• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Tirael

Could anyone spare me a ton of headache and give me a Shell Armor Turtwig? I can give a semi-rare Pokemon or Battle Maison items or such.

FC is 2552-1098-4530, IGN is Tirael

KiraFA37

: |

I honestly don't know. I've been hearing about it, and there are people on the GTS saying they have a Turtwig with the HA, but I suppose I can't really trust any of the sources.

Last time we tried trading HA Starter that aren't gen I or IV VI we hit a brick wall (couldn't be traded in any form), so I doubt those on the GTS actually have their HA.

jg4xchamp

Question when it comes to breeding, and cross breeding and all that jazz. Now that you can pass on abilities from the father, can the father pokemon that is different from the mother still pass on his ability if that line can get it?

For instance. Pangaro can have Ironfist, and it's a hidden ability for Infernape. So can I get a chimchar with ironfist, if i have a male Pangaro line fuck a female infernape line.

Or is that stuff only for egg moves?

JulianImp

Question when it comes to breeding, and cross breeding and all that jazz. Now that you can pass on abilities from the father, can the father pokemon that is different from the mother still pass on his ability if that line can get it?

For instance. Pangaro can have Ironfist, and it's a hidden ability for Infernape. So can I get a chimchar with ironfist, if i have a male Pangaro line fuck a female infernape line.

Or is that stuff only for egg moves?

Males can't ever pass down their HA unless they're breeding with a Ditto, sadly.

JulianImp

Ah okay, and no matter what, you're only going to get the egg of the mother right? Like it won't randomly pick the pokemon from the father side. Wow that does suck.

Yeah. Females are the only ones that can pass down HAs (and even pokéball types) to their offspring.

The breeding system's way better now that females can pass egg moves down so you can repeatedly breed females to get all four egg moves, but there're still some things that they should tweak, such as males not passing their pokéball types even when breeding with Ditto, and they not passing down HAs when breeding with anything else.

After some testing, I can say scarf Malamar is really fun to use, and particularily good against obvious intimidate leads. I'll probably start breeding a Digglett for my team soon as well, since I like it.

Muku, I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but I'd be willing to let you clone my shiny 5IV dream ball Hoppip with four egg moves if you wanted, and if you could give me at least two of them, since I want to build both a singles and doubles team with it. Is that doable?

macklelol

Yeah. Females are the only ones that can pass down HAs (and even pokéball types) to their offspring.

The breeding system's way better now that females can pass egg moves down so you can repeatedly breed females to get all four egg moves, but there're still some things that they should tweak, such as males not passing their pokéball types even when breeding with Ditto, and they not passing down HAs when breeding with anything else.

After some testing, I can say scarf Malamar is really fun to use, and particularily good against obvious intimidate leads. I'll probably start breeding a Digglett for my team soon as well, since I like it.

Muku, I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but I'd be willing to let you clone my shiny 5IV dream ball Hoppip with four egg moves if you wanted, and if you could give me at least two of them, since I want to build both a singles and doubles team with it. Is that doable?

I dunno if males will ever be able to pass down HAs without a Ditto. Well, not as long as unreleased hidden abilities exist.

If you need some cloning, I can help you out there.

JulianImp

I dunno if males will ever be able to pass down HAs without a Ditto. Well, not as long as unreleased hidden abilities exist.

If you need some cloning, I can help you out there.

I meant as in males with females of the same species. You know, to make HA males somewhat better.

I'd also love it if the Lumiose pokéball store would actually have some of those special pokéballs for sale, or gave them out randomly, since I really like matching the pokéballs with the pokémon (too bad nothing really fits poor Diglett, but I'm trying Fast Balls in HeartGold for now).

Alright, I guess I'll take up your offer. How long does it take to clone a pokémon?

macklelol

I meant as in males with females of the same species. You know, to make HA males somewhat better.

I'd also love it if the Lumiose pokéball store would actually have some of those special pokéballs for sale, or gave them out randomly, since I really like matching the pokéballs with the pokémon (too bad nothing really fits poor Diglett, but I'm trying Fast Balls in HeartGold for now).

Alright, I guess I'll take up your offer. How long does it take to clone a pokémon?

Yeah, if males could pass down HAs with same species breeding, that would be better.

Uh, it should take like 5-10 minutes to clone your stuff.

So I just bought my 3DS on a whim and never played a Pokemon game. Was anyone else here in that same boat before picking this bad boy up? Is this a good place to start in the franchise?

So I just bought my 3DS on a whim and never played a Pokemon game. Was anyone else here in that same boat before picking this bad boy up? Is this a good place to start in the franchise?

This was my first Pokemon game (totally missed out on the games when I was younger). A friend encouraged me to pick it up and I ended up completely loving it. Aside from a break over the holidays and the release of Bravely Default, I've pretty much been playing since launch. I've tried a little of everything since finishing the main story: breeding, battling, shiny hunting, and completing the Kalos dex. I don't see why anyone else would have a problem breaking into the franchise with X/Y.

Frost_Ace

Yeah it's a good place to start, you might be overwhelmed at the start by the number of pokemon (there are 300 pokemon in the kalos dex I believe), my advice is just catch the ones you like and play the game.

This was my first Pokemon game (totally missed out on the games when I was younger). A friend encouraged me to pick it up and I ended up completely loving it. Aside from a break over the holidays and the release of Bravely Default, I've pretty much been playing since launch. I've tried a little of everything since finishing the main story: breeding, battling, shiny hunting, and completing the Kalos dex. I don't see why anyone else would have a problem breaking into the franchise with X/Y.

Yeah it's a good place to start, you might be overwhelmed at the start by the number of pokemon (there are 300 pokemon in the kalos dex I believe), my advice is just catch the one you like and play the game.

Much appreciated, guys. I started watching the old cartoons with my son, so I thought I would also give the game a shot.

Sleepwalker

Much appreciated, guys. I started watching the old cartoons with my son, so I thought I would also give the game a shot.

It's a great game for all ages, the combat system and competitive side of this game is actually pretty deep if you like to get into that kind of stuff (i love me some competitive spirit).

If not, the main game is relaxing and overall an enjoyable experience, good luck!

fek

Results for the April Friendly are on the PGL.
Ranked 432 overall, was hoping to do a bit better but it's ok, now to work on my new doubles team for the next competition.

Frost_Ace

Results for the April Friendly are on the PGL.
Ranked 432 overall, was hoping to do a bit better but it's ok, now to work on my new doubles team for the next competition.
Congrats! That's a nice position.

I have access to Breloom and Ivysaur safari, if you want females with HA in an specific ball I can catch them for you.
Thanks man, if you could catch them both in a nest ball you would do me a huge favor. :)

It was released?
re: Gen IV HA starters. I believe it was a Walmart Promo with Pokemon Black/White 2 which is when they came out.

Only Gen II and V have yet to see any release of their HA starters (curiously Tepig changed HA between V and VI). As a result they can not be uploaded to GTS.

Tirael

re: Gen IV HA starters. I believe it was a Walmart Promo with Pokemon Black/White 2 which is when they came out.

Only Gen II and V have yet to see any release of their HA starters (curiously Tepig changed HA between V and VI). As a result they can not be uploaded to GTS.

Makes sense. Does that mean they exist and can be traded directly? But are just really rare?

Edit: Bitchezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://s590.photobucket.com/user/kamisamaa99/media/turtwig_zps42bd3b8f.jpg.html

Azure J

I'm getting on now muku.

Anyone got infiltrator + defog zubat? I know it's a hard request lol.

I have a bunch from a breeding campaign I went through earlier in the year. PM me in a bit and I'll get you some to pick from.

I have two boxes full of event pokemon now. If someone wants to clone them get back at me.

Here is the list:

http://www.pokedit.com/pokemon-maker/event-pokemon.php

What do ya want for Palkia, Arceus, Darkrai, Keldeo, & Genesect? I pretty much missed the events for all those guys and want to make up for lost time. Keldeo and Darkrai with good natures would be very appreciated too if you had them. PM me when you see this.

Speaking of which, I have a Timid Thundurus (yay) with a nickname (ehh) and 2IVs in HP and Defense (awww :() and I'm looking to trade up for one with a better IV spread for a team I want to work on. What should I do? I traded my spare Zekrom for this guy.

woolley

I'm almost done with my dex, I just need help evolving a few pokemon. Is anyone able to help out?

Evolve:
Scyther
Porygon
Magmar
Clamperl (x2)
Dusclops

And then I'm gonna have to evolve my Porygon2 after I give it the Dubious Disc.

FC: 0791-3097-3884

Sleepwalker

I'm almost done with my dex, I just need help evolving a few pokemon. Is anyone able to help out?

Evolve:
Scyther
Porygon
Magmar
Clamperl (x2)
Dusclops

And then I'm gonna have to evolve my Porygon2 after I give it the Dubious Disc.

FC: 0791-3097-3884

I'll help ya, FC is on my profile. IGN is Gabriel.

Syntsui

Does anyone have (or know anyone that still plays the game) eevee, ditto,abra, galvantula, togepi, fletchinder, wobbufet, ferroseed, forretress in thei saffari zones? I'm trying to build a competitive team around these pokes (to use or breed).

I posted my FC on the friend saffari thread and added a lot of gaffers from the google doc, but most of them didn't add me back, problably don't even play anymore.... if someone could help me get any of them I would be really grateful.

Frost_Ace

Does anyone have (or know anyone that still plays the game) eevee, ditto,abra, galvantula, togepi, fletchinder, wobbufet, ferroseed, forretress in thei saffari zones? I'm trying to build a competitive team around these pokes (to use or breed).

I posted my FC on the friend saffari thread and added a lot of gaffers from the google doc, but most of them didn't add me back, problably don't even play anymore.... if someone could help me get any of them I would be really grateful.
I have fletchinder. Do you need a female with HA? Which ball?

Sleepwalker

I have some spare Eevees I think, not sure on IV's but they must be good. think I have a gale wings fletchling or can breed you one. can catch galvantula for you and i think I can breed an Abra too.

Also have a wobbufet friend safari iirc.

I have a 5IV calm Togetic with Serene Grace left over from breeding if you'd like it. It's male so you'd need a ditto. He also has Pokerus.

Syntsui

I have fletchinder. Do you need a female with HA? Which ball?

Yeah, I need one with the HA. The ball doesn't really matter, I just added you and I am online right now. Thanks man.

I have some spare Eevees I think, not sure on IV's but they must be good. think I have a gale wings fletchling or can breed you one. can catch galvantula for you and i think I can breed an Abra too.

Also have a wobbufet friend safari iirc.

I don't need eevee per se. I needed a saffari with it so I could caught a lot of them with different Natures and train them more easily, the same for Abra (catch a lot for different synchronizes). If you could get a galvantula to me it would be great, thanks a lot. Just added you.

I have a 5IV calm Togetic with Serene Grace left over from breeding if you'd like it. It's male so you'd need a ditto. He also has Pokerus.

It would save me a lot of time, thanks man. Just added you too.

My FC is in my profile.

Top Bottom