• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Quest1

So I have a 31/x/31/31/31/31 timid Charmander with blaze [perfect for MegaZardY] so if anything has anything cool or can help me kick start a breeding project let me know. In looking for high IV shroomish or chlorophyll bulbasuars but I'll take anything worthwhile for it.

Holmes

So I have a 31/x/31/31/31/31 timid Charmander with blaze [perfect for MegaZardY] so if anything has anything cool or can help me kick start a breeding project let me know. In looking for high IV shroomish or chlorophyll bulbasuars but I'll take anything worthwhile for it.
Any females?

That game went horribly... DX

Good job Tiamant. I think a few of you plans involved killing that Trevenant. Lol. Also, dat critical hit on Marowak...

Tiamant

That game went horribly... DX

Good job Tiamant. I think a few of you plans involved killing that Trevenant. Lol. Also, dat critical hit on Marowak...

Everything was going smoothly until Aegislash happened D:

Seriously, why didn't Hidden Power hit supper effective? It's a goddamn fire HP!

MicH

The Hidden Power guy is in the town with the big purple crystal (I forgot it's name lol). Second house to the right of the Pokecenter

Neiteio

Does it make any diference if prankster Sableye has perfect speed IV or not?
Sableye's Speed IV mainly comes in handy for other Prankster Sableye. If the other Prankser Sableye is faster, he'll go first when using status moves, and first when using Foul Play. :)

If all you're concerned about is outspeeding every non-Prankster Pokemon in existence for a quick Taunt, Will-O-Wisp or Recover, subpar speed should work fine. Bear in mind that Foul Play goes off your Speed stat and is NOT given priority under Prankster. Only status moves receive priority under Prankster.

I personally kept breeding until I got everything perfect expect Attack, which I didn't care to optimize since Foul Play is unequivocally Sableye's best attacking option, one-shotting max HP Garchomp after it uses Swords Dance (and maybe before!). :O

Artemisia

Banned
THE GYM BATTLE THEME IN THIS GAME SLAYS SO FUCKING HARD

I am listening to the HQ iTunes version and ascending to a higher plane.

FUCK ALL OF YOU THAT HATE IT

Neiteio

Laverre City, Power Plant/Pokeball Factory, Lysandre Battle and Diantha's Theme are better, though. (I don't know if those are the official theme names, but you know which ones I'm talking about.)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I agree, the way the song creeps up and builds the hype of battle is amazing. Nothing beats Kanto gyms from gen 2 onwards though.

Busaiku

Don't use U-Turn on Cinccino.
Use Baby Doll Eyes (or any other lowering/raising move) or Thunder Wave so you don't have to worry about Sucker Punch and can help out your other Pokemon.

Thanks SD!

I'm not sure how many IVs that dratini has. I need to search my boxes for a 4 one. When I find it, I'll trade request you again.

No prob! I actually managed to breed another perfect Shroomish between your request this morning and now, so you're now the proud owner of that wonderful specimen!

For anyone else who wants a 4+ IV Adamant Shroomish with Poison Heal and Focus Punch: first dibs will go to anyone who registered in the doubles tournament I'm hosting, but after the tournament's over, the leftovers will be up for grabs.

DaBoss

I've been slacking on breeding Pokemon.
No prob! I actually managed to breed another perfect Shroomish between your request this morning and now, so you're now the proud owner of that wonderful specimen!

For anyone else who wants a 4+ IV Adamant Shroomish with Poison Heal and Focus Punch: first dibs will go to anyone who registered in the doubles tournament I'm hosting, but after the tournament's over, the leftovers will be up for grabs.
I want one!

Azure J

Legendary Battle will reign supreme.

That's not Lysandre battle! That's not even Diantha's battle theme!

And Gen V still runs laps around all the battle music in XY. :p

That bit of controversy aside, Poke-GAF, I've come to a realization. Mixed Mega Blaziken > physical Mega Blaziken. I just made this:

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flamethrower
- High Jump Kick

And I'm just Banderas.gif at all of the freedom obtained from not worrying about recoil anymore.

Fury Sense

Anyone have a
colburberry.png
Colbur Berry or know where I can get one?

CrimsonN0

That's not Lysandre battle! That's not even Diantha's battle theme!

And Gen V still runs laps around all the battle music in XY. :p

That bit of controversy aside, Poke-GAF, I've come to a realization. Mixed Mega Blaziken > physical Mega Blaziken. I just made this:

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Flamethrower
- High Jump Kick

And I'm just Banderas.gif at all of the freedom obtained from not worrying about recoil anymore.
Well, you could just use Blaze Kick if you're worried about recoil.

But besides that I've been wondering if Speed Boost Blaziken really needs full speed EVs especially if you're using Protect.

Inotti

Sableye's Speed IV mainly comes in handy for other Prankster Sableye. If the other Prankser Sableye is faster, he'll go first when using status moves, and first when using Foul Play. :)

If all you're concerned about is outspeeding every non-Prankster Pokemon in existence for a quick Taunt, Will-O-Wisp or Recover, subpar speed should work fine. Bear in mind that Foul Play goes off your Speed stat and is NOT given priority under Prankster. Only status moves receive priority under Prankster.

I personally kept breeding until I got everything perfect expect Attack, which I didn't care to optimize since Foul Play is unequivocally Sableye's best attacking option, one-shotting max HP Garchomp after it uses Swords Dance (and maybe before!). :O

Thanks. :) I suppose it doesn't need good S.Atk either? By the way I was able to get my hands on prankster Sableye and already have egg move recover for it. :) If you still want that 4IV aron I can give it to you anyway. ^^

SeZMehK

Well, I will be going on vacation starting tomorrow. I will be away from the internet for 3 weeks (omg). Hopefully when I come back, I have killer builds all ready instead of using the same 3/4 pokemon I usee when I battle GAFers. MicH knows what I am talking about. Lol

Wazzy

Banned
Don't use U-Turn on Cinccino.
Use Baby Doll Eyes (or any other lowering/raising move) or Thunder Wave so you don't have to worry about Sucker Punch and can help out your other Pokemon.
Hmm I'll have to to do that too since I don't want to breed aqua tail.

Top Bottom