs,, and Snow Cloak.. damn it!

2 IVs? SURE LETS GO THICK FAT

Are you breeding those? I'm pretty sure I have a jolly female one with perfects in attack, def, sp def, speed if you want it. Has icicle crash too.

Strange request, but is anyone here with Pokemon Y willing to capture a bunch of female Skrelps in Luxury Balls for me? I'd be willing to any favor in return.
Would you rather have me breed a bunch? I already got a Skrelp in a lux ball from somebody and I can get both 31/X/31/31/31/31 and 31/X/31/31/31/0 spreads with the desired nature without too much issue. Was gonna breed one for personal use, anyways.

MicH

Are you breeding those? I'm pretty sure I have a jolly female one with perfects in attack, def, sp def, speed if you want it. Has icicle crash too.
Thanks for your kind offer. I literally just got a female with 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed and now breeding wth my new perfect male with... Oblivious.

They have Stealth Rock, too

Bakphoon

Was in a friend safari looking for some decent Charmeleons and this appeared:

2K4F50i.jpg

The nature is Quiet, and the ability is Magician. I would say the nature isnt TOO bad either.
(also 31 IVs in HP and SpAtk)

NEO0MJ

Would you rather have me breed a bunch? I already got a Skrelp in a lux ball from somebody and I can get both 31/X/31/31/31/31 and 31/X/31/31/31/0 spreads with the desired nature without too much issue. Was gonna breed one for personal use, anyways.

Oh, that would be Fantastic. Just send me a female and if possible a male with good IVs. Anything you want in return?

Was in a friend safari looking for some decent Charmeleons and this appeared:

2K4F50i.jpg

The nature is Quiet, and the ability is Magician. I would say the nature isnt TOO bad either.
(also 31 IVs in HP and SpAtk)

Why is this shiny so common?! I swear I see one almost every week in this thread.

- No boosting moves
- Can't kill things that don't take super effective damage from him
- His best electric attack was Wild Charge, which you can guess how it worked with Life Orb. All his other good moves were weak aside from Earthquake
- Bad physical defense

And this is all without comparing him to other similar Pokemon who just do his job better.

Tiamant

Okay so I'm trying to figure my Magnezone Hidden Power:

-Super effective against a shelmet
-Super effective against a beartic
-Super effective against a ferrothorn

Fire, right?

Well, it did shit against a Scizor :/

Okay so I'm trying to figure my Magnezone Hidden Power:

-Super effective against a shelmet
-Super effective against a beartic
-Super effective against a ferrothorn

Fire, right?

Well, it did shit against a Scizor :/
Fighting.

EDIT: Actually, it has to be Fire. It was Super Effective against my Trevenant.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks for your kind offer. I literally just got a female with 31 IVs in Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed and now breeding wth my new perfect male with... Oblivious.

They have Stealth Rock, too

No problem :)

Top Bottom