• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Yeah no problem, glad you liked the Abra Nintendo Playstation!

My Xerneas and zygarde both have outstanding and superior potential I forget the values. But because I caught them when I first came back to Pokemon since like 99/2000, I didn't care/know about the importance of natures/IVs. So I got with gentle and sassy respectively. I guess I could always restart in the future now with bank and my y game, but still the history man, my wonder cards! Lol

I won't mess it up with Yveltal or Zygarde again tho, and it's the same reason why my X Mewtwo has crappy stats and is calm. :/

one_kill

The GAF League seems to be going well. Did you guys figure out prizes yet?

I've got shinies taking up space that I'm willing to hand out to those with at least 9 badges

Muku

I don't think I've looked into that magazine past the Charizard code. Lol

Hahaha. I always look through magazine. Maybe read a little bit of the comics. Though always find something disturbing in them.

i really don't want to buy a sub just for this. anyone willing to take a party of mons for a while?

Still need help with that?

Is there anyone on right now that could help me clone a Pokemon?

FC: 0920-1010-8506

Send me a PM if you still need help. Got ya taken care of.

Wichu

Can anybody Spare a Timid Haunter? It's probably my favorite pokemon and I haven't been lucky to find one.

I have a bunch of spare Timid Gastly if you don't mind evolving it yourself. I don't have any perfect ones left, but all of them are only missing one important stat.

I was looking through my boxes and noticed a huge fighting-type gap and I wanted to know which one(s) would be good to have for online? Should I go with Machamp and Lucario first or should I go with something else?

Wichu

I was looking through my boxes and noticed a huge fighting-type gap and I wanted to know which one(s) would be good to have for online? Should I go with Machamp and Lucario first or should I go with something else?

I'd look into Mienshao. It's a fast Pokémon in a typing full of slow bulky attackers.

Primeape is one of my pet favourites - it's not as fast as Mienshao, but it's still quite fast and has a nice movepool and abilities.

Speaking of slow bulky attackers, Conkeldurr is a nice alternative to Machamp. It doesn't live up to its full potential unless you can get one with 5th gen tutor moves, though :(

Usobuko

Banned
The GAF League seems to be going well. Did you guys figure out prizes yet?

I've got shinies taking up space that I'm willing to hand out to those with at least 9 badges

Don't think people are participating for the prizes though. Mostly for fun to be against monotype. That said, it would be nice to have more challengers. I am well aware that they are many who are taking in the midst of team preparations at the moment.

I'd look into Mienshao. It's a fast Pokémon in a typing full of slow bulky attackers.

Primeape is one of my pet favourites - it's not as fast as Mienshao, but it's still quite fast and has a nice movepool and abilities.

Speaking of slow bulky attackers, Conkeldurr is a nice alternative to Machamp. It doesn't live up to its full potential unless you can get one with 5th gen tutor moves, though :(

Funny you should mention that one, cause I saw it while playing B2. Did that one lose any moves between gens?

Wichu

Funny you should mention that one, cause I saw it while playing B2. Did that one lose any moves between gens?

Nope, Mienshao learns all its useful moves in X/Y. The only exception might be if you want to use Helping Hand on a doubles team, but its doubles support movepool is still excellent (Fake Out, Wide Guard, Quick Guard, Feint, Ally Switch).

I put quick guard on my Chespin but I refuse to use him till I get a shiny! Which is probably why my competitive box is so small.

Oh. doing some reading on the Smogon (lol) a potential moveset recommended Reckless. Think that would be useful for a more experienced battler?

one_kill

I put quick guard on my Chespin but I refuse to use him till I get a shiny! Which is probably why my competitive box is so small.

Oh. doing some reading on the Smogon (lol) a potential moveset recommended Reckless. Think that would be useful for a more experienced battler?
What's the rundown of that set?

What's the rundown of that set?

I copy/pasted from their boards but I put the link at the bottom. Anyways, this is what one of them came up with using reckless:

Mienshao @ Choice Band/Scarf
Jolly/Naive Nature
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-High Jump Kick
-Knock Off
-U-turn
-Stone Edge / HP Ice

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 354-417 (102.9 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 372-438 (108.1 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mienshao.3498536/

Wichu

That's pretty cool, though I'd still use the Fake Out + U-Turn + Regenerator set. Come in, deal damage, switch out to a counter and heal!

one_kill

Just spent an hour and a half doing work and battling online. I swept three teams with Clefable only.

Also, I gotta say, Blissey is amazing. It gets taken down easily by physical attacks, but the way it backs up your team and tanks special attacks is commendable.

I'm getting tired of doing ubers so I'll be switching it up. I'm just finding it hard to try other team variations because my team now is awesome.

JackHerer

Just spent an hour and a half doing work and battling online. I swept three teams with Clefable only.

Also, I gotta say, Blissey is amazing. It gets taken down easily by physical attacks, but the way it backs up your team and tanks special attacks is commendable.

I'm getting tired of doing ubers so I'll be switching it up. I'm just finding it hard to try other team variations because my team now is awesome.

What's your Clefable set if you don't mind me asking? Are you using the stored power/cosmic power set?

one_kill

What's your Clefable set if you don't mind me asking? Are you using the stored power/cosmic power set?
I run Cosmic Power, Toxic, Moonlight, and Flamethrower/Psyshock.

Switch in against a staller or physical attacker, start powering up with Cosmic Power, and hope for the best (i.e., that your opponent doesn't get a critical hit lol).

Switch out whenever a strong special attacker is out if you haven't powered up at least two or three times.

Isn't it just the best feeling when you make a staller ragequit?

Was up against a Toxic/Stockpile/Infestation/Recover Gastrodon just then. A set designed purely to be a jerk and kill you in the slowest way possible.

Brought in my Sylveon with Heal Bell. He missed Toxic multiple times and I got some nice crits with Hyper Voice. Eventually, he disconnected after he ran out of Recovers and I started spamming Protect. :lol So much more satisfying than winning.

Muku

How common is it for a legendary Pokemon to have a HA? I didn't even really notice they did until Palkia that came off GTS had an ability I didn't recognize.

JoeM86

How common is it for a legendary Pokemon to have a HA? I didn't even really notice they did until Palkia that came off GTS had an ability I didn't recognize.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Lugia & Ho-Oh got it from Pokémon Dream Radar. They're quite common.
Mewtwo got it from a movie event last year. It's fairly rare

Muku

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Lugia & Ho-Oh got it from Pokémon Dream Radar. They're quite common.
Mewtwo got it from a movie event last year. It's fairly rare

Ah okay, Dream Radar. Never dabbled in that. Though will be keeping an eye on Mewtwo then. Thank ya Joe.

Muku

nah i got impatient and deleted them all. Thanks for the offer :)

No prob. You WT to start off with a new group? Or just hoofing it by what game gives ya + catches?

Edit: I've noticed some folks recently needing 6IV Ditto's again, so just want to toss out there I have two 6IV JP Ditto's up for grabs if anyone needs.

I've been throwing 4 and 5 IV breeding rejects into Wonder Trade recently (hoping they might help people) and received a shiny Solosis the other night. Honestly, I was about to resend it when I noticed the red star since the coloring is so similar to the regular version. It's missing the blue pentagon but I'm guessing that's because it was brought up from a different region/game? I was surprised to get my second shiny from WT of all places.

Edit: I've noticed some folks recently needing 6IV Ditto's again, so just want to toss out there I have two 6IV JP Ditto's up for grabs if anyone needs.

Could I have one please? I've been experimenting in the Battle Maison (still learning) and it would be a big help. :)

I've been throwing 4 and 5 IV breeding rejects into Wonder Trade recently (hoping they might help people) and received a shiny Solosis the other night. Honestly, I was about to resend it when I noticed the red star since the coloring is so similar to the regular version. It's missing the blue pentagon but I'm guessing that's because it was brought up from a different region/game? I was surprised to get my second shiny from WT of all places

Nice, I've been casting off 5 IV reject Feebas into Wonder Trade just to see what the heck I get.

(If anybody wants one, just send me a PM.)

Muku

I've been throwing 4 and 5 IV breeding rejects into Wonder Trade recently (hoping they might help people) and received a shiny Solosis the other night. Honestly, I was about to resend it when I noticed the red star since the coloring is so similar to the regular version. It's missing the blue pentagon but I'm guessing that's because it was brought up from a different region/game? I was surprised to get my second shiny from WT of all places.

Could I have one please? I've been experimenting in the Battle Maison (still learning) and it would be a big help. :)

Sure can. Will add ya now. You still around?

Top Bottom