• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Usobuko

Banned
I just got a Mawile via wonder trade. Seismic Toss, Metal Burst, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch in a heal ball. I then looked more closely, its no heal ball but rather a love ball, female too.

Looks like my Mawile breeding project just restarted (sucker punch is the only egg move I want, a male will make a useful S-toss pass to Chansey).

Possible to spare one of your breeding rejects :( ?

Kirlia

Banned
If cloning legendaries is a thing that is happening in this thread, I'd love to have any available extras. Unfortunately, I don't really have anything special...only a bunch of 4IV Phantump with Harvest and Jolly natures. If need be, I can breed any starters and provide evolutionary stones in exchange (I can also infect Pokemon with Pokerus, if that is wanted), but I don't have any shiny Pokemon for trade.

But feel free to PM me if you want to work out an offer. :)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
>_> anyone giving out shiny legendaries at the moment?

Got my hands on a shiny JPN Kyurem and a shiny KOR Virizion.

You get a shiny Mew/Darkrai yet?

Once I get done with my current cloning endeavors, if you haven't, I'll put you on the shortlist. Probably gonna try for 6-8 clones, but my timing has been failing me more often recently.

Got my hands on a shiny JPN Kyurem and a shiny KOR Virizion.

What are their natures, out of curiosity?

5 minutes.

No worries.

DaBoss

Ah no, just random people on PSS. Ratings is Battle Spot right? I haven't touched that part of the game yet.

I'm still new to competitive battling so I'm still learning things about breeding, team formation, tactics, etc. Assuming that ratings is where people show off their best, I'm not confident to do something like that yet.
Battle Spot also has an to do random battles as well (it still has legendaries show up). It doesn't count towards any ranking.

Random PSS battles are the worst, IMO.

DaBoss

WTF? Purrloin stands on 2 feet now?

mz22lGM.gif

B/W:
mrefSrS.png

ugoo18

Choice Scarf Greninja is damm fast.

Battle with a passerby and my team got bogged down by stealth rock, 2 levels of spikes and a sticky web.

Choice scarf greninja proceeds to still outspeed and almost completely sweep my opponent. Game disconnected :( after he was down to his last 2 pokemon.

CrimsonN0

Can't find another Thunder Stone.

I've only used up two to evolve Jolteon and Eelektross.
Apparently, there should be one more stone somewhere.

I definitely got the one on route 11 since I had to look for it when I only had one.
Which means either route 10 with all the large stones or route 13 the desert.

Any Shiny/Legendary/Ideal nature and IV cloners on right now? Was hoping to snatch some up seeing as how I miss all the daytime festivities due to work.

You get a shiny Mew/Darkrai yet?

Once I get done with my current cloning endeavors, if you haven't, I'll put you on the shortlist. Probably gonna try for 6-8 clones, but my timing has been failing me more often recently.

What are their natures, out of curiosity?
I didn't get them, actually. x_x

Kyurem - Docile
Virizion - Quirky

lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
You can get them from the Stunfisk Super Training stage.

I've only ever gotten one from super training the first time I beat a stage.

Might have better odds from Inverse battling. IIRC, I think all the non-buyable stones are on his list of possible rewards.

I'm good to trade now, was supposed to be home earlier but fucking flat tire

Alright, I'm on now.

I didn't get them, actually. x_x

Got an extra darkrai, you have a clone of the Virizion by chance?

Got an extra darkrai, you have a clone of the Virizion by chance?
I do not, but I can whip one up in 10 minutes!

Edit: I get all my stones from Super Training. Just use a Pokemon EV trained in ATK/Speed and you'll breeze by it. My Garchomp gives me all of the stones when I finish a session quickly.

Yeah, I guess I haven't done Super Training in a while.

Managed to get 2 Thunder Stones out of 15 tries.

I've found the Super Training is more dependent on a sweet spot in time. I was trying to get a Dusk stone and was absolutely killing it but getting nothing. Once I slowed down I got one. It's weird.

Tiamant

Well played Hibi, I never thought Mamoswine would outspeed Xatu, and letting that Quiver Dance get into my head cost me my precious Venomoth :(

one_kill

Battle Spot also has an to do random battles as well (it still has legendaries show up). It doesn't count towards any ranking.

Random PSS battles are the worst, IMO.
I'll give Battle Spot a shot!

Xerneas doesn't trade for shit on the GTS :-(
1. Offer Xerneas or Yveltal for Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres
2. Offer Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres for Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion
3. Offer Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion for Entei, Raikou, or Suicune
4. Offer Entei, Raikou, or Suicune for other legendaries.

ugoo18

Yup, pretty stupid by my part considering I was testing Xatu's magic bounce and I let you use stealth rock -_-

If i didn't get that Swords Dance + Baton pass to Garchomp in i'm not sure how that would have ended up lol.

I wasn't sure if your Magnezone had an air balloon and i wasn't willing to risk an earthquake from any thing else to find out.

Tiamant

If i didn't get that Swords Dance + Baton pass to Garchomp in i'm not sure how that would have ended up lol.

I wasn't sure if your Magnezone had an air balloon and i wasn't willing to risk an earthquake from any thing else to find out.

Funny thing is my Magnezone ALWAYS had an air balloon until this afternoon, sigh. GG anyway!

I'll give Battle Spot a shot!

1. Offer Xerneas or Yveltal for Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres
2. Offer Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres for Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion
3. Offer Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion for Entei, Raikou, or Suicune
4. Offer Entei, Raikou, or Suicune for other legendaries.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I used the Elgyem > Milotic > Xerneas guide posted earlier. Got two Xerneas so far but Xerneas doesn't trade for shit.

Tiamant

lol thought so, Blaziken was pretty much my only way of killing it then.

Yep GG

EDIT: Damm that Weavile and it's fake out lol.

That was one of the closest matches I've had recently, well played. Marowak decided that game, I'm so happy with him!

Yeah, sure, I'm on, just trying to get back my mojo for cloning timing in between Dota matches.
Ah. Haha, thanks, man.

I'm trying to get the right timing, too. It seems like everytime I begin to lose my cool, I can clone.

I guess I just need someone to piss me off all the time lol.

ugoo18

Bright powder :p

That's why I encored the High Jump Kick, I was hoping for a miss and then finish off with Moonblast but that never happened :(

Ahh ok

lol the 100% accuracy move missed because of it but the ever fickle High Jump Kick never did.

macklelol

GGs Crimson. That team is really freaking annoying to play against, especially when I'm using a slower team. Confused all day. Do you not have Dragon Dance on your Mega Tyranitar? I'm guessing you're using some sort of defensive spread for it, since my Jellicent was faster than it.

CrimsonN0

GGs Crimson. That team is really freaking annoying to play against, especially when I'm using a slower team. Confused all day. Do you not have Dragon Dance on your Mega Tyranitar? I'm guessing you're using some sort of defensive spread for it, since my Jellicent was faster than it.

Its a kinda defensive, mixed Tyranitar. It was also built for Trick Room.
I actually just built the team around the idea of pokemon with Lightning Rod, Flash Fire, Water Absorb, and Sap Sipper.
I ended up just throwing in my Dragonair to Thunder Wave and Tyranitar to set up Stealth Rock.

one_kill

That's exactly what I'm doing. I used the Elgyem > Milotic > Xerneas guide posted earlier. Got two Xerneas so far but Xerneas doesn't trade for shit.
Oh tough. I've swapped a couple of Xerneas since yesterday to get doubles of the Hoenn mascots. I even scored a shiny Palkia.
Try swapping Xerneas for Yveltal
Then putting Yveltal up for Moltres or Zapdos
Then put Moltres or Zapdos up for Virizion

Top Bottom