• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

DaBoss

On my quest for the gold crowns and completing the Pokedex (screw you Game Freak for the gold crowns), I made this discovery though it may be old to some people:
spJ0GCs.jpg

Evolving an Eevee that was burned into Flareon will not get rid of the burn status.

nNj1Uc9.jpg

It gets hurt by burn as well. And it seems to activate Guts as well.

I think you can do a similar thing to Imposter Ditto with toxic spikes* (definitely works with regular ditto with toxic). But that evolution way is cooler.

*-Depends on when spikes are calcs, after transform or before. I feel it should be before.

Wichu

I think you can do a similar thing to Imposter Ditto with toxic spikes* (definitely works with regular ditto with toxic). But that evolution way is cooler.

*-Depends on when spikes are calcs, after transform or before. I feel it should be before.

Yeah, I've poisoned a Ditto with Toxic Spikes when it switched in on my Tentacruel. Poison FTW.

spiritfox

Sorry for the double post, but man this battle. I didn't know Weakness Policy Rhyperior can be so scary. I only won because I got lucky with confusion in the end.

X2XW-WWWW-WWW6-8C6K

Yes, that's part of my gym team :p

Dusk Ball works on evil or mystic pokes due to purple mist. When you posted this I got the idea to just do my Alakazam line as a dusk ball instead. My Adamant Thundurus from White is in a dusk ball and is also dope.

And I am a sad panda right now because Game Freak is lame and will not allow real/legit/legal Shiny Jirachi pass through I read because their own mistake undermines their own laws.

I forgot about the purple mist when the ball breaks open. I get that. I'm glad they got rid of the stamp case ball customization idea though (confetti and sparkles when your mon pops out, really?).

On my quest for the gold crowns and completing the Pokedex (screw you Game Freak for the gold crowns), I made this discovery though it may be old to some people:
http://i.imgur.com/spJ0GCs.jpg
Evolving an Eevee that was burned into Flareon will not get rid of the burn status.

http://i.imgur.com/nNj1Uc9.jpg
It gets hurt by burn as well. And it seems to activate Guts as well.

Does a healing item, PC Box or PokeCenter fix it or is it permanent?

I forgot about the purple mist when the ball breaks open. I get that. I'm glad they got rid of the stamp case ball customization idea though (confetti and sparkles when your mon pops out, really?).

Does a healing item, PC Box or PokeCenter fix it or is it permanent?

I thought it was nice but I never used it that often because you had to manually take the ball capsules off if you wanted to deposit a Pokemon in the PC.

ezodagrom

Finished the league recently, interested in trying out competitive battling, though I'm completely new at this (I've read about IVs and EVs, but that's it).

Though first things first, I'll need a team with decent IVs, so I guess a 6IV Ditto would be a must for me, right?

I was wondering if anyone here has any extra one that could give away, though I don't have much I could offer in return... I guess at most I could offer this random shiny Machop I found, though its IVs are meh (highest IV is apparently in the 16 to 25 range, speed)... :\

MicH

Finished the league recently, interested in trying out competitive battling, though I'm completely new at this (I've read about IVs and EVs, but that's it).

Though first things first, I'll need a team with decent IVs, so I guess a 6IV Ditto would be a must for me, right?

I was wondering if anyone here has any extra one that could give away, though I don't have much I could offer in return... I guess at most I could offer this random shiny Machop I found, though its IVs are meh (highest IV is apparently in the 16 to 25 range, speed)... :
I don't have any of those Dittos to give right now, but I'm sure someone here has one for you. I have a lot of decent IV Pokemon leftover from breeding, so please ask me if I have any if the stuff you're interested in breeding

ezodagrom

I don't have any of those Dittos to give right now, but I'm sure someone here has one for you. I have a lot of decent IV Pokemon leftover from breeding, so please ask me if I have any if the stuff you're interested in breeding
Thank you for the offer, but kinda want to try to breed them myself, mostly to learn more about creating a team and such. ^^;

I was wondering if anyone here has any extra one that could give away, though I don't have much I could offer in return... I guess at most I could offer this random shiny Machop I found, though its IVs are meh (highest IV is apparently in the 16 to 25 range, speed)... :

I have a spare 6IV JPN Ditto at the moment, send me whatever. My FC is in my profile and my Trainer name is Drew

I try to challenge passerby's who status says "battle or trade" and they never respond back. I think I'm starting to turn into that bug people talk about on message boards :p

I try to challenge passerby's who status says "battle or trade" and they never respond back. I think I'm starting to turn into that bug people talk about on message boards :p
I don't even have that kind of message and still got trade and battle requests.

Disabled passerby communcations and am not looking back

Wichu

Oh yeah I can believe it. I leave mine on though because last time I got a good trade through it.

Yeah, I've gotten some pretty awesome Pokémon, including a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Zapdos about a month after X/Y came out (i.e. can't be hacked/RNGed).

Hey this has probably been answered somewhere in the last 200 pages, but how do you add friends to connect to wirelessly?

I've seen the passerbys in the PSS, and I've traded with one person, which bumped them up to an acquaintance, but I want to add my brother as a friend so we can trade over wifi. All I've been able to find is that I need to register him as a friend on my 3DS, but I already have and he doesn't show up in my friends list. Help? Thanks!

Hey this has probably been answered somewhere in the last 200 pages, but how do you add friends to connect to wirelessly?

I've seen the passerbys in the PSS, and I've traded with one person, which bumped them up to an acquaintance, but I want to add my brother as a friend so we can trade over wifi. All I've been able to find is that I need to register him as a friend on my 3DS, but I already have and he doesn't show up in my friends list. Help? Thanks!

That person will have to be online at the same time as you are to show up in your in-game friends list. Once there, they shouldn't disappear from there... It's just getting them on there at the same time.

Whoo, finally bred a bunch of 5 IV (and one 6 IV) Feebas with the moves I wanted.

Was also excited to find one of the 5 IV ones had HP Electric but then sad when I discovered it possessed an IV of around 8 in Special Attack >___<

Props for having two awesome Poison-types though. You'd make a fine Gym trainer ;)

Also you made me go back to Masuda-ing Furfrou. Dat black.
Black Furfrou is totally worth it! And you put a new fear of poison in me. Oh wait, does that mean I get to be the guy who gets steamrolled before you avenge me?

In the PSS settings. I did it too as I got fed up of both requests.

The only time I use trade requests is when I feel like terrorising a GTS scammer (they either blocked me or headed offline, I should have just left the trade window idle for an hour...).

Nice, no more pesky randoms! "I'm in the 718 club. There's nothing you could show me that i dont have. I won't show it back because it's sitting happily in PokeBank. No, I don't care to see your legendaries or the 6IV shinies you hatched with the SV!"

Thank you so much for the Ditto. ^^

Thanks for the beautiful blue butterfly in the perfect, classic PokeBall! Happy breeding!

I don't think I've looked into that magazine past the Charizard code. Lol

OMG thanks for the egg moves on Abra! I was too lazy to do it myself so I no longer have any reason to delay rebreeding my Alakazam :) :)

Top Bottom