• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

I'm currently fighting a Mewtwo Y who is poorly doing against my stalling Porygon2.

After realising Fire attacks aren't as effective against M.Venusaur, she swaps her Hydreigon for Charizard.

Now it's Greninja against my M.Venusaur. I'm not even going to stall, just Giga Drain it to death.

AND ANOTHER DISCONNECT

Anyone up for trading? Looking for any cloned legendaries or shinys that have been floating around. Also any interesting pokes w/ Hidden abilities. I don't have much but can try to accomodate!

CrimsonN0

I'm currently fighting a Mewtwo Y who is poorly doing against my stalling Porygon2

Yeah, so far Darkrai has been the most problematic legendary to fight for me.
Even still I almost soloed one with a Pikachu because his Dark Void kept missing.
Then it did hit and he destroyed my whole team.

DaBoss

I'm currently fighting a Mewtwo Y who is poorly doing against my stalling Porygon2.

After realising Fire attacks aren't as effective against M.Venusaur, she swaps her Hydreigon for Charizard.

Now it's Greninja against my M.Venusaur. I'm not even going to stall, just Giga Drain it to death.

AND ANOTHER DISCONNECT
You should really consider rankings lol.

Or battling any one of us on GAF. We won't disconnect. :p

one_kill

Yeah, so far Darkrai has been the most problematic legendary to fight for me.
Even still I almost soloed one with a Pikachu because his Dark Void kept missing.
Then it did hit and he destroyed my whole team.
Darkrai's a pain, especially when Dark Void keeps hitting your Pokemon.

I usually fight it by using Azumarill's Play Rough. Darkrai is usually pretty frail so they go down with no problem, but I still need to get it to sleep though so that my Azumarill can have a chance to use the move.

I would fight you guys... but I'm not confident. I think I'm afraid of fighting Crimson the most. From what I've been read here, I don't think my Pokemon can counter his team.

macklelol

I might disconnect
cause my internet is terrible.

Just had a passerby disconnect after my Roserade's Sleep Powder hit, pretty damn hilarious.

Quest1

I might disconnect
cause my internet is terrible.

Just had a passerby disconnect after my Roserade's Sleep Powder hit, pretty damn hilarious.

Dude, I don't think our pokemon levels are scaled. My latios was still 100.

Edit: I'm down for some multi for a little too.

DaBoss

I would fight you guys... but I'm not confident. I think I'm afraid of fighting Crimson the most. From what I've been read here, I don't think my Pokemon can counter his team.
Try Multi-Battles then to boost your confidence, get more comfortable, and most importantly have fun, because they are a lot of fun (especially when things go wrong like attacking your own partner lol).

No one is going to make fun of you or brag like an asshole if they win. :p

CrimsonN0

I think I have everyone one as Friends or at least Acquaintances except for ugoo18.

In which case:

My FC:5000-3009-5859
IGN: Crimson

Though, yeah, theres now like 7 people for Multi now.

Firestorm

Is there a reason some of you guys keep playing Unrated Battles? I notice complaints abouy Legendaries but isn't that what that ladder is for?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there a reason some of you guys keep playing Unrated Battles? I notice complaints abouy Legendaries but isn't that what that ladder is for?

I've been doing rated doubles lately while I fix my team up. I have to adjust it a bit for Special though because it has Infernape and Empoleon (who is working great as an Assault Vest special attacker, holy shit). I'm doing better than I thought I would be, 5-2 or 7-3 or whatever my rating is. I know I've got a winning record.

Korosenai

Ehh, not much I could have done there other than maybe mass switching/intimidate spam that Dragonite. ._.
I think a dragon claw would have killed Houndoom anyways.

You should have hydro pumped his Zard. Spencer is so dead :(

Edit: fuuuuuck I forgot you can hurt teammates in doubles. I've been playing singles too much.

macklelol

GGs, Quest1. That's a tough team to battle against. Is your Talonflame Adamant with full Speed investment? Wondering if we had a speed tie in the second battle we had or if yours was just faster.

Quest1

GGs, Quest1. That's a tough team to battle against. Is your Talonflame Adamant with full Speed investment? Wondering if we had a speed tie in the second battle we had or if yours was just faster.

Thanks, ggs to you too. Staraptor is a beast. What's it's set? My tflame is adamant choice band 252speed. We probably tie.

I've actually just been fooling around with team composition, trying stuff that looks like it could work.

macklelol

Thanks, ggs to you too. Staraptor is a beast. What's it's set? My tflame is adamant choice band 252speed. We probably tie.

I've actually just been fooling around with team composition, trying stuff that looks like it could work.

I'm using Scarfed Staraptor right now. While I am liking how it performs, I am thinking about using Banded Staraptor, just for that raw power. The set I'm using right now is:
Jolly nature
Reckless
252 Atk/252 Spe
Brave Bird/Double-Edge/Close Combat/U-turn

And you can pretty much put either Scarf or Band with that set.

And yeah, our Talonflames had the same speed, so a speed tie lol.

SeZMehK

I am finally home. That damn meeting ran late. It was supposed to be from 6p to 8pm. It ran to 9p. Then I also dropped off a co-worker at home. Got home at 10. Took a shower, had dinner, watched Arrow. I am now here. >.>

Korosenai

Awwwww, what happened? That was a good game.

Oh well, I was done after that one anyways. Good games guys! That was a lot of fun.

Top Bottom