• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Thanks SeZMehK!

Oh man I wonder if I should have went for Trace rather than Download.
Trace is great if you're able to swap in against a Pokemon with an awesome ability.

In the battle I just had, I was able to freeze three Pokemon with Ice Beam because of Serene Grace. It was pretty hype!

Protean Porygon2 is pretty nice if you want to play around with your opponent's head. However, it can sometimes bites you back because you might forget what type your Porygon2 changed to (like using Toxic on a Mewtwo).

Other times it's quite useless. For example, having Speed Boost when trying to stall Mega Blaziken or having Gale Wings against Talonflame.

SeZMehK

I finally got the perfect iv spread on a male frillish. Time to work on my togepi and get that out of the way. Stupid befriending crap. >.>

I believe I have a Togepi friend safari, I can catch you one if you want in a luxury ball if your desperate?
If you are looking for a Serene Grace one, I can breed one in luxury ball for you later tonight. Just PM me your FC, I can't check if I already have you added right now.
I appreciate the offers but the classic Pokegaf luck of "complain on GAF" worked. Well okay I decided to seek female Togepi rather than ask for one but one had a description saying "has luxury ball" and I could make their offer. It is your standard FS one with the luxury ball and serene grace.

Edit: Chansey has a tail?!
It gets Iron Tail as an egg move? Well no, BW2 Tutor&GenIII/IV only its just that it can learn Iron Tail is the proof of a tail.

That said so can Alakazam despite it not having a tail (its not pre-evolution only move either, which would make sense considering Abra and Kadabra). I guess Gamefreak would say its really small or something like a tailbone, evolution eh.

spiritfox

It gets Iron Tail as an egg move? Well no, BW2 Tutor&GenIII/IV only its just that it can learn Iron Tail is the proof of a tail.

That said so can Alakazam despite it not having a tail (its not pre-evolution only move either, which would make sense considering Abra and Kadabra). I guess Gamefreak would say its really small or something like a tailbone, evolution eh.

Nah he just slaps you with his whiskers.

Korosenai

Thanks! Wasn't sure what you have already so I Figured id trade you an Anorith lol.

edit: It's got aqua jet too. Slap a choice band on it and it's pretty powerful.

SeZMehK

Thanks! Wasn't sure what you have already so I Figured id trade you an Anorith lol.

edit: It's got aqua jet too. Slap a choice band on it and it's pretty powerful.

Nice. I've got a huge queue of pokemon to breed. I'll stick it in somewhere. Lol.

Korosenai

Nice. I've got a huge queue of pokemon to breed. I'll stick it in somewhere. Lol.

Same here. I might post some pics of my collection so far. I have over a box and a half of iv bred Pokemon, and almost two and a half boxes of Pokemon in the queue I need to breed.

ugoo18

Watching the old Indigo Plateau season of Pokemon for some nostalgia and good old Gary Oak throws this statement out

Diglett can pull it's head into it's hole at the speed of light.......

JoeM86

Happened again. I'm starting my "for fun" playthrough, finally, now I have done everything possible with X & Y for the site.

Rather than go through with a lame Torrent Froakie, I decided to breed for a Protean Froakie to send over to replace the starter.

Hatched a six max IV Froakie and was happy, until I checked the ability. It was Torrent. I was sad.

A few eggs later, I got five max IVs with Protean so I was happy to settle four that.

Wonder Traded the Froakie, though. Hope the person who got it enjoys it.

Not sure what to breed next...

Maybe a Special Attacker Riolu or Porygon?

Or I'll finally join the club and breed a Protean Froakie... I have a good mother in a Luxury Ball, too.

Or I'll finally join the club and breed a Protean Froakie... I have a good mother in a Luxury Ball, too.

Are the luxury balls just for show or do they do something to the training of the pokemon?

Korosenai

Go with Froakie. You gonna go Timid or mixed for a u turn set?

Also, I think I'm gonna breed a Timid Froakie myself... What kind of iv spread do I need for hp fire?

Are the luxury balls just for show or do they do something to the training of the pokemon?

Only the most cleanest, the most rich Pokémon live in Luxury/Premier balls. It's the only way to live!

They do nothing for the training of the Pokémon. They do raise the happiness levels quicker than usual, though.

Go with Froakie. You gonna go Timid or mixed for a u turn set?

Also, I think I'm gonna breed a Timid Froakie myself... What kind of iv spread do I need for hp fire?
I'm gonna go for that same set, man. LOL. HP Fire Timid Froakie.

The max IV spread you need for that is either 31/31/30/30/31/30 or 31/30/31/30/31/30.

I would do the latter. The defenses have that +1, and in the first set you won't be utilizing the +1 towards attack.

It's all up to preference, though.

Edit: Greninja can't even take a hit regardless anyway but that's what I'm going for lol

DaBoss

The max IV spread you need for that is either 31/31/30/30/31/30 or 31/30/31/30/31/30.

I would do the latter. The defenses have that +1, and in the first set you won't be utilizing the +1 towards attack.

Edit: Greninja can't even take a hit regardless anyway but that's what I'm going for lol
It's going to be out sped by other Greninja.

Muku

What I tend to do on GTS for things like this is put up a Safari Ditto or a Pokebank Pokemon (non-starters like Stantler, Kricketot stand out a bit more) and ask for Mankey. Both cases should net the result in a few hours or less. Most things with reasonable offers go pretty quickly. Except Porygon holding up-grade for Porygon2, that'll either go quickly or get buried pages back and take weeks.
Yeah, only problem with GTS is I already have a Pokemon up at time. And it was kind of a last minute thing. I realized, belatedly, I didn't have one. :( Was about to breed a move on a Pokemon so it was kind of a last minute I need it now kind of thing if possible. Was last egg move I needed to put on Pokemon. Though, I tend to find GTS kind of slow. I can be giving folks a great deal but still takes a day for something to be taken. I almost feel like folks don't bother looking because of all the ridiculous stuff on there. I know I don't anymore unless it's something I need right now.

I haven't really bothered collecting PokeBank Pokemon. I'm not in a rush. This will be first time I've ever bothered to finish a Pokedex in any game. But I tend not to have things that probably trade well. I don't seek them out per se, and I know I surely don't have the luck some folks do on WT.

I have found FS's I have access to are pretty piss poor. I am still on look out for a Normal one with Ditto's or Chansey's. Not that I can complain though because my own FS sucks, LOL.

Korosenai

Only the most cleanest, the most rich Pokémon live in Luxury/Premier balls. It's the only way to live!

They do nothing for the training of the Pokémon. They do raise the happiness levels quicker than usual, though.

That looks too specific for my taste, and will probably be a bitch to pull off... I think I might just stick with my mixed Greninja lol.

Also, I am now 33-33 in rating battles this season.... I usually win one then lose the next. I guess I need to find a better team.

macklelol

That looks too specific for my taste, and will probably be a bitch to pull off... I think I might just stick with my mixed Greninja lol.

Also, I am now 33-33 in rating battles this season.... I usually win one then lose the next. I guess I need to find a better team.

Hey Nub, did I give you a Spiritomb yet?

Actually, while I'm at it...

Anyone have a Quiet Porygon breeding reject I can use for the future? Preferably with 0 in Speed but if not, that's awesome.

Kirlia

Banned
The damn RNG gods keep giving me a male togepi. I need a female so I can breed it with the god ditto. :/

I actually have a spare female Togepi. It's level 30, has 3 perfect IVs (HP, Attack, Sp. Attack) and has Serene Grace, but its nature is Lonely, so there's that.

It'd be rad if you happen to have any spare legendaries (via cloning, if you've done that), but I'm open to any offers.

Korosenai

Yo, what the shit. A x4 Fire Punch from Dragonite only took down Mega Aggron's health by around 40%.... that thing is too bulky.

SeZMehK

I actually have a spare female Togepi. It's level 30, has 3 perfect IVs (HP, Attack, Sp. Attack) and has Serene Grace, but its nature is Lonely, so there's that.

It'd be rad if you happen to have any spare legendaries (via cloning, if you've done that), but I'm open to any offers.

I am trying to get a timid serene grace one. >.<

Top Bottom