• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

I do have a ton of starters and version specifics/FZ bred, I'll check for you, my fc is
3368-1749-0959

I got customized starters already, do you have like Cyndaquil with egg moves or something like that? I'll add you now, FC is in my profile, ign Black Mamba.

JoeM86

It'd be nice if NoA and Gamefreak threw us a bone and distributed a promo pokemon when they open the online pokemon center store yes?

I was thinking about that.

They could do it, in theory. A way they could is that, if you create an account, it will give you a serial code and you could download a Pokémon in X & Y through it.

If they do something like that, chances are it'd just be this:
666-pb.png

sgb

Sorry about that DC at first lupinko, power flashing here, but I do appreciate it!! Sorry I did not have anything spectacular in return.

lupinko

Sorry about that DC at first lupinko, power flashing here, but I do appreciate it!! Sorry I did not have anything spectacular in return.

Hey that Scyther has vaccuum wave and is female, so I can use it for egg moves.

And I like your friend safari too!

lupinko

I was reading smogon going off on a trick room Diancie? Really quiet sounds like it can work since Diancie has awful speed. :x

Edit: too bad we can't use the movie as a barometer for mega Diancie.
if that were the case then mega Diancie would be garbage. :p

Wichu

I'm fairly certain Mega Diancie will be something like 50/175/100/175/100/100. IMO it wants to be a mixed attacker - I'd aim for a Naive nature.

EDIT: Reasoning: its special and physical movepools aren't that good by themselves - its Fairy moves are all special, and its (good) Rock moves are all physical. If there's a Power Gem tutor in HGSS, a special set becomes viable, but right now its special movepool is Moonblast and Psychic.

Velcro Fly

Finally going to pony up the $5 for Bank. Going to make a real effort to complete as much of the pokedex as I can. I know there are some legendary pokemon I do not have, mostly stuff from Gen IV. Still going to get as much as I can.

one_kill

Finally going to pony up the $5 for Bank. Going to make a real effort to complete as much of the pokedex as I can. I know there are some legendary pokemon I do not have, mostly stuff from Gen IV. Still going to get as much as I can.
Good luck dude! Post here if you've tried to get certain Pokemon but just couldn't. I've got a few spares.

Even if you don't wind up completing the dex, Pokemon Bank will still be worth it when you get ORAS and are like, "...I really don't want to transfer over my mons one by one... Oh wait, I can do it in bulk. Hooray!"

Tantalus

Neo Member
Trying to get back into the game, kind of fell off the bandwagon for a while. Gave my breeding ditto away to a friend while I wasn't playing though and now I can't get it back :(

If anyone has a spare breeding ditto I'd really appreciate it, I don't have too much to offer unless anyone wants an extremespeed Dratini or a MewTwo I guess

I haven't been on Neogaf long as a member but lurked for years and sadly never entered a Pokemon thread. From the few pages I read, this thread is more trade based? I am more of a battling kinda guy. Was wondering how frequently do home grown Gaf Poke tournaments go up.

If I missed it on the OP I apologize.

In any case I hope to enjoy more Pokegaf!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I've been crazy busy with work lately and sort of put down by DS for a bit. Diancie is out though now, yes? Is there any sort of clone waiting list to get on?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I haven't been on Neogaf long as a member but lurked for years and sadly never entered a Pokemon thread. From the few pages I read, this thread is more trade based? I am more of a battling kinda guy. Was wondering how frequently do home grown Gaf Poke tournaments go up.

We had one with VGC rules a little while after launch, but nothing since then. We really should do another one, it was a lot of fun.

Someone organize another tournament! I wanna fight you guys!

Ok should I give the modest Jirachi water pulse before bringing it up? I already gave a timid one water pulse. Or should I wait for a bold and give that one water pulse? The other water pulses are in my gen 4 games. Going to bring up these 6 Wishmaker Jirachi to Gen 4 now.

Timid + TM03 Water Pulse
Modest
Rash
Quirky
Quirky
Quirky

The three quirky I'll bring up to XY, so anyone want a quirky Wishmaker Jirachi?

Yeah, I'll just continue playing Ruby too, the stacked team lets me blow through the game anyway.

Oooooh do you have any left?

:(

redhairedking

Ok should I give the modest Jirachi water pulse before bringing it up? I already gave a timid one water pulse. Or should I wait for a bold and give that one water pulse? The other water pulses are in my gen 4 games. Going to bring up these 6 Wishmaker Jirachi to Gen 4 now.

Timid + TM03 Water Pulse
Modest
Rash
Quirky
Quirky
Quirky

The three quirky I'll bring up to XY, so anyone want a quirky Wishmaker Jirachi?

Yeah, I'll just continue playing Ruby too, the stacked team lets me blow through the game anyway.

I wouldn't mind one

lupinko

I don't think I can get on tonight, but I should be available over the next couple days if that works for you.

Yeah that's fine, I have a completed national dex and almost done a living dex. So in return I don't really need anything unless you have something cool like a breedable pokemon with egg moves, a Vivillon pattern that I don't have that you can breed for me, or whatever.

Muku

Anyone hear from Nintendo HK yet? I know it's not 27th or whatever end they put on it, but was just wondering if they're really making folks wait that long.

Welcome! Folks talk about battling and stuff here too. It's just that we do a lot of trading to help folks fill out dexes and to help each other with our breeding for competitive Pokemon. I know when the NeoGAF PokeGym thing was going on there was talk about that here too. Sometimes hear about tournaments for other places here too.

redhairedking

Yeah that's fine, I have a completed national dex and almost done a living dex. So in return I don't really need anything unless you have something cool like a breedable pokemon with egg moves, a Vivillon pattern that I don't have that you can breed for me, or whatever.

My native Vivillon is modern, but that's pretty common and I don't have any others. I have some protean Froakie spitbacks, but they don't have any egg moves.

Velcro Fly

I'm breeding an Adamant Scyther with Technician to just wreck the game. It's fun breeding a tiny bit and destroying worlds in game with only a few pokemon. Mega Blaziken did on my X file. Scizor will do that on my Y file.

lupinko

My native Vivillon is modern, but that's pretty common and I don't have any others. I have some protean Froakie spitbacks, but they don't have any egg moves.

Actually I don't think I have a modern Vivillon, I can give you a 5iv parent in a great ball for you to breed, do you have a 6iv ditto? I'd love a modern Scatterbug 5iv timid (with no attack) or 6iv, whichever hatches first.

If you don't have a 6iv ditto, I can provide two 5iv Scatterbug parents. :D

redhairedking

Actually I don't think I have a modern Vivillon, I can give you a 5iv parent in a great ball for you to breed, do you have a 6iv ditto? I'd love a modern Scatterbug 5iv timid (with no attack) or 6iv, whichever hatches first.

If you don't have a 6iv ditto, I can provide two 5iv Scatterbug parents. :D

I do have a 6iv ditto, if you can give me a timid parent I can get that for you. When you say no attack do you mean 0 or just not 31?

lupinko

I do have a 6iv ditto, if you can give me a timid parent I can get that for you. When you say no attack do you mean 0 or just not 31?

Just not 31, that's a flawless timid without attack, but a perfect 6IV is fine too (so 31 attack). Just whichever hatches first.

I can give you the great ball timid parent with egg moves for you to breed with. :)

when are you available to trade?

do you want anything in return for it?

I'm still available now, but I'll be going later.

What do you have? Like any breedables with egg moves? Or what is your Vivillon pattern? I'm still collecting 5iv flawless timid or 6iv of those.

I have:
Fancy
Elegant
Polar
Sandstorm
Marine
Icy Snow
Ocean
Sun
Savanna
Monsoon
Meadow
Garden
Continental

Redhairedking is offering to breed me a Modern.

Right now looking at Outstanding Potential Modest Diancie, stats are Hp 118, Atk 104, def 170, spA 132, SpD 169, spe 70.

Iv dude says Def, SpA and Spe are the best.

Should I keep or toss?

Muku where is that working iv calculator for Diancie?

Eh I'm going to toss it.

Just not 31, that's a flawless timid without attack, but a perfect 6IV is fine too (so 31 attack). Just whichever hatches first.

I can give you the great ball timid parent with egg moves for you to breed with. :)

I'm still available now, but I'll be going later.

What do you have? Like any breedables with egg moves? Or what is your Vivillon pattern? I'm still collecting 5iv flawless timid or 6iv of those.

I have:
Fancy
Elegant
Polar
Sandstorm
Marine
Icy Snow
Ocean
Sun
Savanna
Monsoon
Meadow
Garden
Continental

Redhairedking is offering to breed me a Modern.

Right now looking at Outstanding Potential Modest Diancie, stats are Hp 118, Atk 104, def 170, spA 132, SpD 169, spe 70.

Iv dude says Def, SpA and Spe are the best.

Should I keep or toss?

Muku where is that working iv calculator for Diancie?

Eh I'm going to toss it.

I can trade right now if you want. I'm pretty sure my Vivillon pattern is Polar, but you have that. I could trade you a 5 IV Jolly Gible w/ Iron Head and Outrage, or a 4 IV Swinub with Stealth Rock and Icicle Crash

I can check to see what else I have.

Also, would you happen to have a Groudon who's data I could snag? I would trade it back afterwards.

lupinko

I'll take the Swinub, is it male or female? If you have it in a premier ball or dream ball then I'd take the female, if not I'll take the male to rebreed, also does it have HA? Not a deal breaker but eh.

I'll move my Groudon back to my main X game for you to see and retrade back.

Are you Zach/Sora? My ign is Black Mamba, I'm on now.

I'll take the Swinub, is it male or female? If you have it in a premier ball or dream ball then I'd take the female, if not I'll take the male to rebreed, also does it have HA? Not a deal breaker but eh.

I'll move my Groudon back to my main X game for you to see and retrade back.

I have a couple of them.

1 is female, Adamant, Thick Fat, 31/31/31/X/31/X, in a Poke Ball@Lvl 1
the other one is male, Timid, Thick Fat, 31/31/X/31/X also in a Poke Ball, but at lvl 31

also the male has more egg moves
Icicle Crash, Freeze Dry, Stealth Rock, Fissure

edit: Apparently I also have a 6IV Treecko with Dragon Breath and Leaf Storm

edit: Yeah, I was Zach in my previous file, Sora in this one

lupinko

I have a couple of them.

1 is female, Adamant, Thick Fat, 31/31/31/X/31/X, in a Poke Ball@Lvl 1
the other one is male, Timid, Thick Fat, 31/31/X/31/X also in a Poke Ball, but at lvl 31

also the male has more egg moves
Icicle Crash, Freeze Dry, Stealth Rock, Fissure

edit: Apparently I also have a 6IV Treecko with Dragon Breath and Leaf Storm

I'll take the male, and I already have my own line of 6iv Treecko, Overgrow and Unburden.

My mistake. Lol

I was offering you free HA Turtwig with egg moves tho.

oh well haha

Turtwig isn't really my speed anyway

Thanks for the trade though!

edit: a couple questions for PokeGAF

I recently got a shiny mudkip w/ 5 IVs over wonder trade
Is there any way to tell if it was hacked or cloned? Also how good is Bold nature on Swampert?
I also have a Shiny Deoxys from back in the day that I'm pretty sure is hacked

Muku

Is there any way to tell if it was hacked or cloned? Also how good is Bold nature on Swampert?

Hacked? If it's got the pentagon showing it was born in Kalos, good chance it's legit. If it doesn't, difficult to say. However, no way to tell if it's been cloned or not.

Edit: Though, if it does have pentagon, could have also been done via the egg ID check or whatever and traded to someone who would hatch it as shiny. Not a fan of that myself, but nothing to really get crazy over though either.

oh well haha

Turtwig isn't really my speed anyway

Thanks for the trade though!

Take it to that lady in front of the PokeCenter in Anistar City to see its origins would be what I would recommend.

Hacked? If it's got the pentagon showing it was born in Kalos, good chance it's legit. If it doesn't, difficult to say. However, no way to tell if it's been cloned or not.

Edit: Though, if it does have pentagon, could have also been done via the egg ID check or whatever and traded to someone who would hatch it as shiny. Not a fan of that myself, but nothing to really get crazy over though either.

Yeah it does have the Pentagon, and my brother said the same thing about that. I guess I just find it weird that someone would wondertrade it away haha

Muku

Yeah it does have the Pentagon, and my brother said the same thing about that. I guess I just find it weird that someone would wondertrade it away haha

Yeah, I've gotten only one shiny off Wonder Trade, but I wonder the same. Sometimes I wonder if people know what it is, or if they just don't care for the shiny they got and hope to make someone else happy.

Yeah, I've gotten only one shiny off Wonder Trade, but I wonder the same. Sometimes I wonder if people know what it is, or if they just don't care for the shiny they got and hope to make someone else happy.

the weird thing is I've gotten 3 in the past week

a shiny Sewaddle, Oshawott, and now Mudkip

I guess I'm just lucky

If the shiny status wasn't Powersaved then it was almost certainly cloned.

I've given away a few hundred 5V Shiny Timid Aurorus that I MM'd myself, for example.

Top Bottom