• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

one_kill

Can I have drapion?
Got anything to trade for it? :x
yeah sure lol. but it would be nice to get something for it

Ugh. It's basically impossible to fill out my PokeDex by utilizing the GTS. Even for common pokes everyone wants either Xerneas, Yveltal or Celebi. :/

Edit: Also, is it only possible to get 3 items delivered at a time from the Global Link? I ordered 13 Rare Candy's but only got 3.
It's not impossible. I completed a big chunk of my dex using the GTS. I was able to get bank Pokemon, Pokemon that need items to evolve, legendaries, etc.
I haven't used GTS for a while so perhaps it's harder now, but I found it easy to find trade baits and do trade chains.

What Pokemon are you looking for anyway?

MicH

Is this still happening? I'd love the Deino.

Ugh. It's basically impossible to fill out my PokeDex by utilizing the GTS. Even for common pokes everyone wants either Xerneas, Yveltal or Celebi. :/

Edit: Also, is it only possible to get 3 items delivered at a time from the Global Link? I ordered 13 Rare Candy's but only got 3.
Don't look for the Pokemon, just put up a decent offer (in most cases, stuff that is unobtainable in the game (ie Feebas, or rare Friend Safari mons) are good enough. I completed a large part of the dex only by offering a Pokemon and then offer the Pokemon I got. It worked perfectly. I mostly did it for annoying evolutions (ex Porygon-Z, Dusknoir etc)

KNT-Zero

Does anyone in here have a
- Dark Friend Safari? I'm looking for a Sneasel with the pickpocket ability...
- 6IV Ditto

??

Anyone kind enough to consider a code/pokemon trade, PM me please!

Shun

Anyone have a reset bag? Mind resetting one of my pokemon's EVs?

I just got a shiny Pokemon and I accidentally messed up one of the spreads.

Aggrotek

Don't look for the Pokemon, just put up a decent offer (in most cases, stuff that is unobtainable in the game (ie Feebas, or rare Friend Safari mons) are good enough. I completed a large part of the dex only by offering a Pokemon and then offer the Pokemon I got. It worked perfectly. I mostly did it for annoying evolutions (ex Porygon-Z, Dusknoir etc)

Why'd you quote me on that?

lupinko

Does anyone in here have a
- Dark Friend Safari? I'm looking for a Sneasel with the pickpocket ability...
- 6IV Ditto

??

Anyone kind enough to consider a code/pokemon trade, PM me please!

Do you need a specific ball? I can do it later today, my fc is 4124-5002-7452 and ingame name is Black Mamba. Not a requirement but if you have them in your safaris, or anyone really, can someone hook me up with a Premiere Ball female Froakie, Squirtle, and Chespin?

Hidden ability and nature not required for Froakie or Chespin, but would like Squirtle's if possible, but really it's for breeding the balls.

Thanks to L.O.R.D for the chespin, shiny too!

GTS got considerably easier thanks to my Dream Radar farming, I'm just missing Registeel, Regice, and Regirock, the rest I'm going to transfer up later.

Seibmoz

GTS got considerably easier thanks to my Dream Radar farming, I'm just missing Registeel, Regice, and Regirock, the rest I'm going to transfer up later.
I'm thinking about buying Dream Radar, is it worth it? Also what kind of farming were you doing in the game?

Omzz

just started up pokemon y after a long hiatus. figured hey maybe I should transfer all my gens. What an awful long process. First heartgold to white 2 playing that stupid mini game. then using the poke transporter and repeatedly switching cartridges. 3 hours later im done :|

lupinko

I'm thinking about buying Dream Radar, is it worth it? Also what kind of farming were you doing in the game?

Farming level 5 Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Hooh, Lugia, also this is where I got the dream balls for Riolu and Ralts and Prankster Riolu. Also dream ball slowbro is something I'm thinking about breeding. Lol

Basically if you have all the Gen 4 carts, a spare B2/W2 cart, a spare sd card and make backups of each save like I did, you can basically generate legendaries as starters! Right now I'm just trading away crappy natured ones. Lol I should EV train them too. I'm going to play my White 2 playthrough with only starter legendaries and will do that too on my Y playthrough (with starter Oshawott, Chespin and Celebi too).

The dream radar pokes will also take the name of the bw2 trainer and levels are based on where you are on the game. Because I have a farming cart they will always be level 5.

Best Playstation ever, stupid Kutaragi and Yamauchi!
Well I found the Rain Dish Wartortle already but male Jigglypuff seems to have lost its Cute Charm. No female Quilladin anywhere; this Friend Safari is a total grass sausage fest!

*fake edit* After a 25+ turn battle of Leech Seed, False Swipe, Take Down, 5 Hyper Potions and 15-odd Premier Balls, this stupid girl is Overgrow LOL. BRB Bulletproof

*edit* "Got heeeeem!" ...er, her.

Seibmoz

Farming level 5 Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Hooh, Lugia, also this is where I got the dream balls for Riolu and Ralts and Prankster Riolu. Also dream ball slowbro is something I'm thinking about breeding. Lol

Basically if you have all the Gen 4 carts, a spare B2/W2 cart, a spare sd card and make backups of each save like I did, you can basically generate legendaries as starters! Right now I'm just trading away crappy natured ones. Lol I should EV train them too. I'm going to play my White 2 playthrough with only starter legendaries and will do that too on my Y playthrough (with starter Oshawott, Chespin and Celebi too).

The dream radar pokes will also take the name of the bw2 trainer and levels are based on where you are on the game. Because I have a farming cart they will always be level 5.
So basically you catch your desired legendary, sent it to bw2, transport to the pokemon bank then Reset your save in bw2, that sounds easy enough

Rootbeer

Banned
Was it a digital copy? Might've been a faulty SD card. There's not really any way around that, other than try and get a high-quality SD card.

For physical games, you can use Datel's PowerSave device to back up your save file. Unfortunately, the 3DS has a system to detect when a digital save file is restored, so it won't help in that case.
Digital... thanks to the recent promotion. It's a new 32GB SD, but I didn't get the brand off him.
Did he start a new save file yet? If he hasn't then tell him not to touch anything for now.

As for how to prevent it...

Physical: Keep your cart clean and in sane climates.
Digital: Use a good SD card, like Sony's. Also, don't fuck with the files unless absolutely necessary.

EDIT: No really, the Sandisk cards are the devil. The majority of their cards are fine but their QA is horrific and if you get one of the shaky cards then you have a high chance of being fucked.

He'd already started a new one before he told me. AND he's already beat the game again and moved into Pokemon breeding... he's a pretty hardcore player. I'll see if he's using a sandisk and advise him appropriately!

Muku

Ugh I wish there was some way I could breed a 5IV Braviary in a Premier Ball. Nintendo, come on! Same with fossil and genderless 'mon. Lame.

Agreed. While I like the Pokeball, really would have preferred if I could have put my Porygon in a Premier. For some reason I feel like that one would have better suited it. :/ And I didn't even think about Braviary not being able to be bred into a specific ball. Ugh. Really hope they fix that.

Bit of a odd question, as I've got all Vivillon at this point, but outside of Ocean, what would you guys say you see the least of on GTS (or say is one of the rarest ones)? Just something I'm contemplating about.

Also, on another note but a bit related to the previous train of thought, does anyone have access to a 6IV ENG Ditto?

Agreed. While I like the Pokeball, really would have preferred if I could have put my Porygon in a Premier. For some reason I feel like that one would have better suited it. :/ And I didn't even think about Braviary not being able to be bred into a specific ball. Ugh. Really hope they fix that.

Bit of a odd question, as I've got all Vivillon at this point, but outside of Ocean, what would you guys say you see the least of on GTS (or say is one of the rarest ones)? Just something I'm contemplating about.

Also, on another note but a bit related to the previous train of thought, does anyone have access to a 6IV ENG Ditto?

I've been catching all kinds of stuff in Premier Balls lately. Sorry, Luxury Ball fans. I'd like those much better if they didn't have multiple rings. The Premier is just so simple, clean and well-suited for my favorite, fire types. (I prefer Dive for water and Nest for grass)

Serious question: who actually likes Dusk Balls?

As for Vivillon, the rarest IMO is Sandstorm followed by Savanna and Icy Snow. Sun seemed pretty rare to me for a while too. I <3 the Ocean though and don't regret for a moment my decision to set up my Y cartridge to be native. They made Pokedex completion a breeze. Best $20 ever.

Muku

I've been catching all kinds of stuff in Premier Balls lately. Sorry, Luxury Ball fans. I'd like those much better if they didn't have multiple rings. The Premier is just so simple, clean and well-suited for my favorite, fire types. (I prefer Dive for water and Nest for grass)

As for Vivillon, the rarest IMO is Sandstorm followed by Savanna and Icy Snow. Sun seemed pretty rare to me for a while too. I <3 the Ocean though and don't regret for a moment my decision to set up my Y cartridge to be native. They made Pokedex completion a breeze. Best $20 ever.

Yeah, if it's not Pokeball for me it's Premier. I love the color and all. It's funny because I really love Dive balls for water Pokemon as well... though I think I like Net over Nest. But both aren't bad. Luxury Ball is so gaudy, ugh.

Dusk Balls are garbage. I cringe every time I get a Pokemon in one on WT and then release it. Doesn't look dusk like to me.. looks like an abomination. I refuse to have my Pokemon in those things.

I was thinking maybe Sandstorm. Ocean is just my favorite though. I wish I'd known about how to get them before I started up Y. I'd have set it elsewhere. ;_; Am asking, because I am tossing around idea of picking up Pokemon X/Y (one, not both) for my JP 3DS. Will make some things easier for me overall. And figure if I do that I should figure out where to set my place at so that I get a cool Vivillon instead of the crap one I have on both X and Y. Want to be able to at least have Vivillon that are worthwhile.

What nature do you want?

I'm not too picky on nature really. I have a Ditto of each nature I keep around to set appropriate natures on Pokemon I want to breed before I throw 'em in with the 6IV. Think only missing two nature Dittos but haven't needed them so far. Did that job early on. So anything will be fine.

Yeah, if it's not Pokeball for me it's Premier. I love the color and all. It's funny because I really love Dive balls for water Pokemon as well... though I think I like Net over Nest. But both aren't bad. Luxury Ball is so gaudy, ugh.

I like Net balls too but typically for my bugs (hooray for Beedrill named "Pikachu"!). I never thought Nest balls were cool until they brightened the colors. Yellow and Kelly green looks so awesome!

I wish there were more choices to match up with types and colors.

Damn, finally lost Super Triples on battle 365.

Holy wow!

Muku

I wish I could hack the game. Her team are all shinies :x

God damn. If it wasn't for the Diancie, I'd say she has been busy and extremely lucky. But sounds like it took a few minutes at best. That's why I'm proud to breed my own shinies. Seems kind of lame to be using Diancie before anyone. Sure it's to make her look like she's special though. I hope you kick her ass. :)

lupinko

Dusk Ball works on evil or mystic pokes due to purple mist. When you posted this I got the idea to just do my Alakazam line as a dusk ball instead. My Adamant Thundurus from White is in a dusk ball and is also dope.

And I am a sad panda right now because Game Freak is lame and will not allow real/legit/legal Shiny Jirachi pass through I read because their own mistake undermines their own laws.

one_kill

God damn. If it wasn't for the Diancie, I'd say she has been busy and extremely lucky. But sounds like it took a few minutes at best. That's why I'm proud to breed my own shinies. Seems kind of lame to be using Diancie before anyone. Sure it's to make her look like she's special though. I hope you kick her ass. :)
She wasn't very good. She led with Diancie against my Genesect and didn't withdraw. That's when I knew she wasn't very smart.

I gotta say though that shiny Diancie looks funny. It looks like it's wearing a sweater. Also, shiny Malamar looks really nice.

MicH

Shaky SanDisk SD cards? Now I'm worried. I have everything on my digital X version and I have a SanDisk card. If this crashes and I loses save I don't know what to do. Do any of the action replays allow me to backup?

I've had this SD card since 2012 or so and haven't had any problems so far

lupinko

Shaky SanDisk SD cards? Now I'm worried. I have everything on my digital X version and I have a SanDisk card. If this crashes and I loses save I don't know what to do. Do any of the action replays allow me to backup?

I've never had any problems from retail bought memory, the only times I had were from shady places on ebay. Which I no longer do because of said instances.

Wichu

There's no way to back up digital saves without a hardware hack - the 3DS remembers the last save file that was used on it, so unless you can also back up/restore the 3DS's system memory it won't recognise the save.

Muku

the movie is out in japan ?
can anyone with Kalos origin Darkrai or diancie (legit one ) lent it to me so i can clone it ?

Movie doesn't come out til like mid July. Don't think pre-purchases of movie tickets start selling until mid next month.

Hey Joe, got a question for ya, if you're dropping by. The Pokemon Trozei 3DS, instructions in the CoroCoro, at least the only mention I've seen of it in there, are pretty scarce. I know you're supposed to send something in for chance. Any more to that you know about that?

lupinko

Movie doesn't come out til like mid July. Don't think pre-purchases of movie tickets start selling until mid next month.

Hey Joe, got a question for ya, if you're dropping by. The Pokemon Trozei 3DS, instructions in the CoroCoro, at least the only mention I've seen of it in there, are pretty scarce. I know you're supposed to send something in for chance. Any more to that you know about that?

I can't prebuy the movie ticket now? Oh well.

Top Bottom