• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Dandalf

Neo Member
I haven't managed to catch you online as of yet.

I'm still cloning though ( sloooowly haha)

I have -

6IV Shiny Mew
6IV Jap Ditto
Happy Hour Inkay

I'd love one of those Dittos if you don't mind.

As Bank hasn't opened yet I haven't been able to move over my RNG'd 31 IV Japanese Ditto yet, and I REALLY want to start breeding.

I PM'd you as well!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How well have you done against Talonflame?

Never had any problems, he's got enough bulk to survive a hit with ease and enough speed to move before any of the other mons on the field. I'm doing an even HP/Spd split btw. Feel free to go bulkier if you think you need it.

MicH

You're such a pokehipster Mich.
I am not! I love my Rotom-W and Greninja :p

But I would love to try it that HA Seaking out.

Also Mega Kanga and Talonflame are just the worst. And they are everywhere. I swear every Battle Spot team consists of Talonflame, Mega Kanga/Mawile, Greninja, Rotom-W, Aegislash ahd Charizard or a variation of this

I've trained up every one of these except Aegislash and Talonflame

one_kill

Never had any problems, he's got enough bulk to survive a hit with ease and enough speed to move before any of the other mons on the field. I'm doing an even HP/Spd split btw. Feel free to go bulkier if you think you need it.
Thanks B-Dubs! I'll try it out

I am not! I love my Rotom-W and Greninja :p

But I would love to try it that HA Seaking out.

Also Mega Kanga and Talonflame are just the worst. And they are everywhere. I swear every Battle Spot team consists of Talonflame, Mega Kanga/Mawile, Greninja, Rotom-W, Aegislash ahd Charizard or a variation of this

I've trained up every one of these except Aegislash and Talonflame
Yeah. I got destroyed by these two yesterday. Granted I made some poor decisions and I was testing out new mons, but my stallers weren't effective.

Korosenai

I've never had problems with Talonflame using Galvantula. Thunder kills it everytime, and since I use focus sash, I usually still get a 50/50 chance to use sticky web the next turn, depending on the next Pokemon's speed.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I wish Nintendo would allow nicknames to be changed outside of the game a Pokemon was encountered in.

I'm not one for renaming my Pokemon. I've always stuck with their vanilla names, but I have 20+ shinies and have thought recently about nicknaming them just so they have some extra character.

The problem now is that I have a bunch I've hatched in Black and White 2 that I've moved to different carts, and I've since reset my Black and White 2 files, meaning I couldn't trade them back and nickname them.

Do you guys nickname Pokemon? If so, with what frequency? What's your standard for Pokemon nicknames?

SeZMehK

I wish Nintendo would allow nicknames to be changed outside of the game a Pokemon was encountered in.

I'm not one for renaming my Pokemon. I've always stuck with their vanilla names, but I have 20+ shinies and have thought recently about nicknaming them just so they have some extra character.

The problem now is that I have a bunch I've hatched in Black and White 2 that I've moved to different carts, and I've since reset my Black and White 2 files, meaning I couldn't trade them back and nickname them.

Do you guys nickname Pokemon? If so, with what frequency? What's your standard for Pokemon nicknames?

I never nicknamed my pokes before but I feel like doing it now since we will be having a bank to save them :D

DaBoss

I would hope that Pokemon Bank would allow us to change them. Just allow us to change ones that have a PokeBall marking instead of a Pentagon.

There should be some sort of once-per-game "transfer ownership" option where your newfangled XY cartridge / future game / etc gets naming capabilities from natively-caught Pokemon from your last game.

I try to nickname all of mine with no particular standards across the board, but a lot of music / color references make their way in there. Shiny Sylveon is Cyanide, Scizor is Corvette, etc.

one_kill

Man, I just had someone d/c on me
It's so irritating

I just started nicknaming my competitive Pokemon. At first I was trying to be funny (e.g., calling Mega Venusair 'Soviet Union'), but then I started using random names I've got from random Wikipedia articles.

SeZMehK

Bleh, I have to attend the board meeting at work tonight which is in 15 minutes. Sigh, I hate long meetings. The only good thing is that I will be getting dinner. :/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Still waiting for a shiny Ralts to nickname Chinensis.
All my other EV/IV are named after other Rose species.
Kinda wish I thought of naming my character Rosa; it's for Pokemon Z I guess.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks B-Dubs! I'll try it out

Yeah. I got destroyed by these two yesterday. Granted I made some poor decisions and I was testing out new mons, but my stallers weren't effective.

Mega-Kanga goes through everything I've tried throwing at it. Only times I've beaten it is when I've had Infernape on the field already and just hit it with Close Combat first. I don't think anything can stall that monster.

ffdgh

Mega-Kanga goes through everything I've tried throwing at it. Only times I've beaten it is when I've had Infernape on the field already and just hit it with Close Combat first. I don't think anything can stall that monster.

Hmm...Sableye with will-o-wisp?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm...Sableye with will-o-wisp?

Earthquake would wreck it, also will-o-wisp isn't going to do much when Mega Kanga hits twice. Sure it could survive one, but two? I seriously doubt that. That ability is a real killer.

Even if you're faster and can KO it instantly, you have to hope she isn't going to use Sucker Punch.

backlot

Earthquake would wreck it, also will-o-wisp isn't going to do much when Mega Kanga hits twice. Sure it could survive one, but two? I seriously doubt that. That ability is a real killer.

Even if you're faster and can KO it instantly, you have to hope she isn't going to use Sucker Punch.

Burned Kangaskhan can't even do 50% to Sableye. It doesn't even have to invest in defense EVs.

Wichu

252+ Atk Parental Bond burned Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 109-130 (35.8 - 42.7%) -- 94.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

LOL no. Sableye ain't going down that easily :)

EDIT: Beaten.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Burned Kangaskhan can't even do 50% to Sableye. It doesn't even have to invest in defense EVs.

Really? I'd have thought that it would hit hard enough with the two hits.

252+ Atk Parental Bond burned Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Sableye: 109-130 (35.8 - 42.7%) -- 94.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

LOL no. Sableye ain't going down that easily :)

EDIT: Beaten.

That's a lot of math.

one_kill

What happens to you if someone d/c during a battle? I know the person who d/c loses, but what about you? Does it count as a win?

DaBoss

What happens to you if someone d/c during a battle? I know the person who d/c loses, but what about you? Does it count as a win?
It counts as nothing.

I want to ask, are you doing Ratings? Cause I've seen you post about beating teams with legendaries and stuff so yea.

one_kill

It counts as nothing.

I want to ask, are you doing Ratings? Cause I've seen you post about beating teams with legendaries and stuff so yea.
Ah no, just random people on PSS. Ratings is Battle Spot right? I haven't touched that part of the game yet.

I'm still new to competitive battling so I'm still learning things about breeding, team formation, tactics, etc. Assuming that ratings is where people show off their best, I'm not confident to do something like that yet.

Spinluck

Timid I believe. It's a Multiscale one, too!

Aww dammit.

Lugia is my favorite Pokemon, and this is just to good to pass up. Even if I vastly prefer regular blue Lugia.

Not sure if you're into collecting shinys or if you're able to clone- but I have a shiny Magneton and Bronzong (currently my only two shinys) lying around and would totally trade for one if you have an extra.

If it's a shiny Lugia with Multiscale, it's 100% hacked.

Hey mack are you available for that Spiritomb?

MicH

If it's a shiny Lugia with Multiscale, it's 100% hacked.
99% of these 6 IV shiny legendaries are most definitely hacked, so eh

Aww dammit.

Lugia is my favorite Pokemon, and this is just to good to pass up. Even if I vastly prefer regular blue Lugia.

Not sure if you're into collecting shinys or if you're able to clone- but I have a shiny Magneton and Bronzong (currently my only two shinys) lying around and would totally trade for one if you have an extra.
I'll clone one for you sometime ,I have en exam on Monday, so it might not be until after then

Top Bottom