• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

MicH

DO IT! JOIN THE LUXURY BROS!
But it's so many :(

Goodra, Greninja, Mawile, Togekiss, Cinccino (currently in premier),Eelektross, Milotic, Ninetails, Salamence.

Ugh. I bred Ninetails and Salamence fairly recently, but couldn't get ahold of HA versions in luxury balls :( Togekiss is easy, so is Greninja. And I already have Tynamo and Feebas in luxury balls, thanks to you. Hmm I might

DaBoss

lol all of my competitive Pokemon (non-genderless) are in Luxury Balls.

I think I started the whole Luxury Ball craze too as soon as it was found out that PokeBalls pass down.

SeZMehK

But it's so many :(

Goodra, Greninja, Mawile, Togekiss, Cinccino (currently in premier),Eelektross, Milotic, Ninetails, Salamence.

Ugh. I bred Ninetails and Salamence fairly recently, but couldn't get ahold of HA versions in luxury balls :( Togekiss is easy, so is Greninja. And I already have Tynamo and Feebas in luxury balls, thanks to you. Hmm I might

Anything that I bred that can pass down the ball, it has been all luxury balls. No matter how painful it was. Gender-less is obviously plain. >.<
lol all of my competitive Pokemon (non-genderless) are in Luxury Balls.

I think I started the whole Luxury Ball craze too as soon as it was found out that PokeBalls pass down.
Thanks to you, I am with you on the same path.

Korosenai

Off topic, but does anyone want my crunchy roll 48 hour guest pass? I don't have anyone to give it to and it expires soon.

On topic, I am now going to train a Mega Aggron. That thing is a monster.

SeZMehK

Dammit, still no female togepi... :/

@MicH and DaBoss: I've got female frillish in luxury balls for both of you. They know pain split, recover and acid armor. Tell me when you want them. :p

MicH

Dammit, still no female togepi... :/

@MicH and DaBoss: I've got female frillish in luxury balls for both of you. They know pain split, recover and acid armor. Tell me when you want them. :p
Goddddd yesssss! Thank you!

Does anyone here have:

Female HA Vulpix in a luxury ball

Female HA Bagon in a luxury ball

Female Mawile in a luxury ball

Female Gooey Goomy n a luxury ball

Please let me know :D

fek

I started with luxury balls about a month ago thanks to you guys in this thread too. Went ahead and rebred all I had. Also went back to gen V and caught the legendaries with the nature I wanted and in luxury ball. Still not sure why, but I can't stop anymore.

Mich, I most likely have extra female Mawile, Goomy and Minccino in luxury balls I could pass you later if you plan on rebreeding.

MicH

I started with luxury balls about a month ago thanks to you guys in this thread too. Went ahead and rebred all I had. Also went back to gen V and caught the legendaries with the nature I wanted and in luxury ball. Still not sure why, but I can't stop anymore.

Mich, I most likely have extra female Mawile, Goomy and Minccino in luxury balls I could pass you later if you plan on rebreeding.
Thank you! I have a Minccino already, but the Mawile and Goomy will help me out greatly :D

SeZMehK

FUCKING YES. As other people have stated, complaining to GAF works. I just got my timid female serene grace togepi. Time to evolve her then breed it with the god ditto. Wooo.

macklelol

Goddddd yesssss! Thank you!

Does anyone here have:

Female HA Vulpix in a luxury ball

Female HA Bagon in a luxury ball

Female Mawile in a luxury ball

Female Gooey Goomy n a luxury ball

Please let me know :D

I can go get a HA Vulpix and Bagon for you.

ScraftyDevil, whatever happened to the Podcast?

Life got in the way. I didn't want to start it until I have time to edit and produce it, which I will starting in a few weeks.

Would there be interest in something like that, though? Who here would listen to a semi -regular PokéGAF podcast?

SeZMehK

Life got in the way. I didn't want to start it until I have time to edit and produce it, which I will starting in a few weeks.

Would there be interest in something like that, though? Who here would listen to a semi -regular PokéGAF podcast?

I never listened to a podcast before so yours should be interesting. :D

Edit: @MicH: Enjoy, when you are working on the bagon, let me get a reject then. :p

Aggrotek

Well I would definitely be up for hosting. If you'd have me.

Well I would definitely be up for hosting. If you'd have me.

You, Beef and Emitans still have priority for hosting spots since you were the first three to show interest. There'll probably be a rotating fifth slot though so that we can have special guests and the like.

ugoo18

Is there a stat calculator that incorporates things like stat boosts and depletions from moves like swords dance, sticky web and other things like that?

I have a sudden urge to rebreed all my old Pokémon into luxury ball versions

Please stop me

I have this urge too, but I do my best to fight it off. It's not like it would take too long now that Ditto the Gawd exists but still.

I'm happy with what I have, I guess it just gives me more motivation to stick to Luxury/Premier balls in the future.

SeZMehK

I have this urge too, but I do my best to fight it off. It's not like it would take too long now that Ditto the Gawd exists but still.

I'm happy with what I have, I guess it just gives me more motivation to stick to Luxury/Premier balls in the future.

Eww premier! Get rid of those dirty pokeballs! Lol.

ugoo18

Just use the Showdown damage calculator but ignore the damage.

What?

That's what i currently use

EDIT: Wait i found this on Gfaqs on the Heartgold board. Is this accurate?

Moves that raise stats raise them by 1 level, or get a +50% boost. Moves that sharply raise your stats raise them by 2 levels, or get a +100% boost. Stat increasing moves can be stacked, but your cannot raise a move by more than 6 levels, and each additional level adds 50% to the boost.

In other words:
1 level=+50%
2 levels=+100%
3 levels=+150%
4 levels=+200%
5 levels=+250%
6 levels=+300%

macklelol

What?

That's what i currently use

EDIT: Wait i found this on Gfaqs on the Heartgold board. Is this accurate?

Moves that raise stats raise them by 1 level, or get a +50% boost. Moves that sharply raise your stats raise them by 2 levels, or get a +100% boost. Stat increasing moves can be stacked, but your cannot raise a move by more than 6 levels, and each additional level adds 50% to the boost.

In other words:
1 level=+50%
2 levels=+100%
3 levels=+150%
4 levels=+200%
5 levels=+250%
6 levels=+300%

Yeah, that's right. Stat boosts gives +50% per level.

MicH

Removed because I'm stupid

Took me less than 30 minutes to rebreed my Togekiss just now - withut Ditto even. Yay!

DaBoss

Aw shit, the Shellgon was not HA afterall. Who the hell at GameFreak though it was a good idea to have Shellgon have the SAME HIDDEN ABILITY AS HIS REGULAR ABILITY

Thanks anyway, macklelol, I appreciate it :D
Rock Head and Overcoat (HA)

ugoo18

Aw shit, the Shellgon was not HA afterall. Who the hell at GameFreak though it was a good idea to have Shellgon have the SAME HIDDEN ABILITY AS HIS REGULAR ABILITY

Thanks anyway, macklelol, I appreciate it :D

Took me less than 30 minutes to rebreed my Togekiss just now - withut Ditto even. Yay!

Shelgon's hidden ability is Overcoat and it's normal ability is Rock Head.

EDIT: Beaten by DaBoss

MicH

Rock Head and Overcoat (HA)
I am pretty sure that's a mistake. I just bred a female Overcoat Shellgon with my male Sheer Force Bagon and got a Rock Head Bagon

EDIT: NEVER MIND I AM AN IDIOT. I got some Sheer Force ones in this batch. SHOOT ME

ugoo18

I am pretty sure that's a mistake. I just bred a female Overcoat Shellgon with my male Sheer Force Bagon and got a Rock Head Bagon

Isn't it a 60% chance of HA passing on from Females?

There is still a chance of the regular ability passing on if i'm not mistaken.

Yo, what the shit. A x4 Fire Punch from Dragonite only took down Mega Aggron's health by around 40%.... that thing is too bulky.

Mega Aggron is pure Steel and Filter reduces SE damage to 1.5x. I'd say 40% damage is pretty good, all things considered.

I want to train one but I don't have the Mega Stone.

ffdgh

FUCKING YES. As other people have stated, complaining to GAF works. I just got my timid female serene grace togepi. Time to evolve her then breed it with the god ditto. Wooo.

I swear...I just read this comment after having been breeding for a shiny charmander for about 2 days...then just now...the miracle finally happened XD

Korosenai

Mega Aggron is pure Steel and Filter reduces SE damage to 1.5x. I'd say 40% damage is pretty good, all things considered.

I want to train one but I don't have the Mega Stone.
Wait, it doesnt just reduce the damage by x.5? I thought that at x4 damage, it would just take it down to x3.5...

backlot

Wait, it doesnt just reduce the damage by x.5? I thought that at x4 damage, it would just take it down to x3.5...
Bulbapedia says it reduces damage by 1/4. Mega Aggron shouldn't be taking 4x damage from anything in the first place though unless it gets hit with Forest Curse.

Top Bottom