• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Yeah, the Darkrai is the prebook gift.

The movies always have two gifts. One for pre-booking your ticket (purchasing the ticket before July 18th) and one at the movie.

This year, thanks to the wonder of serial codes, you no longer have to take your ticket to a store to get the download. This is good since many places were ridiculously strict about it. If your ticket was folded, they'd reject it. Now, it guarantees you'll be able to get it at home.

The actual movie distribution, given via wireless at the theatre is almost guaranteed to be Diancie :)

Oh then I'd have to go, sadly. Lol

Muku

Yeah, the Darkrai is the prebook gift.

The movies always have two gifts. One for pre-booking your ticket (purchasing the ticket before July 18th) and one at the movie.

This year, thanks to the wonder of serial codes, you no longer have to take your ticket to a store to get the download. This is good since many places were ridiculously strict about it. If your ticket was folded, they'd reject it. Now, it guarantees you'll be able to get it at home.

The actual movie distribution, given via wireless at the theatre is almost guaranteed to be Diancie :)

Basically, your ticket gets you Darkrai and Diancie. Can't scoff at that

If you have the means to get them, then yeah. I imagine the Diancie is also region locked.

I wonder if my NA X can get the movie gift too, lol that would mean TWO Diancie with different natures. :x

By the way, did you get the Happy Hour Inkay earlier this year when they went to all Pokemon Center's beyond the new one opening?

lupinko

If you have the means to get them, then yeah. I imagine the Diancie is also region locked.

Well I'll see, but my NA X was able to get the Pokemon Center Scizor and Gengar. I didn't know you can reorder the gifts, I just put Charizard up first.

Sigh I should have gotten Gengar when it first showed up female, why did I keep these gifts for SRing? Whhhhhhhhhyyyy!

I actually missed the Inkay since I got in right after.

Muku

Well I'll see, but my NA X was able to get the Pokemon Center Scizor and Gengar. I didn't know you can reorder the gifts, I just put Charizard up first.

Sigh I should have gotten Gengar when it first showed up female, why did I keep these gifts for SRing? Whhhhhhhhhyyyy!

I actually missed the Inkay since I got in right after.

I kept getting shut out of the Scizor and Gengar thing. Said screw it.

Ah, if you would like a clone of one, could get you one. Since lining up before dawn or anything wasn't some prerequisite for getting, was much nicer. Didn't even have to go into Pokemon Center to get it. Though I always go in to look at their plushies. Last time I went got the adorable Substitute one.

But just because the Scizor, Gengar, and Inkay ones were open doesn't mean at theater it'll be region free. :( Just glad Inkay was. Able to nab two in that at least.

MicH

It feels super weird with a new avatar. I a so used to my old one!

I don't know why but I started breeding for a shiny Trapinch again. Sigh.
Well, shiny Flygon is pretty darn awesome. I want to get back into breeding for a shiny Honedge again too, I think

Muku

Well, shiny Flygon is pretty darn awesome. I want to get back into breeding for a shiny Honedge again too, I think

Good luck with that. I keep putting that off after having seen the time it's taken for some folks here to get it to come out shiny. x_x

Heyt

Banned
hmmm... I need heart scales but Luvdisc won't appear on the blue bay anymore somehow. Does somebody have any kind of solution?

L.O.R.D

holy shit
ddd.jpg

9.png

v1perz53

hmmm... I need heart scales but Luvdisc won't appear on the blue bay anymore somehow. Does somebody have any kind of solution?

I have always farmed heart scales by fishing on route 8 with the old rod and thief. Way faster in this game than previous, I got 5 heart scales in as many minutes yesterday.

Hey guys, what's up? I've been trying to make a new team on my Pokemon Y and since the many changes that happened since BW2 i've been wondering:

Is it still possible to create a stall/wall team?

I've heard on Smogon and some other sites that their capabilities are now a lot weaker than before. I've always liked sturdy and bulky pokemon, so I wonder if I can still make teams like that on the game and still be competitive. Also, is there any site with strategies for X/Y? I usually follow smogon but their movesets and stuff (besides the forums) are still on B/W.

BTW my current team is Aegislash, Blissey, Mega Aggron, Ferrothorn, Chandelure. The last space is still blank, but I planned on getting a flying pokemon to counter Chandelure weakness to ground, since Chandelure covers my Aegislash, Aggron and Ferrothorn weakness to fire.

PBalfredo

Does anyone have a Rindo Berry for trade? I'm wondering if putting one on my Gastrodon will be enough to keep him from being OHKO'd by grass type coverage moves, like non-STAB Grass Knot and Energy Ball.

Wichu

Does anyone have a Rindo Berry for trade? I'm wondering if putting one on my Gastrodon will be enough to keep him from being OHKO'd by grass type coverage moves, like non-STAB Grass Knot and Energy Ball.

I can't help you with getting one, but I'd just like to say that it can even survive STABed Grass moves with one:
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rindo Berry Gastrodon: 306-360 (71.8 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

L.O.R.D

I call hax... Doesn't the AR PowerSave have a pokemiles cheat?

If not, then dang... That is a really insane amount of miles to accumulate.

after seeing the power save cheat
yes,i think you can modify the pokemiles
the first time i saw this , i thought " how many wonder trade did that person ?"

So i've been doing some breeding for a timid HA Roselia with HP Fire and I actually got a shiny with not only her HA, but I got the exact IV spread my HP Fire Ditto has: 31/31/30/30/31/30!

PBalfredo

I can't help you with getting one, but I'd just like to say that it can even survive STABed Grass moves with one:

Rad. I fully expect GAF gym leaders to be loaded with coverage moves to make up for their shared-type teams, so this is good news. Thanks.

MicH

So i've been doing some breeding for a timid HA Roselia with HP Fire and I actually got a shiny with not only her HA, but I got the exact IV spread my HP Fire Ditto has: 31/31/30/30/31/30!
Wow, that is nice. Funny story, when I was breeding for a HP Fire Roselia I got a shiny one, too, very early on. It even had HP Fire and was near-perfect (the only exeption being 12 in SpA)

Wow, that is nice. Funny story, when I was breeding for a HP Fire Roselia I got a shiny one, too, very early on. It even had HP Fire and was near-perfect (the only exeption being 12 in SpA)

Hey that's not bad either, I mean 12 is better than 0 right?

Sleepwalker

Wow, a shiny off WT? That's awesome. I'm a jerk to WT and still don't get anything. I've really cut down on how much I put out there these days. I'm still breeding but I release 99% of what I don't keep. Tired of having to release level 2 Flechlings, Friend Safari things, and Honedges. At best I have a small handful of things I've gotten off WT. No legendaries or shinies. Though I have thrown some legendaries up there. I think I'm just doomed to never get really anything awesome out of it. Guess as long as there are some folks getting something it's worth it.

Though not even sure how many folks I give out my breeding rejects to even appreciate, or understand, what they got. I have a horrible image that most are just released. If I get a Pokemon with 5IVs (LOL so rare) off WT that is nice I'll toss it back up if I have no need for it in hopes someone else can use. Same for those with nice moves.

WT is a cesspool most times though. It's fun because it's like a grab bag, but that fun wears off when all you get is bleh.

Nice to have you aboard! Always awesome to see new folks jump back on, especially after a large break.

IVs are definitely easier now. With a Pokemon holding Destiny Knot, you'll transfer down 5 of your Pokemon (5 between both Pokemon) to the offspring. So if you're working with something that is pretty high at start, it's much easier. Though before I got God Ditto, I didn't mind all that much starting from nothing and working my Pokemon up to 4 and 5IVs. It's definitely quicker though this generation to get the IVs going. And with so many folks having already been into breeding game already, you could probably get someone with a Pokemon you want to breed with one of their rejects and start off pretty quickly.

EV training you can do via normal way of going around and killing things. Though with hordes (plus Pokerus) makes it much quicker. You also have the mini games + punching bags as an alternative.

Hey man thanks a lot for the welcome :D

Just read up a bit on IVS and EVs now and damn me its easier now haha, though there are several new moves and builds i've never seen, gotta get used to it i guess lol.

The main story in this seems more straightforward and more comfy for the experienced player, you get exp share pretty early as well as day care + snorlax which is nice, i'm actually loving the game.

Tried the wonder thing feature since i was bored and started grinding some magikarps, got a couple crap pokes but also I got a bagon, a charmander, a lvl 39 snover, a smeargle even a timid tentacool, I thought I was going to get full on caterpies and pidgeys.

v1perz53

Wish I knew this sooner. I hated getting heart scales.

I am honestly not exaggerating, 5 min for 5 heart scales on route 8. The luvdiscs have a 50% chance to have a scale and they are the only thing you can fish there with the old rod. Teach a random high level poke theif, and even if you kill the luvdisc with it you still get the scale.

Just don't forget to remove the scale after the battle like I did and wonder why the next 10 battles you got nothing!

Shiny Budew/Roselia was my first XY shiny. Found it in the wild on Route 4, had two pokeballs on me, thank god I caught it! Also thank god for wild baby pokemon having three perfect IVs, had speed, sp. def and def with a low 20's sp. atk which I will certainly take on a random wild shiny.

Sleepwalker

Well, I just got a feebas from WT. Is he still evolved by beauty in this game?

Pretty nice i got one this early so I can find his IVs and breed him later when i get a ditto.

one_kill

http://i.imgur.com/KPwKLTY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/esaJct6.gif

Anyone know what those moves are?
Pokemon have animations for status or physical moves. I think Flareon is doing a status move and Goodra is doing a physical move.

Well, I just got a feebas from WT. Is he still evolved by beauty in this game?

Pretty nice i got one this early so I can find his IVs and breed him later when i get a ditto.
Evolves by trading while holding a Prism Scale

L.O.R.D

what the best nature for Chespin ?
some how , i feel Overgrow is better ability then Bulletproof (Protects the Pokémon from some ball and bomb moves.)

and another question :

if i get a shiny...what the good name for it ?

Zeppeli

Banned
Hi GAF, I'm looking to give these two guys away to separate loving homes free of charge! Both are from friends, but I don't really like either of these Pokemon and I didn't want to reject a free shiny.

Ra doesn't have a very good nature or IVs, but he's carrying Pokerus and I'll throw in an ability capsule for him.

Deino is timid, along with having perfect IVs and egg moves.

Quote this with who you'd like and I'll PM a random winner for each.

If giveaways like this aren't allowed, let me know and I'll edit this post out.

MicH

Hi GAF, I'm looking to give these two guys away to separate loving homes free of charge! Both are from friends, but I don't really like either of these Pokemon and I didn't want to reject a free shiny.

Ra doesn't have a very good nature or IVs, but he's carrying Pokerus and I'll throw in an ability capsule for him.

Ooh, sign me up for the Deino :D

L.O.R.D

i just caught Bulletproof Quilladin from friend safari
after while , i found he have pokerus , non of my current party have it in that time , i have several one in the PC
some how, i feel lucky

I`ll take Pidgeotto if you don't mind... =)

Up for the Bird Jesus, I mean, Pidgeot.

Oh, also, I finally managed to get myself a Calm Milotic. But it came with Japanese naming... =(

My OCD can't handle that.

Bred a Calm Feebas, but then I realized that I would need a trade to get my Milotic.
I already have the Prism Scale. Can anyone trade with me and then send Milotic back please?

Thanks.

Top Bottom