• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Jumping on now if you're available. (Though, don't remember IGN.. haha. :( )

Nah I won't be home until like 430pm JST the earliest. IGN is Black Mamba. I was confused at first with IGN because I thought it was IGN related and not ingamename. Lol

Muku

Nah I won't be home until like 430pm JST the earliest. IGN is Black Mamba. I was confused at first with IGN because I thought it was IGN related and not ingamename. Lol

Haha when I first saw IGN passed around too I was like "What the hell does the website have to do with this?" Then it hit me. That's cool, helped a couple folks while on. Send me a PM when you get around. May be out for a bit.

Muku

lol, the RNG gods won't do you dirty like that man.

Actually they do. Since I've had shiny charm feel like I've had far less luck with shinies. Yeah I've found two in wild, but that's it. And while I like to think the charm helps me while breeding, not sure it really does. Still spending really long times on getting any. Feel like my luck before the shiny charm was better when it came to breeding. :p

Plus, right now all my shinies are male. Of course it doesn't help a lot of the stuff like Eevee, Charmander, and all have low female rates. I have a feeling I'm going to have to sprinkle some non shinies into the team mix just so I'm not running an all male team.

Edit: Maybe it is because I have not praised Lord Helix in a while...

And while I complain about it from time to time, I'm actually going to say I enjoy the rates this generation. Before X/Y I'd never found a wild (non story) shiny, Ever. I'd never even been able to breed one. And first one I got this generation was a fortunate accident. :) It actually got me on the "I can get my own shiny!" kick. So it's really opened up a portion of game that is more fun now.

Reading that really makes me not want to get the shiny charm. Though being at 555 in the pokedex means I won't have to worry about that for a while.

Muku

Reading that really makes me not want to get the shiny charm. Though being at 555 in the pokedex means I won't have to worry about that for a while.

I think it's just my horrible luck catching up to me. :p But feeling like I at least have a chance to encounter shinies in wild is fun. Because I didn't find those two until after I got it.

I think it's just my horrible luck catching up to me. :p But feeling like I at least have a chance to encounter shinies in wild is fun. Because I didn't find those two until after I got it.
I suppose it's a trade off right? Though my shiny luck sucks with horde encounters. You would think with 5x Pokemon per encounter they'd be more common.

Muku

I suppose it's a trade off right? Though my shiny luck sucks with horde encounters. You would think with 5x Pokemon per encounter they'd be more common.

I know right? :( Been trying to get a Zangoose that way. Though my luck with bringing Pokemon with Sweet Scent, the hordes are generally everything but what I'm looking for, haha.

Nintendo Playstation, you got your female Anticipation Premier Ball Eevee, correct? Was going to help ya earlier but got beat to punchline.

I know right? :( Been trying to get a Zangoose that way. Though my luck with bringing Pokemon with Sweet Scent, the hordes are generally everything but what I'm looking for, haha.

Nintendo Playstation, you got your female Anticipation Premier Ball Eevee, correct? Was going to help ya earlier but got beat to punchline.

Sure did, thanks.

lupinko

Bird Jesus GETTODAZE! Thanks a lot!

I didn't know that Bird Jesus was low tier tho. :( one of my all time faves and I even caught a shiny at the start of my X playthrough and went with Shiny Bird Jesus to the championship.

I still want another shiny tho this time with perfect IVs. :D

overcast

Just beat the game, the ending was lol worthy. Had a really great time with it overall though. Took me about 42 hours.

That Pokemon coming down from the sky to a 8 foot homeless man is too much haha.

one_kill

Shiny 5-6IV Pokemon for trade! Most of them have beneficial natures and abilities, a few don't.
- Venusaur
- Ariados
- Typhlosion
- Dodrio
- Vileplume
- Masquerain
- Wheezing
- Muk
- Mew
- Grumpig
- Cacturne
- Whiscash (nicknamed)
- Zangoose
- Infernape
- Pachirisu (nicknamed)
- Skutank
- Drapion
- Lucario (not competitive)
- Chandelure
- Hydreigon (nicknamed... or has French name)
- Sawsbuck (winter)
- Lugia
- Thundurus

I just want shiny Gen 6 Pokemon. 5-6IV, beneficial nature and abilities would be nice, but I don't really mind.

Muku

Shiny 5-6IV Pokemon for trade! Most of them have beneficial natures and abilities, a few don't.
- Venusaur
- Ariados
- Typhlosion
- Dodrio
- Vileplume
- Masquerain
- Wheezing
- Muk
- Mew
- Grumpig
- Cacturne
- Whiscash (nicknamed)
- Zangoose
- Infernape
- Pachirisu (nicknamed)
- Skutank
- Drapion
- Chandelure
- Sawsbuck (winter)
- Lugia
- Thundurus

I just want shiny Gen 6 Pokemon. 5-6IV, beneficial nature and abilities would be nice, but I don't really mind.

Any you specifically want? Or don't want maybe if that list is shorter. Not that I really have any Gen 6 ones at the moment, but figure might help some out.

one_kill

Any you specifically want? Or don't want maybe if that list is shorter. Not that I really have any Gen 6 ones at the moment, but figure might help some out.
I don't want Delphox and Clawitzer. Dragalge's at the back end of the list too since I can just chain fish to get one.

L.O.R.D

podracer35 = 1X : 31/31/31/31/31/XX add me on 3DS

Aggrotek = one of the 3X : 31/31/31/XX/31/31 add me on 3DS

lupinko = 1X : 31/31/31/31/31/XX (oh , that podracer35 take it ) added you , but i'll pick another one for you XX/31/31/31/31/31

PreyingShark = one of 3X : 31/31/31/XX/31/31 add me on 3DS

Sleepwalker = one of 3X : 31/31/31/XX/31/31 add me on 3DS

silver.tongue = hmmm, i'll give you that : 31/31/XX.31/31/31 add me on 3DS

one_kill = also i'll give you XX/31/31/31/31/31

i am gonna add you now

Frost_Ace

- Venusaur
- Ariados
- Typhlosion
- Dodrio
- Vileplume
- Masquerain
- Wheezing
- Muk
- Mew
- Grumpig
- Cacturne
- Whiscash (nicknamed)
- Zangoose
- Infernape
- Pachirisu (nicknamed)
- Skutank
- Drapion
- Chandelure
- Sawsbuck (winter)
- Lugia
- Thundurus

Does Thundurus have HP ice? (just curious, don't have any gen vi shiny atm).

I bought the 3DS powersaves. No Diance or Mega Lati's anymore. That being said, the rest of the cheats are cool. 1000 masterballs, rare candies and PP Ups. Nothing too amazing but handy for getting PP Ups since you have to get Pokemiles for that. You can also make any Pokemon shiny so I know have a Shiny Greninja :D(Regardless whether the SID is correct).

Not much left to do on Pokemon. I fully completed the Pokedex last month (spent days transferring from Black 2). Just going through the Battle Maison, only 2 more trophies needed.

It could be the Kinniekins I was going to trade you. You know the Fennekin given to you by that girl if you chose Froakie?
These are all over GTS and can be wonder traded (I saw a video where someone wonder traded a Lugia and got that) so I would guess it is the discount coupon.

DaBoss

God damn, this stupid piece of crap.

Someone please trade me Kalos native legendary birds.

It is so stupid how it works. They completely botched roaming legendaries and it doesn't help that opening the Pokedex takes nearly 5 sec.

Usobuko

Banned
Made 2 really bad play today. First match was forgetting Skarmory has WW (derp) and the other match was being overly cautious. Although 1 turn sleep instead of 2 or 3 turns kinda of kills my momentum but I shouldn't even bother to do it in the first place. Should have just switch out to my wall. First match outcome is hard to say even if I do remember Skarmory has WW but based on how it unfold, the second battle should have been a win most of the time.

Listen learnt indeed.

Why would you go to the steps of transferring a Sneasel from Gen IV if you're just going to wonder trade it in the end? Likewise for the level 2 Patrats. Some people must really like those crappy transfer mini-games and moving stuff into a box 1 a little too much.

Then you get something cool like Earth Power Dieno and think "it was worth going through with that".

Been breeding Piplup. So far no luck on shiny, but have a few females I've got that I don't need:

-All are Modest
-All have Torrent
-All have moves of Icy Wind, Hydro Pump, Feather Dance, Aqua Ring

x2 31/31/31/X/31/31
x4 31/31/31/31/X/31
x1 31/31/31/31/31/X

I'll take one off your hands if you don't mind... =)

I don't think I can fit him in my team right now, but I'll make great use f him post-game.

- Venusaur
- Ariados
- Typhlosion
- Dodrio
- Vileplume
- Masquerain
- Wheezing
- Muk
- Mew
- Grumpig
- Cacturne
- Whiscash (nicknamed)
- Zangoose
- Infernape
- Pachirisu (nicknamed)
- Skutank
- Drapion
- Chandelure
- Sawsbuck (winter)
- Lugia
- Thundurus

Can I have drapion?

Aggrotek

Hi GAF, I'm looking to give these two guys away to separate loving homes free of charge! Both are from friends, but I don't really like either of these Pokemon and I didn't want to reject a free shiny.

Ra doesn't have a very good nature or IVs, but he's carrying Pokerus and I'll throw in an ability capsule for him.

Deino is timid, along with having perfect IVs and egg moves.

Quote this with who you'd like and I'll PM a random winner for each.

If giveaways like this aren't allowed, let me know and I'll edit this post out.

Is this still happening? I'd love the Deino.

JulianImp

Hi GAF, I'm looking to give these two guys away to separate loving homes free of charge! Both are from friends, but I don't really like either of these Pokemon and I didn't want to reject a free shiny.

Ra doesn't have a very good nature or IVs, but he's carrying Pokerus and I'll throw in an ability capsule for him.

Deino is timid, along with having perfect IVs and egg moves.

Quote this with who you'd like and I'll PM a random winner for each.

If giveaways like this aren't allowed, let me know and I'll edit this post out.

I really like that shiny Deino. It's one of those pokémon that is cool, but I wish evolved earlier (the other one being Larvesta). I'll join the queue for it.

v1perz53

Quick question about Friend Safari, I am assuming two people each have to register each other as friends before you can go on their safari, correct?

If so, heres my friend code if anyone wants to add me for another safari: 3582-8983-6155 (also in my profile but easier this way!). Not sure if you need it too, but my 3DS nickname is Adam, never use 3DS friends list stuff typically. Just PM me your code and I will add you back.

Also, pretty random but I wish there was a way to search on GTS for people looking for a specific Pokemon, instead of only being able to search based on what you want. Had some extra trade evolving pokemon, would have been cool to find people specifically looking for them and make them happy.

DaBoss

Asking again. I need a Kalos native Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. I would be fine with a trade/trade back thing too. I just need them registered on the Pokedex.
Quick question about Friend Safari, I am assuming two people each have to register each other as friends before you can go on their safari, correct?

If so, heres my friend code if anyone wants to add me for another safari: 3582-8983-6155 (also in my profile but easier this way!). Not sure if you need it too, but my 3DS nickname is Adam, never use 3DS friends list stuff typically. Just PM me your code and I will add you back.

Also, pretty random but I wish there was a way to search on GTS for people looking for a specific Pokemon, instead of only being able to search based on what you want. Had some extra trade evolving pokemon, would have been cool to find people specifically looking for them and make them happy.
Yes.

I think there is a way to filter it out based on Pokemon you have.

v1perz53

I think there is a way to filter it out based on Pokemon you have.

I found this option, but you still have to first specify what pokemon you want, then you can filter it so it only shows people who want something you have in return. I would prefer, say, a wish list option so that you could search for every person who wants a haunter, then pick the trade you want best from that list. Oh well, hard to complain since I remember trading back in 3rd grade R/B/Y, had to make friends with someone with a link cable, physically meet up and hope you didn't accidentally yank the thing out during the trade!

I found this option, but you still have to first specify what pokemon you want, then you can filter it so it only shows people who want something you have in return.
The problem with the Pokemon you have filter is it does not filter all the offers, just the ones on that page. I think each page is 100 results (never tries counting) and on more popular Pokemon like Vivilion a page can be filled in an hour of idiots with their common Japanese pattern they just got off wonder trade (Japanese nickname but player is like from Germany) or asking for a legendary for a rarer pattern.

It is best to like scroll to page 2 or 3 and then start filtering as turning the filter off takes you the start of the page.

YES....YES...YESSSSS

just hatched this bad boy

perfect 6IV HA

all hail shiny charm

and because of that, i decide to make a very special give away

9 X 5IVs Chespin , all of them are Bulletproof and Jolly
and every one of them have 2 surprise
first surprise is an item ( Master Ball - Discount Coupon - Moon Stone - Ability Capsule )

the second surprise is a surprise

That second surprise was indeed a surprise! O_O

Thanks a bunch! ^_^

Anustart

Ugh. It's basically impossible to fill out my PokeDex by utilizing the GTS. Even for common pokes everyone wants either Xerneas, Yveltal or Celebi. :/

Edit: Also, is it only possible to get 3 items delivered at a time from the Global Link? I ordered 13 Rare Candy's but only got 3.

Top Bottom