• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Inotti

Thanks, but credit goes to ScraftyDevil for the idea (who in turn credits Backlot, IIRC).

It's a Calm Prankster Sableye, 252 HP/252 Sp. Def/6 Def, usually holding Focus Sash, with Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Recover and Foul Play. Recover is an egg move, I believe. Taunt and Will-O-Wisp can be taught via TMs. And he learns Foul Play at lv. 50, IIRC.

I suppose you don't have any breeding rejects left? :D By the way does Foul play only use opponent's attack stat or will sableye's attack stat affect it as well?

NEO0MJ

Okay so I'm trying to figure my Magnezone Hidden Power:

-Super effective against a shelmet
-Super effective against a beartic
-Super effective against a ferrothorn

Fire, right?

Well, it did shit against a Scizor :/

Why not just visit the HP judge in Anistar City?

I would guess many people visit friend safaris that have it.

Yeah, but this one especially seem to pop too often. You'd think it would be a normal type that gets a shiny over representation due to people capturing lots of Dittos.

I suppose you don't have any breeding rejects left? :D By the way does Foul play only use opponent's attack stat or will sableye's attack stat affect it as well?

"It uses the target's Attack stat to calculate damage, as opposed to the user's Attack stat. The target's Attack stat modifier is incorporated into damage calculation. With the exception of the Attack stat and Attack stat modifier, all other factors affecting damage calculation, including the item, Ability, and status ailment of the user of Foul Play, are incorporated as normal. "

Tiamant

Fighting.

EDIT: Actually, it has to be Fire. It was Super Effective against my Trevenant.

That too, it's a different Magnezone though, but the IV's are very similar so fire came up again (luckily). I'm just mad at the apparent randomness of the damage dealt, 1HKO a Ferrothorn and less than half HP to Scizor? come on!

Edit: there's a HP judge? goddammit!! (Thanks NEO0MJ)

It has to be fire
That too, it's a different Magnezone though, but the IV's are very similar so fire came up again (luckily). I'm just mad at the apparent randomness of the damage dealt, 1HKO a Ferrothorn and less than half HP to Scizor? come on!
Maybe spndef assault vest scizor

Fury Sense

Speaking of breeding for shinies... I wonder if using the Eggsploit with Magikarp as faux masuda parents would be the fastest way to get a shiny anything. It requires more attention than mass hatching, but could be a lot faster if it works the same way as IVs.

Neiteio

Foul Play only uses the target's Attack stat when calculating damage, along with any boosts to it (I.E. Swords Dance, Power-Up Punch, etc). And it IGNORES the effects of Burn. So in other words, you can burn a Garchomp with Prankster Will-O-Wisp, lure it into using Swords Dance (as you saw in those two videos I posted), and then use Foul Play and OHKO it, something Garchomp users never see coming from Sableye. And if Garchomp tries to fight instead, they'll do pitiful damage under Burn -- a STAB Earthquake from Garchomp left Sableye in the green.

I believe I have some leftover Calm Prankster Recover Sableyes, but I'm at the office right now. I'll try to connect with you later and see what I can do.

MicH

Got my 31/31/31/0/31/31 Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock

It's... PERFECT. First egg after switching the parents. Female, though. COOL

Count me into the Klefki Klub. I'm gonna raise one to be my new starter for my Rain Dance team. I'm gonna be rotating between 3 different starters: Klefki, Electrode, and Liepard.

MicH

Cool, gimme the high-IV siblings :O
I only have like 4 or 5 4 IV ones, but you can definitely have one. Fastest IV breed ever - and I had NO high Iv Swinub (i DID have a good field male to use)

Alright time to EV train my latest breeds. No less than FOUR today. Swinub, inccino, Inkay and Ferroseed

Had a little play around with this team on Showdown, must have done 10 battles or so and I won 8 of them which was pretty nice. Not too good with the items though.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Weavile @ Choice Band
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Cloyster @ King's Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Surf

Espeon @ Life Orb
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Baton Pass

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Blasty

I have a bunch of Impish, Immunity Gligars w/ 1-4 perfect IVs that I'm dumping. You can give me anything in return, but your own rejects would be nice.

FC: 4725-8121-4981

Inotti

Foul Play only uses the target's Attack stat when calculating damage, along with any boosts to it (I.E. Swords Dance, Power-Up Punch, etc). And it IGNORES the effects of Burn. So in other words, you can burn a Garchomp with Prankster Will-O-Wisp, lure it into using Swords Dance (as you saw in those two videos I posted), and then use Foul Play and OHKO it, something Garchomp users never see coming from Sableye. And if Garchomp tries to fight instead, they'll do pitiful damage under Burn -- a STAB Earthquake from Garchomp left Sableye in the green.

I believe I have some leftover Calm Prankster Recover Sableyes, but I'm at the office right now. I'll try to connect with you later and see what I can do.
That would be awesome! Send me a pm when you are available! :) Do you need something? I think I have some protean froakies, 4IV Larvestas and 4IV abras left.

EDIT: and 4IV Aron

Kinokou

Strange request, but is anyone here with Pokemon Y willing to capture a bunch of female Skrelps in Luxury Balls for me? I'd be willing to any favor in return.

Sure, do you need a bunch? I can breed you a decent modest or timid one pretty quick.

Neiteio

That would be awesome! Send me a pm when you are available! :) Do you need something? I think I have some protean froakies, 4IV Larvestas and 4IV abras left.

EDIT: and 4IV Aron
A 4IV Aron would be groovy. I'd like to try Mega Aggron at some point. :)

We'll connect tomorrow or sometime this week.

- No boosting moves
- Can't kill things that don't take super effective damage from him
- His best electric attack was Wild Charge, which you can guess how it worked with Life Orb. All his other good moves were weak aside from Earthquake
- Bad physical defense

And this is all without comparing him to other similar Pokemon who just do his job better.

pretty much, coverage means nothing if you can't kill with it

Mature

Are shinies of the fishable pokemon becoming saturated? I just started fish chaining in hopes to get a shiny Staryu and ended up with a shiny Clauncher a few hours into doing it .

Holmes

Got my 31/31/31/0/31/31 Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash and Stealth Rock

It's... PERFECT. First egg after switching the parents. Female, though. COOL
Grats! :) Swinub is one of my absolute faves, after Larvitar and Chimchar.

Holmes

I'm glad that I'm getting a lot of breeding leftovers through Wonder Trade now, but 75% of what I'm getting are Froakies and Eevees. :\ Wish people would mark their IVs more frequently!

Kawl_USC

Charlie0108 said:
Cloyster @ White Herb
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell

Aegislash @ Leftovers
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Try out those items on aegislash and cloyster in my opinion. White herb removes the drop in defense and special defense from she'll smash giving you free boost and more of a chance to survive that first hit. Leftovers on aegislash just helps give him much more staying power. Between swords dance and kings shield mind games you should have many turns to take advantage of that regen.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm glad that I'm getting a lot of breeding leftovers through Wonder Trade now, but 75% of what I'm getting are Froakies and Eevees. : Wish people would mark their IVs more frequently!
It's more fun not knowing.
Riki like fun

MicH

Oops, sorry. Didn't see this before you initiated the trade.
It's absolutely no problem, thank you very much!

I'm up for a multi battle once I'm done EV training and leveling these new Pokemon.. which probably won't be for a while :p

Try out those items on aegislash and cloyster in my opinion. White herb removes the drop in defense and special defense from she'll smash giving you free boost and more of a chance to survive that first hit. Leftovers on aegislash just helps give him much more staying power. Between swords dance and kings shield mind games you should have many turns to take advantage of that regen.

The usual tactic is to Shell Smash with Smeargle and then pass it on to the appropriate sweeper based on team so I'm not sure about White Herb on Cloyster. It's a tricky one. I'll definitely put Leftovers of Aegislash though, thank you. Also, I swapped out Weavile even though it's my favourite 'Mon and put in MegaKangaskhan because she is just so OP.

Top Bottom